Page 17 of 17 ... 7151617
    Guru
    06-03-2009, 07:04 AM #161
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    John,agree wholeheartedly about building them safely,common sense says they can do a much better job today than then.(threw that in for you)
    but i'm talking about the waste they generate and the greatest minds in the world in 50 years still haven't come up with a plan to get rid of it..
    And sure they have been paid for 10 times over,on the backs of
    Electricity consumers at over bloated prices..it is not cheap energy,cleaner than coal or fossil fuel,but in long range much more destructive to the Env.
    There is a reason they put a moritorium on building them,who wants to live around one..

They have come up with a way to store it. Navada residents voted to have it stored there the enviromentalist are the ones holding that up. The only thing holding the plants in Texas up is the red tape and the environmentalist again, residents approved it long ago.

Guru
    06-03-2009, 07:19 AM #162
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    John, until you tell me you have read the NY times business section article on the Finnish new generation nucklear power plant of french origin i will consider you ignorant of all present facts about nuclear power. One would think you would wish to be educated about such stuff. Waiting to see..................

First of all I dont read anything that rag puts out anymore. How many times does a news agency have to admit to a blantant lie before you stop trusting it. That gos for CNN also. Examples: the reporter that never even went to the places that he was reporting on yet they kept him on because he was black, CNN says yea Saddom was as terrible as they say but we had to put him in a better light and lie to be able to keep our reporters there and to protect the people working for us, how ridculous is that. You cant trust a news agency that has the bias that the New York Times has. Just look at their readership more poeple every day are realizing that.

As for the rest if and that is a big if what they say is true it is one plant there are hundreds that go up and are running fine. You cant be serious that you think I would take one example out of hundreds and say the idea sucks. I had a Ford that sucked does that mean all Ford products suck? DHAAAA.

Page 17 of 17 ... 7151617