Page 10 of 17 ... 89101112 ...
    Guru
    06-02-2009, 12:40 PM #91
    yes i have a problem paying a ceo 20 million. specially when they cut lower worker salaries just to give a ceo a raise. how many times has a ceo laid off a bunch of people then yiou find out later he got a pay increase. if ur business is making 20 billion a year and you can afford to pay all your workers fair salaries on top of paying ur ceo 20 million thats fine. But the same way you say basketball players are not worth that much i say no one is worth that much.

Guru
    06-02-2009, 12:41 PM #92
    any1 see car sales for may? looks real good, siri should get a pop from this i mean shit cars are selling better then they did june of last year.

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 12:42 PM #93
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    I was just being funny when i said "now are you happy?". Either there were
    problems interpreting some words on the page or you are doing some serious projecting (a psychological term. look it up) and your the seriously
    angry one. I thought we have been engaging in a reasonably combative argument. Of course you are right that we should probably take most of our
    GM argument to another thread. Its just that it so much easier to combine
    a lot of what we talk about in one thread. My bad as they say.
    Lloyd Handwerker:

You say to me: "or you are doing some serious projecting (a psychological term. look it up) and your the seriously
    angry one. I thought we have been engaging in a reasonably combative argument."

I want to thank you for providing a prime example, in your own words, of exactly what I was talking about.

Enough said. Your response speaks for itself.

Addict
    06-02-2009, 12:44 PM #94
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Alot of declassified reports from the cold war era are now being Declassified,saw a PBS frontline show on it,their were something like 11 Sub related incidents in the 50's and 60's,now they are vague intentionally about deaths due to Radiation,but Russians have already come clean on a few deaths..
    yeah, the Russians...the same folks who brought the world Chernobyl! This has not happened in the US Navy nor in the US.

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 12:45 PM #95
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Nice. Had to bring up the GM bk didnt you...
    Sucker punch....
    Im not always right. Im human. I know i know...

Sure, bad busniess decisions can kill you. of course. Im not saying dont blame managment at all, im just saying, these issues with GM were decades in the making. Kind of like social secruity. Seems LIKE a good idea, at the time. Then before you realize it isnt , its too late. Before you know it, the Union is running the company.
    So you think SELECTION and management fat were their downfall. Ok....
    Then why did their current selection, number 1 in the world, not make money? You defeated your own arguement.
    Being number 1 in your industry does not guarantee profits. Look at SiriusXM. Largest radio company in the world. Just break even about from that. Clear Channel. 600 million gross revenue, they lost money. #1 in terrestrial radio market.
    etc...
    Sometimes your industry is the problem. The domestic car INDUSTRY was in trouble, not just GM. They were the biggest, the biggest leveraged company, so they took it the worst. Like I said, decades in the making. Number one cost for most business's is labor. Labor labor labor. And costs associated with labor. Im sure you know that employers have to match federal taxes? Im sure you did...
    Do you think Japan makes their companies match their taxes? Of course not...
    Relmor,you don't really think that do you?
    1.Social security as it was created and meant to be,was the greatest gov't plan ever..you know the reason why it is in trouble,they spent all the extra money it took in to pay for WW2,Korean and NAM wars...It was called a TRUST fund for a reason...
    2.Ever heard of Dividends.Why was GM and other car companies paying them when they weren't meeting their obligations of debt?

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 12:53 PM #96
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post
    Lloyd Handwerker:

You say to me: "or you are doing some serious projecting (a psychological term. look it up) and your the seriously
    angry one. I thought we have been engaging in a reasonably combative argument."

I want to thank you for providing a prime example, in your own words, of exactly what I was talking about.

Enough said. Your response speaks for itself.
    Agree with your point about the way it use to be,but the intraday thread was created for Day traders and swing traders,we don't cater to that faction here anymore,we are all mostly long investors here,we just kept the daily thread out of ruotine i guess,we are not control freaks here and you can post anything you want here,we like to talk about things that will affect SXM long term and try to post factual info not heart felt rumors..

06-02-2009, 12:55 PM #97

siriusly

I'm sure GM will get back on their feet fairly quick with the govt help, I think there are bigger untapped markets for Sirius though and they are just starting to figure them out.

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 12:55 PM #98
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    yeah, the Russians...the same folks who brought the world Chernobyl! This has not happened in the US Navy nor in the US.
    TMI ring a bell!!! we are just better at controlling the damage is all..but why take the chance of a nuclear disaster ,if you don't have to..

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 12:56 PM #99
    Quote Originally Posted by elm2729 View Post
    I'm sure GM will get back on their feet fairly quick with the govt help, I think there are bigger untapped markets for Sirius though and they are just starting to figure them out.
    A sincere welcome to this forum ELM...

Addict
    06-02-2009, 12:58 PM #100
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Yes. You are no nuclear power expert so I am telling you and others who are niave supporters of the nuclear industry for the third time to read the NY times business article on the Finnish problems with their new generation french nuclear plant before you go and say anything. Reasonable no?

One persons reasonable regulation is anothers over regulation. One persons
    subsidizing of the nuclear industry is anothers reasonable hand up.
    Just read the article you referred to in the NYT about Finland and their problems with the current nuke project. Interesting, but hardly a definitive argument against nuke power. Big complex project has cost overruns, with blame game between government and contractors. No news there. Look, this is a very complicated issue.....pros and cons...like all issues around energy. Lots to learn. THE END.

Page 10 of 17 ... 89101112 ...