Page 5 of 17 ... 3456715 ...
    Guru
    06-02-2009, 11:14 AM #41
    P.S. Were unions out of control? YES. Everyone knew unions were out of control and could be the down fall of any company not just the OEMs. Your buddies in congress protected them so dont blame the CEOs about something they had little control over.

Addict
    06-02-2009, 11:16 AM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    I am going to save that Electric car quote of yours. Does that mean your
    slipping in your opposition to hybrid electric cars? Probably wishing for too much. lol.
    Did you read the article in the Sunday (?) Ny times business section about
    the new generation nuclear power plant in Finland being built by the French
    it really is quite illuminating. Do yourself a favor and check it out or do
    you want me to link it?
    I have no prob with electric car....like I said....it can't be fueled by electricity which is generated by fossil fuels to have any significant positive impact. And, there's nothing silly about what I've said. You may disagree..that's cool...but nothing I've posted is silly. Nuke power is what we need, now, to transform our antequated and expensive elect grid. Unfortunately, the knee jerk 'no nukes' left from the 1980s has put the squeeze on that. They totally overreacted to Three Mile Island, and then the Russian debacle at Chernobyl (hey, it's the Russians...what do you expect!). The U.S., including our Navy, has never had a lethal nuclear accident (lethal radiation contamination). If there's promising nuke technology that is better than what we have today, bring it on...let's get going!
    p.s. my point about liberals hating corporations was naturally a generalization, but it is about the constant railing from the left about the evils of corporate america and the desire to have gov't regulate everything whenever there's a problem.

Addict
    06-02-2009, 11:19 AM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    American auto industry was ruined because of reliability. If you think its energy your just a tree hugger.
    Again, its way more complex than just reliability or just energy. David Brooks got it pretty spot on in my opinion.
    Never hugged a tree but maybe thats whats missing from my life.
    You seem to know a lot about it. Please do share your experiences.

Guru
    06-02-2009, 11:19 AM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    Why is it that some places if talk positive about a stock you get attacked and some places if you talk negative about the stock you get the same.

Why do people feel the need to tell other people to sell the stock because they dont a gree or tell them they are gonna lose alot if they dont sell ... I just dont get it.
    It is a forum not a pep rally. Apparently you haven't been paying attention. The stock isnt moving for a reason. There are negative aspects to be concerned about as well.

Many here are to rosey about this particular stock. Apparently I am one of those too. I just dont tell others that are not so rosey to sell and leave .

Argue the point. Show them what you believe is the fallacy of their argument for sure! or Ignore them!
    But be civil. Lets keep this board from being the lord of the flies board.

Because at least be honest and say you dont own the stock anymore. Really who here owns any stock they hate. I mean if there are any here I call you an idiot. I hate the company but own the stock, that makes alot of sense doesn't it. I dont know about anyone else but if I hate a company I get the F out because I think it is going down and dont want it to take me with it.

Guru
    06-02-2009, 11:22 AM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Because at least be honest and say you dont own the stock anymore. Really who here owns any stock they hate. I mean if there are any here I call you an idiot. I hate the company but own the stock, that makes alot of sense doesn't it. I dont know about anyone else but if I hate a company I get the F out because I think it is going down and dont want it to take me with it.
    exactly, that is my point.

Guru
    06-02-2009, 11:23 AM #46
    i was civil, i simply told him to do the common sense thing, if he doesnt believe in the ceo and is obviously unhappy with siri's performance he should sell. hows that not being civil?

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 11:27 AM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i was civil, i simply told him to do the common sense thing, if he doesnt believe in the ceo and is obviously unhappy with siri's performance he should sell. hows that not being civil?
    I didn't quote you did I?
    The main reason I didnt is because I know you. You say things at times just to be an ass and you know it. This is one of those times in my opinion. Do as you will. My comment wasnt directed at you because I know you won't even consider it and miss the point entirely.

Maybe Julietoo won't either but I figured I would try.

And as for john... he calls every one an idiot. He just likes to bait people into a bashing argument.
    Absolutely nothing constructive. So not worth the time to even discuss with him. He uses the statement idiot because he cant make arguments without using it.
    Last edited by airman; 06-02-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Guru
    06-02-2009, 11:28 AM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post

I can respect it, if someone was to say I sold all the SIRIXM I had and all you guys are idiots for holding on to it. It is arguable but also respectable.

Guru
    06-02-2009, 11:29 AM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    I didn't quote you did I?
    The main reason I didnt is because I know you. You say things at times just to be an ass and you know it. This is one of those times in my opinion. Do as you will. My comment wasnt directed at you because I know you won't even consider it.

Maybe Julietoo won't either but I figured I would try.
    aww airman you know me too well by now i guess haha, i guess after 2000 posts rofl

Addict
    06-02-2009, 11:29 AM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    P.S. Were unions out of control? YES. Everyone knew unions were out of control and could be the down fall of any company not just the OEMs. Your buddies in congress protected them so dont blame the CEOs about something they had little control over.
    Unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions,
    unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions,unions..................................... ................................................Ww wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh hhhhhh! I know. The unions are responsible for Sirius's stock price, your uncles bum leg and your pets constipation. Anything else? Hilarious.

Oh by the way my Grandfather and Dad ran VERY successful restaurants with unions. When things were tough they accepted responsibility. But that was a different time where people didnt look for scapegoats but worked their asses off to make it work for everybody.

Page 5 of 17 ... 3456715 ...