Page 2 of 17 123412 ...
    Guru
    06-01-2009, 08:46 AM #11
    watch out trip, he's going to tell you its "nothing" so you should sell since it went up on no news.... (which ive learned is usually true) but I think the runup was digesting the neutral to good news at the meeting, GM bondholders (or was it union) were agreeing to new deals, and well, it seems end of the month helps?

Addict
    06-01-2009, 08:47 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    www.socialtic.com

You will just have to wear headphones so you can hear SIRI over the lawn mower engine in the new "Vehicle" that generates the electricity. It will be Gas-Electric after your charge from home wears off.

For an extra $25,000 you will be able to get your cart fitted with solar cells on the roof for that extra 35 mile charge while you are working (provided the sun is out) and they will even put a basket in the back for groceries.

Bill
    oh yeah....now you're talkin'!! Don't forget the sails for each car too...gotta harness that wind power! Such a load of crap. For those of you old enough to remember, the auto industry went thru similar (but not as bad as this) times in the 70s, when they were caught with big gas guzzlers in the face of rapidly rising oil prices, then they shifted to small POS cars (exploding Ford Pinto anyone?), and of course, got stuck with those when the market rejected them. So....here we go again!....but...it's worse this time. Except this is the second time Chrysler has fed at the public trough.
    Anyway....just sayin'.......SIRI will emerge strong, regardless. Americans will start buying cars again very soon.

Guru
    06-01-2009, 08:49 AM #13
    everytime I see the picture of the 11 airbags in cars deployed I think of that scene in demoman when the car fills with foam...not to far off really.

Guru
    06-01-2009, 08:53 AM #14
    its funny every1 talking about demo man heh, i always liked that movie, was diff. i still wonder how the hell u would use seashells heh

Guru
    06-01-2009, 08:54 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    What is the recent run up been attributed to?

I believe its because of the increase coming in August, plus people are starting to reallize that even if they lose subs, as long as they can get to FCF positive, 300,000 sub loss in the 2nd Q wont matter. Most likely because of the increase though. The realitiy of it is while they may loss some subs because of it, they wont lose that many. Just look at the self pay losses for the first quarter, they were only 100,000. After all SIRIXM did to the subs they (for the most part) still stuck it out.

06-01-2009, 09:02 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    its funny every1 talking about demo man heh, i always liked that movie, was diff. i still wonder how the hell u would use seashells heh
    Those damn sea shells. how the hell did they use them???? HAHA. That was a great movie. It's funny too because if I recall, that movie was based on the year 2012. I don't see that being the world in just two years. ( I MAY BE WRONG ON THE YEAR THOUGH)

06-01-2009, 09:03 AM #17
    Breaking News

Surprise!
    GM files for bankruptcy.
    No link, but trust me.

Julie

Guru
    06-01-2009, 09:03 AM #18
    If you have been following the company for a while you know the analyst were saying and were happy with a 2 dollar increase some time ago. As a matter of fact they down grade the synergies from the merger because they figured there would be wo way for the company to now have a increase until 3 years. Well so much for that.
    Last edited by john; 06-01-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Guru
    06-01-2009, 09:05 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Breaking News

Surprise!
    GM files for bankruptcy.
    No link, but trust me.

Julie

Julie that is not breaking news it has been out for a while.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090601/bs_nm/us_gm_22

Addict
    06-01-2009, 09:09 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    oh yeah....now you're talkin'!! Don't forget the sails for each car too...gotta harness that wind power! Such a load of crap. For those of you old enough to remember, the auto industry went thru similar (but not as bad as this) times in the 70s, when they were caught with big gas guzzlers in the face of rapidly rising oil prices, then they shifted to small POS cars (exploding Ford Pinto anyone?), and of course, got stuck with those when the market rejected them. So....here we go again!....but...it's worse this time. Except this is the second time Chrysler has fed at the public trough.
    Anyway....just sayin'.......SIRI will emerge strong, regardless. Americans will start buying cars again very soon.
    What is "a load of crap" is GM policy over the last 10 years or more. They
    ran the company into the ground. No disputing that! Bankrupt. Need 50 billion
    just to survive. Great business practices huh? I quess you saw that coming
    10 years ago like i did?

Page 2 of 17 123412 ...