Page 4 of 10 ... 23456 ...
    Mentor
    06-04-2009, 11:04 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    With all that is written about Sirius XM, that sounds like a full time job to me.

What have I written that was inaccurate or unjustly written? I can agree to disagree about what people consider competition or threats but, you can't really say that I BASH sirius xm.

What do we think about Orbicast BTW? Ryan has written more about the competition then me over the last month or so, are you guys all giving him crap about it? Do you think he has lost touch?
    You shoulkd feel honored Charles,only go to SA,BUZZ and SATwaves for info,oh also my RSS feed at aol Finance...for related stories..

06-04-2009, 11:09 AM #32
    you guys bicker back and forth like a bunch of kids, GEEZZ!!! If only the SP was going up instead of being in the toilet. There wouldnt be so much bickering. I guess you guys are all friends. Although I'm sure you are scaring people away with your talk, Stressing me out just reading it. Now the other day I posted about the possibilty of Sirius being bundled with Directv and Wild Blue (SAT-TV/Radio/Telephone)or Liberty spinning off Sirius as Liberty Radio and nobody responded cause you were all too aborbed with GM. I also said why cant they go Global they are using Satellites, now I read something yesterday with the mention of Liberty Global. Hmmmmmmm!!!!!! THere are certainly more avenues of revenue that Sirius can tap if they would just get out there and be a salesman instead of a order taker. What does the future hold for Sirius I think John Malone knows, one more note, things are sure quiet on Iphone app. Wonder when it is really gonna roll out?

Guru
    06-04-2009, 11:19 AM #33
    I don't try and bring them up on every topic and I cant help that I think they are a threat. The competition is a small percentage of what I write about as a whole. I also can't help that the competition is constantly evolving and putting this crap in my face. I dont want to say things like "twitter, facebook, and last.fm are coming to xbox" I want to write an article about how Sirius XM is fianlly coming to xbox. Sirius XM is part of a market that is constantly evolving and reinventing itself and they aren't giving me anything to talk about, its not me being negative, its me simply posting news. When times were good and Sirius XM had press releases and new products coming out left and right and the merger went through, no one told me to slow down with news.

Why do you think offering a sub based service is bad for Pandora? There is a market for a premium service (just like people pay for sirius xm) why not exploit that market?

I haven't seen him post in a LONG time and that was one guy. He posted on every satrad site and I dont think anyone thought he didnt have some kind of agenda. I havent seen a frontmed type here since.

Charles while you and others feel that things should happen at light speed most forget about the other companies they have invested in and have gone through mergers or even takeovers. The fact is most investors give that company a full year after the merger takeover before they start bitching about how slow the company is moving towards synergies. I personally think many SIRIXM investors are ether forgetful of this or have never invested in a company before.

As for Pandora it was used to compare the reaction you give both. SIRIXM first increase ever, you were all over them about it. Then here comes Pandora with a increase to their service and you think it is great.

Finally FrontMed was a direct answer to your question, you asked this.

"Who do you think has come to this site and stayed long term just to bash the stock? I dont know of anyone off hand but, maybe I am missing it."

You just missed FrontMed, thats all I was saying.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 11:20 AM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by elm2729 View Post
    you guys bicker back and forth like a bunch of kids, GEEZZ!!! If only the SP was going up instead of being in the toilet. There wouldnt be so much bickering. I guess you guys are all friends. Although I'm sure you are scaring people away with your talk, Stressing me out just reading it. Now the other day I posted about the possibilty of Sirius being bundled with Directv and Wild Blue (SAT-TV/Radio/Telephone)or Liberty spinning off Sirius as Liberty Radio and nobody responded cause you were all too aborbed with GM. I also said why cant they go Global they are using Satellites, now I read something yesterday with the mention of Liberty Global. Hmmmmmmm!!!!!! THere are certainly more avenues of revenue that Sirius can tap if they would just get out there and be a salesman instead of a order taker. What does the future hold for Sirius I think John Malone knows, one more note, things are sure quiet on Iphone app. Wonder when it is really gonna roll out?
    Welcome Elm,we post like that to kill time,while this stock is stagnant,hopefully with good info backing us up,but as for Liberty radio you proposed,it can't happen before august 2011 because of ownership change IRS rules affecting NOL tax benefit...
    SXM Satelites have coverage ability of North america ,Carribean and parts of S.America,but each individual country has lic rights to broadcast the signal,Expensive...World sat coverage is divided into geographical areas and controled by each country to lic them...Talking Sat radio here,Global is expensive,more sats need to be launched,not an expert but this is gist of my answer as saw posted before..

