Page 4 of 17 ... 2345614 ...
    Addict
    06-02-2009, 10:52 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Lloyd...I don't think anyone disputes that the writing was on the wall years ago.....in a nutshell....mostly due to union extortion and the political backing of the unions. Unions have a poor track record in this area....anyone remember Eastern Airlines? and the many other companies killed by greedy unions, and of course, greedy & incompetent execs too! Liberals hate corporations, but then scream how there aren't enough jobs....weird. We can't all work for the post office.
    Underway, you seem smarter than some drone who continues to blame
    EVERYTHING on the unions. I quess David Brooks quote which includes some
    blame on unions,or at least General Motors contracts with unions, and is way more nuanced,reasonable and fair is just too much for you to accept. Sorry your stuck in such a mindset that you think "liberals hate corporations" That is so absurd as to be laughable. I actually invest in and support MANY corporations including SiriusXM. The truth is we probably support DIFFERENT corporations. Please stop with the silly stuff and then maybe we can have a serious discussion about the future of the auto insustry and this country in general.

06-02-2009, 10:53 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by stkdn View Post
    Well...... I will research and see why a company shows something as stupid as this as a "good" thing. This stock IS going to go up..........someday. Maybe 2012.Right Mel? 1 dollar by the end of summer? Wishful thinking. Whats your point? "A Fool Looks Back" making negative comments is going to make a stock go UP? Now that's something I don't get.
    Why do you persist in denigrating this stock? If you are so disillusioned
    with the performance of Sirius than maybe it's time you sold your
    100 shares and moved along. Perhaps another board would be more
    receptive to your drivel.

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 10:53 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by stkdn View Post
    Mr.trippingthespeculatingpos.........Seems as though I am the one getting Bashed here. I just made a post,like everyone else.You are right,I want to be rich....don't you? This company should be making money,with all the subs and Liberty throwing them a lifeline,and this and that. Mel K is sleeping. GM is to blame now......right? Throw that into the mix.If they had a CEO, ANY CEO should have been able to see this, Right? This is bashing????

stkdn,if you followed the company as you say you do,you would have seen in the december and March 4Q,1Q CC that Mel did see it and it's why he accelerated cost cutting and finding new revenue streams(on-line fee,Best of,raisng extra sub fee and I-Phone app ,used cars market,ETC)he knew he couldn't count on self pay sub growth in 09 to generate Profit...What are you looking at..

Addict
    06-02-2009, 10:56 AM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    I too have lived through this very same thing in the 70's,Chrysler needed gov't money then and we came out better for it in the long haul,but not like this with all the take overs is crazy...History has repeated itself as usual..
    Do you remember the K cars? and lines for Gas depending on the last digit of your license plate,odd on one and even on the next...

P.S.I hope the documentary tells how it will take estimated 3 trillion dollars for that infrastructure to change over to a new cleaner energy,everyone new this in the 70's when it was 100 billion then.
    I sure do, and I've posted about this recently. There is an inherent problem with heavy industry that must react to consumer tastes. It is very difficult to do, because design/test/re-tooling is very tedious, and with gov't crash testing and fuel economy regulations to boot, it's a herculean task. Gas prices shoot up, no way they can react quickly enough. Then when they drop like a brick, consumers go back for big SUVs. It has happened over and over. Look, even Toyota is having big time problems. It's not just Detroit. If we eventually get to hydrogen fuel cell power which is cheap, safe, reliable and can 99% of the time kick the daylights out of gasoline in the marketplace, we will have a winning formula for sustainability. But, as long as fossil fuel is in the mix, forget it. Electric cars? BS, unless we have huge nuke power build out here.

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 10:57 AM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Julietoo ,don't be so hard on STKDN,he actually has 101 shares and trying to buy 5 more!!!

Good Morning Julie...

Guru
    06-02-2009, 11:01 AM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    American auto industry was ruined because of reliability. If you think its energy your just a tree hugger.

That is a false premise that used to be true in the early 80s but had change by the early 90s. Today the quality of american cars are at par with foreign domestic.

Addict
    06-02-2009, 11:06 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    I sure do, and I've posted about this recently. There is an inherent problem with heavy industry that must react to consumer tastes. It is very difficult to do, because design/test/re-tooling is very tedious, and with gov't crash testing and fuel economy regulations to boot, it's a herculean task. Gas prices shoot up, no way they can react quickly enough. Then when they drop like a brick, consumers go back for big SUVs. It has happened over and over. Look, even Toyota is having big time problems. It's not just Detroit. If we eventually get to hydrogen fuel cell power which is cheap, safe, reliable and can 99% of the time kick the daylights out of gasoline in the marketplace, we will have a winning formula for sustainability. But, as long as fossil fuel is in the mix, forget it. Electric cars? BS, unless we have huge nuke power build out here.
    I am going to save that Electric car quote of yours. Does that mean your
    slipping in your opposition to hybrid electric cars? Probably wishing for too much. lol.
    Did you read the article in the Sunday (?) Ny times business section about
    the new generation nuclear power plant in Finland being built by the French
    it really is quite illuminating. Do yourself a favor and check it out or do
    you want me to link it?

Guru
    06-02-2009, 11:07 AM #38
    lloyd Handwerker, I guess you thought that back in the early 90s when American car companies were buying up the other foreign brands left and right. Yea right get a clue. I guess you figured when Japan was in its longest and deepest recession ever that GM going bankrupt was a fore gone conclustion. Ford buying Mazda must have made that prediction seem so obvious right.

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 11:08 AM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Why is it that some places if talk positive about a stock you get attacked and some places if you talk negative about the stock you get the same.

Why do people feel the need to tell other people to sell the stock because they dont a gree or tell them they are gonna lose alot if they dont sell ... I just dont get it.
    It is a forum not a pep rally. Apparently you haven't been paying attention. The stock isnt moving for a reason. There are negative aspects to be concerned about as well.

Many here are to rosey about this particular stock. Apparently I am one of those too. I just dont tell others that are not so rosey to sell and leave .

Argue the point. Show them what you believe is the fallacy of their argument for sure! or Ignore them!
    But be civil. Lets keep this board from being the lord of the flies board.
    Last edited by airman; 06-02-2009 at 11:11 AM.

06-02-2009, 11:10 AM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Julietoo ,don't be so hard on STKDN,he actually has 101 shares and trying to buy 5 more!!!

Good Morning Julie...
    Good Morning Johnny,

Perhaps that's his motive for being here. We panic and sell, then he
    swopes in to make his big purchase. Now this is all starting to make
    sense. He's manipulating us.

Julie

Page 4 of 17 ... 2345614 ...