Addict
    06-01-2009, 09:13 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Breaking News

Surprise!
    GM files for bankruptcy.
    No link, but trust me.

Julie
    You sound as surprised as the Johnny Irish, Reimor etc. Johnny "Take it to the bank". Hey Johnny i couldnt help rubbing it in. Sorry!

06-01-2009, 09:20 AM #22
    Trip,

Too busy to follow the past few weeks, didn't miss much. I picked the low at .342 and should have sold around .39 but I like to be in the game before I make any trades. I almost picked off 10k around .3 but I felt if it breaks we could see maybe even .28-.27.....so I waited, its ok to be wrong sometimes Trip....especially when the Kant greater good is achieved. Good luck all, I'm feeling a run up coming, MM can't keep a good company down forever.

PS For all the non-Stern listeners, listen to the start of one of the replays today fin hilarious, first few minutes are great....Stern talking about company beatings, not meetings. LOL. I had a company beating on Friday so it resonated well with me. Noonish on 100! I'd pay 50/month for those kind of laughs.

Guru
    06-01-2009, 09:22 AM #23
    yeah ben i have to agree there. there are a few things worrying me about siri but hopefully they are ignored. SCREW U MARKET EDGE

06-01-2009, 09:24 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Julie that is not breaking news it has been out for a while.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090601/bs_nm/us_gm_22
    John,

Probably shouldn't have put the word BREAKING in there. But
    I did put this little guy to show what a surprise
    that was to all.
    Living here in Michigan, it's the only thing that's been discussed
    other than the weather, for the last month.

Thanks for the link,
    Julie

Guru
    06-01-2009, 09:26 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    What is "a load of crap" is GM policy over the last 10 years or more. They
    ran the company into the ground. No disputing that! Bankrupt. Need 50 billion
    just to survive. Great business practices huh? I quess you saw that coming
    10 years ago like i did?

Thats a load of crap, GM, and Ford gave the people exactly what they wanted, SUVs. It was not to long ago every analyst were jumping all over Toyota, ect., ect., for being behind in the SUV/Truck market. The fact is it was the unions that broke the US auto companies. You cant pay people for not working (job bank) and stay in business, you cant pay people twice what Toyota is and stay in business. You can say what you want but what could GM do. The unions had the democrats full backing in doing what they did to the US auto companies. I also blame dumb ass people that think they could keep the us economy running or the auto industry would not effect them, well if people get layed off from the auto industry they cant buy computers can they. So keep buying those foreign cars, I dont care as long as you keep your mouth shut about the bad economy. As far as I am concerned once you buy that foreign car your part of the problem not the solution. You cant be all for unions then piss on them by buying a foreign car.

Guru
    06-01-2009, 09:32 AM #26
    https://wwws.ameritrade.com/cgi-bin/apps/Main

The Dow Jones Industrial Average surged late Friday, ending up 96.53 points, or 1.1%, at 8500.33, and up 4.1% for all of May. The Dow rose more than 100 points in the last hour of trading as investors decided to take money off the sidelines and jump in.

"The momentum for the opening seems relentless," said David Buik, market analyst with Cantor Fitzgerald, who added that it's also looking a little too frenzied to him. "In the last 20 minutes on Friday, the S&P went from 908 to a high of 920.

"Yes, it was month end and a number of 'missed the boat money managers' had to get invested, but these last 20-30 minute rocket rides have been going on for the last two months, especially when the market reaches a breakdown point the powers that be are not letting this market correct," Buik said.

"It appears that the same mistakes are being made as those made in not allowing the economy to correct when it needed correcting at the turn of the century. A lack of correction often comes with a bitter price to pay."

Addict
    06-01-2009, 09:35 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Thats a load of crap, GM, and Ford gave the people exactly what they wanted, SUVs. It was not to long ago every analyst were jumping all over Toyota, ect., ect., for being behind in the SUV/Truck market. The fact is it was the unions that broke the US auto companies. You cant pay people for not working (job bank) and stay in business, you cant pay people twice what Toyota is and stay in business. You can say what you want but what could GM do. The unions had the democrats full backing in doing what they did to the US auto companies. I also blame dumb ass people that think they could keep the us economy running or the auto industry would not effect them, well if people get layed off from the auto industry they cant buy computers can they. So keep buying those foreign cars, I dont care as long as you keep your mouth shut about the bad economy. As far as I am concerned once you buy that foreign car your part of the problem not the solution. You cant be all for unions then piss on them by buying a foreign car.
    You have a myopic view of what brought GM down. Its way more complex than simply talking about unions. Obviously the bad recession has a lot to do with it but to not acknowledge that there was a lot of incompetence by management is really to stick your head in the sand. Anyone with a certain amount of objectivity knew as soon as gas prices went past a certain price people would want to abandon their gas guzzlers. The goal
    of a good company is to see the future and be prepared for it.

Guru
    06-01-2009, 09:36 AM #28
    I just bought a truck and an SUV, the difference in gas barely comes into play until your talking 30++ mpg, going from 18mpg to 24mpg isn't worth being uncomfortable.

Guru
    06-01-2009, 09:40 AM #29
    In fact, the salesman had just sent off a couple who bought a hybrid and he laughed he said:

Quote Originally Posted by saleman
    It will take them 20 years to pay off the difference in the cost of the hybrid they just bought in the gas savings

06-01-2009, 09:40 AM #30
    I hear you John, GM is dead and going forward as a new leaner meaner company ready to take on the world is bull shit. I buy Fords, always have always will. They do one thing better than Chevy and Dodge and that is run. My 02 F150 has 375000 original miles, 4.6L V8 Triton is an amazing engine. I cruise around in in 08 F250 6.4L turbo diesel, extended cab with and 8' bed, every feature Ford offers and a few they don't.....Let me tell you this thing is an ass kicker...pulls anything I put back there and gets 13mpg. 36 Gallon Tank 75 dollars to fill and goes close to 500 miles.

We own GM and will never see one penny of the money they have been lent. IMVHO.

Out

Page 3 of 17 1234513 ...