P.S.SXM music channels already are bundled with Direct TV and XM with Dish,but they are working on deals to make full content of SXM available to Direct-TV in future
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 06-04-2009 at 11:25 AM.

06-04-2009, 11:25 AM #35
    good info Johnny thank you, thats whats good about sites like this is that everybody is sifting thru every iota of news and bringing back here sorta a collective conscience

06-04-2009, 11:26 AM #36
    yep I have Directv and I listen to the XM channels fairly often

Guru
    06-04-2009, 11:28 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    So basically the OEM has the rights to that radio they installed for life then?
    Good point about turning them all on then,would be a cost nightmare..

Exactly and it sucks doesnt it. A car ten years old and been turned off for 9 if turned on again the OEMs get the original contracted revenue share of 5 for GM and something like 3 for Ford and Chrysler.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 11:39 AM #38
    I never said the product was the design of the website.

The product is what the people here say and what Tyler and I write about. You seemingly have a problem with a lot of what we say and take time to complain about the ads and now the random once or twice a week spam post (that is written and cleaned up within hours). Or did you forget that you complain about that stuff? Or is it really not all that important in the grand scheme of things and you just like to complain?
    I have been criticizing Tyler since SA days.(From around May of 08 I believe). I ripped Brandon a few a**holes too. Probably number #1 on my list of most negative posts. Im not biased. I just ripped Gino for his retarded options article. I dont descriminate. Not to say Brandon doesnt ever write anything good, in fact, he lately writes more good than bad. Same with Tyler. He writes way more good than bad. Im not going to not comment on the bad. Not fair.
    When theres something to praise, I will. I always post postitive comments when appropriate. I believe I just commented on a Tyler article calling it brilliant. Thats not bashing. I respect other opinions. If you write something good, I will praise it. Just one mans opinion anyway. What do I matter?
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-04-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Guru
    06-04-2009, 11:43 AM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by elm2729 View Post

Well as for the global part the spectrum can not be used in Europe and the SIRI satellite constellation would not reach it even if it could. As for the internet part it would be possible except you need a USA address to subscribe (I think that has to deal with the nightmare concerning billing in different countrys) but because the Iphone has that already taken care of with the downloads it would be possible, I guess.

P.S. sorry JohnnyIrishXM did not read your reply before I did could have saved time.
    Last edited by john; 06-04-2009 at 11:46 AM.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 11:47 AM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Exactly and it sucks doesnt it. A car ten years old and been turned off for 9 if turned on again the OEMs get the original contracted revenue share of 5 for GM and something like 3 for Ford and Chrysler.
    Seems to make sense then John to focus on non sat radio delivery. And newer contracts(that chart illustrated by Mel showing smarter penetration) would be key going forward. Im excited to realize this new age of SirusXM as Demian, Tyler, and Steve have been writing about lately. Iphone is only the first step. WiFI capabilities in all future radios is huge too. This removes them, If im not mistaken, from contractual issues regarding dead radios.(They will simply phase out old models, maybe even making them impossible to activate. Simply make them dead, and stay dead. Chalk it up to a bad contract made in desperate times.

Tim....
    Any word on Hughes and their conference this week?
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-04-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Page 4 of 10 ... 23456 ...