Page 1 of 10 123 ...
    Head Honcho
    06-03-2009, 11:55 PM #1

SIRI Intraday Thread Thursday 06-04-09

Lets start off the Thursday intraday thread with this recently released gem about FM radio coming to Apple nex generation hardware;
    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...sport_kit.html
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    06-04-2009, 12:06 AM #2
    Don't think this is anything new... ipod's already have the ability to let you connect to FM via an already existing accessory that syncs with the ipod if I'm not mistaken. And content is king. Who wants crappy FM anyway? Find another angle to bash SIRI charles... you are a basher aren't you?

Head Honcho
    06-04-2009, 12:22 AM #3
    1. I left opinion out of that comment/link.
    2. I own SIRI.

I was just talking to a friend tonight about how strange this whole Sirius XM thing is and how seemingly no one is middle of the road and people are incapable of leaving emotion out of things. People either LOVE sirius xm and call everyone who has anything critical to say, BASHERS... or everyone is a BASHER who hammers on any piece of good news about the company.

What do I think? I would watch out for people who use that kind of tactic and those kinds of buzzwords, they are probably the ones who are blindly long SIRI or insanely short SIRI. Me? I am going to use my common sense to analyze every bit of information I can about this company and its competition.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    06-04-2009, 12:41 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    1. I left opinion out of that comment/link.
    2. I own SIRI.

I was just talking to a friend tonight about how strange this whole Sirius XM thing is and how seemingly no one is middle of the road and people are incapable of leaving emotion out of things. People either LOVE sirius xm and call everyone who has anything critical to say, BASHERS... or everyone is a BASHER who hammers on any piece of good news about the company.

What do I think? I would watch out for people who use that kind of tactic and those kinds of buzzwords, they are probably the ones who are blindly long SIRI or insanely short SIRI. Me? I am going to use my common sense to analyze every bit of information I can about this company and its competition.

Careful there Charles... I'm not exactly "blindly long" as you imply (and definitely not "insanely short" either) because if I was blindly long why would I have nearly 200 posts on "your" site? Unless you think this site is not for investors rather just insanely short bashers like me?

Look I hate the word basher as much as I hate paid yahoo bashers. And although you did not state any opinion in this case about the FM radio/Apple post, I find it curious that more often than not you are VERY NEGATIVE. Surely your love of this site was originated on SOME enthusiasm for SIRI and indirectly its future stock price growth? Instead all we ever get from you (albeit your few posts have been few and far between only until you were forcred to be more active when Brandon launched competition) is nonstop complaints and negativity. But go ahead and insult the remaining posters and "bashers" like me that you have left at this site. I do my due diligence thank you and in this case felt you brought up a scenario that can only be construed as negative for SIRI. And when I brought up a counterpoint about this technology already existing you don't respond at all and instead just "bash me" as a basher and ignorant investor. I'm sure that tactic will help your readership. Good night sir.
    Last edited by dmo2424; 06-04-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Guru
    06-04-2009, 12:52 AM #5
    I dont know about that Charles I consider myself to be reasonable. Take for instance the first increase I defended that one and basically said people that are crying about it are not reasonable considering the time that has passed since any increase. With this new increase I find myself not being able to defend SIRIXM for the reason I just gave before. As for Slacker/Pandora I dont find them to be direct competition, The only real direct competition they really had was with each other and then there is terrestrial radio. Now if Slacker had the content (and a better/other way to deliver it) then I would rethink that position. The fact is the Ipod and slacker are nothing more then the next generation CD walkman. Did terrrestrial radio really worry about the CD player, maybe a little just not to much.

P.S. As for the people at this and other sites being a little (ok alot) optimistic about the company can you blame them. Really why else would anyone be here if they did not invest or have the product. I have said it many times I dont spent anymore then maybe a few seconds on a stock after I sold it or unless I was considering getting involved with it in some way I would not be here. It is illogical for anyone to spend any time on a company that they really have nothing invested in. So yes when there are people putting down the company/product the conclusion I come to is why the hell do you have the product or invest in it, if you dont like it, get out or dont subscrib. Thats what I do with crap I dont like. I dont stick around constantly saying the product/stock sucks there are much better things out there, I just go to them
    Last edited by john; 06-04-2009 at 01:05 AM.

06-04-2009, 01:44 AM #6
    I got the same email as Julie from Sirius about a free radio for being a loyal subscriber...
    I have been getting a lot more emails the last 2 months...at least they are trying to reach their customers

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    06-04-2009, 01:48 AM #7
    Charles maybe you're email is not on their list of 15 million self pay subs...

06-04-2009, 06:19 AM #8
    Howard will be on letterman on monday. Let's hope he pushes SIRIXM...

Guru
    06-04-2009, 08:41 AM #9
    Eminem's album release party was on Shade 45 (finally listened to my recording of it on my xmp3)...it demonstrated to me the value of live concerts, it was sweet. hopefully since Angela Yee was hosting a show at the party in Detroit they had a lot of advertising for sxm, (crowd sounded like it was big)

Good to have the hottest artist on your team.

maintaining the top spot for second week
    http://www.sohh.com/2009/06/eminems_...to_sell_2.html

can someone post a screen shot of the free radio email please.

Quote Originally Posted by fugo View Post
    I got the same email as Julie from Sirius about a free radio for being a loyal subscriber...
    I have been getting a lot more emails the last 2 months...at least they are trying to reach their customers
    "loyal subscriber" we all know charles isn't "loyal"...

sorry charles, just kidding
    Last edited by SiriusBuzz; 06-04-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: three in a row

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 09:29 AM #10
    P.S. As for the people at this and other sites being a little (ok alot) optimistic about the company can you blame them. Really why else would anyone be here if they did not invest or have the product. I have said it many times I dont spent anymore then maybe a few seconds on a stock after I sold it or unless I was considering getting involved with it in some way I would not be here. It is illogical for anyone to spend any time on a company that they really have nothing invested in. So yes when there are people putting down the company/product the conclusion I come to is why the hell do you have the product or invest in it, if you dont like it, get out or dont subscrib. Thats what I do with crap I dont like. I dont stick around constantly saying the product/stock sucks there are much better things out there, I just go to them[/QUOTE]

always agree with this thought John,can't figure out why charles doesn't get this as an owner and creator of this site,UNLESS.he is just trying the age old Howard Cosell and Rush Limbaugh bussiness model of creating controversy to spike up post and visits,GEE just like THE FOOL..so charles are we competing with the FOOL now?
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 06-04-2009 at 09:32 AM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ...