Page 6 of 6 ... 456
    Mentor
    06-03-2009, 07:29 PM #51
    why are the chartologists predicting the next couple of days for the breakout? last time there was this excitement (brandon and other TA "experts") they were right BUT it happened about 2 weeks after their predicted time frame. I AM NOT BASHING BRANDON OR OTHERS, just want an explanation of why the next few days are targets, especially considering this stock is MANIPULATED . wouldnt the MM's sneak attack again and wait a lil longer knowing everyone is expecting the jump off tomorrow?

btw...my starplayr2 for mac is still working BUT the channels are screwed up and alot of the listed stations are actually other stations.

Guru
    06-03-2009, 07:34 PM #52
    yazoo someone claimed a halt in trading for 30 minutes but everyone said it was a normal AH...

Also, top sxm searches for google news

Sirius XM Going Global…Siriusly! Satwaves
    Sirius shares unfazed by GM filing The Daily Deal (subscription)
    Liberty Media Makes Some Sirius Gains Wall Street

SWEET!

06-03-2009, 08:20 PM #53
    The reason the chartologists are predicting a break out is for a few reasons. first the last downtrend in siri had a V shaped recovery at .31. The support was at .29 and the buys were piled up until .30 (where we reversed). Today we saw those buyers lining up even further to the .315 level. With support moving up and the moving averages going through a triangular convergence means a move is imminent. I will also note that on todays chart we ended with the 'Hammer' pattern. This is a typical pattern found at the end of a downtrend. Of course like many patterns you need confirmation of the move on the following day. There was a 7.3 million share trade at the close well below the trading range at .326. Retail buys high, crooks by low. I think that was the MM either covering a short or starting a long position to start tomorrow.

Another thing to note is the past two small pops we had to the .36/.38 area seemed to be shorted down until the momentum was killed (deep pockets). What this means is those stop losses will be around the .38 level (if they haven't covered already). So a move above this will end up being 3x more fierce then it would of been if we didn't have the 2 pops and pullbacks.

Like anything else, take it with a grain of salt.

GLTA!

Guru
    06-03-2009, 09:00 PM #54
    what was the details of the last trade after hours?

Mentor
    06-03-2009, 09:44 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesey View Post
    The reason the chartologists are predicting a break out is for a few reasons. first the last downtrend in siri had a V shaped recovery at .31. The support was at .29 and the buys were piled up until .30 (where we reversed). Today we saw those buyers lining up even further to the .315 level. With support moving up and the moving averages going through a triangular convergence means a move is imminent. I will also note that on todays chart we ended with the 'Hammer' pattern. This is a typical pattern found at the end of a downtrend. Of course like many patterns you need confirmation of the move on the following day. There was a 7.3 million share trade at the close well below the trading range at .326. Retail buys high, crooks by low. I think that was the MM either covering a short or starting a long position to start tomorrow.

Another thing to note is the past two small pops we had to the .36/.38 area seemed to be shorted down until the momentum was killed (deep pockets). What this means is those stop losses will be around the .38 level (if they haven't covered already). So a move above this will end up being 3x more fierce then it would of been if we didn't have the 2 pops and pullbacks.

Like anything else, take it with a grain of salt.

GLTA!
    excellent analysis and thanx for the explanation. you should post more often.

06-03-2009, 10:42 PM #56
    I got an email today, Sirius is giving a free radio to their existing
    subscribers for their second car. Of course, subscribers would be
    paying for the additional sub. Thought that was a good idea. They
    need to expand it even further. Free radio to new subscribers. It's
    only a $40 radio, how much can that be costing them?

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    06-03-2009, 11:10 PM #57
    Nice I like it!!! Charles is that something positive in your eyes? Thanks for sharing Julie!!! Hows life treating you these days? You still haven't told me something interesting about yourself??? Inquiring minds are curious...

I just noticed the GM ticker has changed, does that mean common shareholders were wiped out?
    Last edited by Hopeful; 06-03-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: GM question

Head Honcho
    06-04-2009, 12:00 AM #58
    Sure, the idea sounds positive. That being said... I did not receive any notification about the free radio.

1. Why wasn't I told as a subscriber?
    2. Why wasn't I told as someone who can spread this kind of news to the masses?

The idea is an A, the execution of the idea seems to be an F.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-04-2009, 12:11 AM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Sure, the idea sounds positive. That being said... I did not receive any notification about the free radio.

1. Why wasn't I told as a subscriber?
    2. Why wasn't I told as someone who can spread this kind of news to the masses?

The idea is an A, the execution of the idea seems to be an F.
    I agree Charles, it seems to be hit and miss as far as promotion
    campaigns are concerned.

Last week or so, when our discussions were on marketing, I had posted
    about giving out free radios with new subscriptions. I really think
    that would be a great promotion with a minimal cost to the company,
    with great potential to bring in new subscribers. Oh why can't they
    listen to us.

Julie

Page 6 of 6 ... 456