Page 5 of 6 ... 3456
    06-03-2009, 03:17 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    First of all you have no idea how good that deal is. Just that it is better then the old one (not hard because the last one really sucked). Second you dont know when that deal actually starts or if it would have even been possible if GM did not have to file for bankruptcy and was able to keep up with the quotas that they had to to stay within the old deal. Finally even the Ford deal sucks as far as I am concerned, most of the OEM deals (with the big 3)are way to expensive.
    I was @ an Audi dealership yesterday for 3 hours waiting for my car and noticed that a bunch of SIRI marketing crap was all around the Audi R8 and S8. Funny thing I noticed though was additional marketing posters for," Don't Get a Speeding Ticket!" for a Radar/Laser detector promo they were running.

But SIRI had the main floor is the point I'm trying to make here.

Guru
    06-03-2009, 03:18 PM #42
    whats funny is now those huge buys are trying to get in at .33, sorry no luck here either buddy maybe try .34

Guru
    06-03-2009, 04:02 PM #43
    wow thats one weird ass close, lot of momentum to me, u can ignor that close at the end. stock was bullish from 12 pm on, we should see some good action tomorrow and friday

Guru
    06-03-2009, 04:04 PM #44
    7 million just wen thru at .326 to me thats mm's selling to the institutions. maybe they have gotten what they needed finnaly.

Mentor
    06-03-2009, 04:06 PM #45
    .326 7.3 million share trade after the bell. Nice.

Guru
    06-03-2009, 05:18 PM #46
    good article, haven't finished reading it but it supports some of our arguments that sxm has a bright future

http://www.hear2.com/2009/03/seth-go...o-seminar.html

Old model – finding customers for our products. New model – finding products for our customers.

Step 1: be brilliant.
    Step 2: tell a story.
    Step 3: tribe members will spread the word.

Is your future dependent on yesterday holding on just a little bit longer?

Your product possibilities are limited only by your imagination.

Create a culture with rituals, a “secret handshake.” Help your tribe members to connect. You don’t need charisma to do this. Doing it, leading your tribe, will give you charisma.

Stand for something. Have a manifesto. Persuade 10 people. They will spread it. If you can’t persuade 10 people, you don’t have a strong enough message.
    sounds like sxm's model
    Last edited by imromo24; 06-03-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Guru
    06-03-2009, 05:41 PM #47
    rehashing an old mel interview with orbitcast:

Quote Originally Posted by mel
    Let me make this analogy. Look what happened to Plasma televisions. When the prices came down, more and more people bought them. There's an opportunity for us. We have about 7 million subscribers at Sirius and XM has some 8 million, and between the two companies there's 15 million subscribers. But there's 300 million people in the United States. There's 109 million homes. So we really have not penetrated at this point, and I think the way most people believe that among the ways we can have greater penetration is by offering lower prices. That's just economics right?
    Quote Originally Posted by mel
    If there argument is the relevancy of the national platform, I think what we're talking about is actually: advertising. And the radio industry has $21 billion dollars worth of advertising revenue. If you total up the total of XM's and Sirius' advertising revenue, you get to a number that is probably under $80 million. Last year I think it might have been $60 million dollars.

Most people think that most radio is "local" but the relevant argument is on a national platform. How much national advertising do those companies have? Let's compare $80 million with $21 billion. (laughs) So what are they worried about?
    http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/or...-karmazin.html

Guru
    06-03-2009, 06:55 PM #48
    its green LOOk quick hurry or u will lose the opportunity

Guru
    06-03-2009, 07:18 PM #49
    oops what happened... .34

Guru
    06-03-2009, 07:21 PM #50

DJ's

Positive news

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2009/06/...mixtape-grind/

DJ Skee has been tapped by satellite radio giant XM/Sirius to host a new radio show on the wildly popular Hip Hop Nation channel.

The popular Los Angeles based DJ has already become globally recognized with his current XM/Sirius show, Live From LA, which airs on Saturday nights. Now, Live from LA will move to Tuesday nights (starting June 2nd) to make room for Skeetox, the new show making its debut on Saturday (June 6).

Both shows are 2 hours long and air at 7pm PST/10pm EST every week.

"I am excited to be expanding my visibility with XM/Sirius," says DJ Skee. "Skeetox will be the perfect companion to listeners on Saturday nights -- whether you are partying at home or getting ready to go out, Skeetox will be bring the energy needed with new music for all listeners."

Page 5 of 6 ... 3456