Page 12 of 17 ... 21011121314 ...
    Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 01:12 PM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    any1 see car sales for may? looks real good, siri should get a pop from this i mean shit cars are selling better then they did june of last year.
    Thanks Trip for moving on to some news.

Ford's sales came in 15% better than analyst expected and were an increase from April. They are increasing 2nd qtr production.

Chrysler has signaled BK hasn't significantly hurt their sales.

It is going to be interesting to see where all the numbers add up at the end of the day, but it looks like Mel was tallking from a point of insight when he stated the annual car sales numbers they were expecting. It might even start trending higher once the GM BK settles down and they get back to business.

06-02-2009, 01:14 PM #112
    Hiya Julie and ty for the welcome

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 01:15 PM #113

iphone app announcement coming?

I know there has been some opinions, but what is the current thoughts on when SIRI will announce the GA of the app?

Will it be before, during or after the Apple developer conference next week?

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 01:15 PM #114
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    John, until you tell me you have read the NY times business section article on the Finnish new generation nucklear power plant of french origin i will consider you ignorant of all present facts about nuclear power. One would think you would wish to be educated about such stuff. Waiting to see..................
    So you are calling someone "ignorant of all present facts about nuclear power" because you are unsure if they read a NY Times article that you apparently feel sums it up. Not knowing at all what the person knows.

That is rich.

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 01:16 PM #115
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    Greatest government plan ever? Confiscation by the government to implement("force") social insurance in a free society?
    Ok then!
    Do you remember when SSI was created and why?
    early 1900's and smewlting pots,steel mills coal mines ,all controlled by Rockefeller,carnegie and others...It was inservitude feifdoms like old europe.
    The great depression proved we better take care of the common man or we will fail as a true capitalist democracy..now it went to far the other way and is beginning to even out...generic explaination,too tired to type here..but you get my gist..

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 01:20 PM #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    I know there has been some opinions, but what is the current thoughts on when SIRI will announce the GA of the app?

Will it be before, during or after the Apple developer conference next week?
    I'm hoping Mel is onstage when they announce it,but that is dreaming i know.
    but i would guess same day or 1 day after..

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 01:21 PM #117
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    early 1900's and smewlting pots,steel mills coal mines ,all controlled by Rockefeller,carnegie and others...It was inservitude feifdoms like old europe.
    The great depression proved we better take care of the common man or we will fail as a true capitalist democracy..now it went to far the other way and is beginning to even out...generic explaination,too tired to type here..but you get my gist..
    Nothing generic about that. Good worldview. I agree. But their intentions I would disagree with only slighly. Thats part of it, i agree. You named the players though. They knew back then their was extra fat. No competition yet for foregin markets.

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 01:22 PM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    True capitalist democracy ...new one to me... you sure are learning me right man.

And to think I thought we were a democratically elected representative republic that practiced free-market capitalism where our founders had contempt for "democracies".

We could get into a whole other discussion about how and why the things happened in that era. I am sure we totally disagree but that is way to far out. We are already to far out.

Anyone think the car and truck sales are worse than expected?
    Last edited by airman; 06-02-2009 at 01:28 PM.

Addict
    06-02-2009, 01:24 PM #119
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    So you are calling someone "ignorant of all present facts about nuclear power" because you are unsure if they read a NY Times article that you apparently feel sums it up. Not knowing at all what the person knows.

That is rich.
    I quess you havent read the article either.
    That is sad.

Can you quote anything from THAT person that demonstrates a vast knowledge
    of the nuclear industry. No? Huh?

Just read the article and then comment. Dont be afraid of some new knowledge.

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 01:26 PM #120
    On Level2 there is absolutely no buying right now,and sellers are sitting higher also..they are just trading 1200 share blocks now between .334 and .. .337...something has to give here soon,we couild see a run up...

Page 12 of 17 ... 21011121314 ...