05-14-2009, 08:46 PM #1

How to get reception inside a factory building?

Hi everyone here is my situation. I have a Stiletto receiver, I work inside a large truck manufacturing facility. I am close to a door, about 12 feet. I tried taking my home docking station with the antenna. I aimed it toward the doorway no reception. There is no way for me to run an antenna to the outside. Any ideas on how I could get live satellite radio in the plant? Thank you.

05-16-2009, 08:48 AM #2
    I bought an outside antenna and 50 ft. extension cable and put the antenna on the highest point on the roof of my house, I had my wife looking at the reciever signal strength while I positioned it. It took a little trouble routing the cable, but well worth it! Good Luck.

Enthusiast
    05-18-2009, 12:52 PM #3
    One option you could use is the WIFI antenna built into the unit. Does your work operate w/ wireless internet? Also, you could use an extension to move that antenna further. Here is one of those extensions:

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-ante...le-p-3834.html

06-08-2009, 09:58 PM #4
    Hi everyone, today I tried the WI-FI at work. Here is what I got it said Galaxy 3 network? And then it said that my Stiletto 100 does not support this application, or something to that effect? Any ideas? Here is another problem, I have the chance of getting bumped to another job (union shop) because we are so slow. I was told that I probably could get the maintenance department to install an antenna on the roof though! Like I said now is not a good time because I could install the antenna then get moved to a different area of the plant?

Enthusiast
    06-09-2009, 10:29 AM #5
    That's some great news! Sirius helps me a lot during the day!

Enthusiast
    06-09-2009, 11:57 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2303 View Post
    Hi everyone, today I tried the WI-FI at work. Here is what I got it said Galaxy 3 network? And then it said that my Stiletto 100 does not support this application, or something to that effect? Any ideas? Here is another problem, I have the chance of getting bumped to another job (union shop) because we are so slow. I was told that I probably could get the maintenance department to install an antenna on the roof though! Like I said now is not a good time because I could install the antenna then get moved to a different area of the plant?
    The Antenna on the roof with a clear-shot of the open sky is the best way to go