Page 17 of 17 ... 7151617
    Addict
    06-02-2009, 01:00 PM #161
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    That was their mistake. You dont give consumers what they want, you tell them what they want, then you give it to them. GM should have been telling the American people they want better gas mileage cars years ago. Advertise it, sell it. Instead they pushed what they wanted to push, their gas guzzlers. Which is fine, if they arent paying 10000 80 year old men to do nothing. And over paying fat supplier contracts that these companies now NEED, because they grew into them. Sorry Tim, but do you really think people DEMANED cable tv? Did they DEMAND cell phones. No, they didnt. But Verizon(GTE), convinced everyone they needed one, so soon enough, everyone needed one. The product sold itself after it became cheap and had a large network. But you should see the first purchasers. Huge phones . Expensive, and they could only be used in a limited area. People were not running out and DEMANDING cell phones.
    Did Americans in 1920 DEMAND cars. Of course not, but the invention spoke for itself.
    The American people are stupid. You dont give them what they want, you tell them what they want. And if it turns out to be a great product, look out!!
    All that being said, GM supplies an industry with trucks that does NEED them. They would have always sold new trucks. SUV's..... Maybe not.

Exactly. Make the cars fuel effecient and people will buy. Make the hybrids,
    plug in hybrids, and electric cars and people will buy. Toyota and Honda knew that and now American car companies will finally learn it.
    Of course they have to be stylish, make financial sense etc. but it was always possible to make more fuel effecient cars more quickly than the
    car companies said. It was always obvious gas prices would rise much higher.

Addict
    06-02-2009, 01:19 PM #162

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    lloyd Handwerker, you really need to get your head out of your ass. Every environmental organization (including Greenpeace by the way) loved the idea of ethenal until they realized it was worse for the environment then oil. Ho but we dont blame them for pushing it do we because their intentions were good thats all that matters isn't it. Forget the fact it caused people to die of starvation and take more energy to make then is put out. Conservatives told you nut jobs this many times but you thought we were crazy. Ho by the way how many of those people that said we cause global warming used to say we were headed for a ice age 20 years ago. You notice how I said "said" before thats because you better get up to speed with your wack job buddies because that term global warming has now changed to global climate change. You want to know why that is, well it is because the same people that used to say it was going to be warming are now saying it is going to get colder causing a new ice age. Cant blame them for that one though seeing how we are going to have lower temp. then normal for the next 12 to 20 years. You want to know why it is not because of us but guess why???????????? thats right the sun. You see the sun has 7 and 100 year cycles to it where it is less active and the 7 and 100 year cycle are hitting at the exact same time. I bet you did not know that just before the little ice age that ended in the 19 century the average temp. was higher then it is now. Just so you know that was in the 14th century, so I ask what industry did we have back then to cause the temp. to go up so mush? because I cant think of any.
    "Every environmental organization loved the idea of ethanol" Are you frickin crazy? i have never heard such blatant lies from one person. I personally belong to several that have always opposed corn ethanol. Where do you get your info? I personallly belong to several that have ALWAYS opposed corn ethanol! in 20 years i quess you will stand with the !% of people who still dont believe in global warming. There really is no point in arguing this anymore. Diametrically opposed in the way we see the world.

Guru
    06-03-2009, 07:35 AM #163
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Exactly. Make the cars fuel effecient and people will buy. Make the hybrids,
    plug in hybrids, and electric cars and people will buy. Toyota and Honda knew that and now American car companies will finally learn it.
    Of course they have to be stylish, make financial sense etc. but it was always possible to make more fuel effecient cars more quickly than the
    car companies said. It was always obvious gas prices would rise much higher.

Bullshit they tried that crap forty years ago and it didn't work then and if fuel gos again down it won't work now. Look at what happen as so as the price went down SUVs sales started to pick up and your hybrids started to fall off the face of the earth.

Guru
    06-03-2009, 07:42 AM #164
    personally i can hardly believe its 2009 and we still only have combustible engines that burn fossil fuels at 20 some mile per gallon....kinda stupid really, we've been to the moon, we've landed on asteroids, we been on mars (several times)....whats up???

Guru
    06-03-2009, 07:58 AM #165
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    "Every environmental organization loved the idea of ethanol" Are you frickin crazy? i have never heard such blatant lies from one person. I personally belong to several that have always opposed corn ethanol. Where do you get your info? I personallly belong to several that have ALWAYS opposed corn ethanol! in 20 years i quess you will stand with the !% of people who still dont believe in global warming. There really is no point in arguing this anymore. Diametrically opposed in the way we see the world.

Are you out of your mind, I can go and pull up 10 articles from envirmentalist that loved ethanol, Yea they dont have them up anymore but there are conservative sites that already copied them for historys sake, so we know just who to blame. Why I am at it do you also want me to get the ones that they put out about DDT and how that should be banned from being used in Africa and Southern Asia. Yea thats right they also love that idea until they found out it was killing hundreds of thousands because of milaria and what not spead by the insects DDT killed.

Now as to the global warming issue I told you about that but I see you cut that out of you quote so I will repost it.

Ho by the way, how many of those people that said we cause global warming used to say we were headed for a ice age 25 years ago. You notice how I said "said" before thats because you better get up to speed with your wack job buddies because that term "global warming" has now changed to "global climate change". You want to know why that is, well it is because the same people that used to say it was going to be warming are now saying it is going to get colder, causing a new ice age. Cant blame them for that one though seeing how we are going to have lower temp. then normal for the next 12 to 20 years. You want to know why it is not because of us but guess why???????????? thats right the sun. You see the sun has 7 and 100 year cycles to it where it is less active and the 7 and 100 year cycle are hitting at the exact same time. I bet you did not know that just before the little ice age that ended in the 19 century the average temp. was higher then it is now. Just so you know that was in the 14th century, so I ask what industry did we have back then to cause the temp. to go up so mush? because I cant think of any.

You can live with your head in the sand but all that information was in the news, history channel, and a 25 year old article from News week (that 25 year article has some of the same people that where saying we are causing global warming not to long ago, that we were heading for a ice age back then).
    Last edited by john; 06-03-2009 at 08:01 AM.

Mentor
    06-03-2009, 01:15 PM #166
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Bullshit they tried that crap forty years ago and it didn't work then and if fuel gos again down it won't work now. Look at what happen as so as the price went down SUVs sales started to pick up and your hybrids started to fall off the face of the earth.
    Yes, but if Toyota can offer both types, they are in the drivers seat. Oil will go up again(as you see, it still goes up even during the largest deflationary scare this country had seen since the early 80's. Sure, they drop off, but who cares. Oil will be up again, and you as a CEO of a car company, BETTER be ready THIS time.

Page 17 of 17 ... 7151617