Page 4 of 22 ... 2345614 ...
    Guru
    05-29-2009, 10:29 AM #31
    yeah john thats why i always mention my positive experiences, im sure people have had bad ones. its jst that i have yet to have a bad one, even when canceling.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 10:34 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I dont know about that the fact is nothing is perfect and there are going to be times where they F-up, is that the norm? I dont think so. Some people may have got bad customer service and those are the people that bitch the loudest
    GoodMorning John,how are you?
    Just got a reuters update from Vanguard this morning on SXM earnings and it is not good,they are estimating (-.10) for 09 and (-.05) for 2010..don't swee how they get it,especially for 2010.but there it is..
    your right about 2Q subs and other FCF metrics after i saw a break down on GM and CHrysler sub %'s.with those 2 shutting down for weeks or 2 months will kill us short term unless we drastically reduce Churn below 1.7%...

Enthusiast
    05-29-2009, 10:36 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I dont know about that the fact is nothing is perfect and there are going to be times where they F-up, is that the norm? I dont think so. Some people may have got bad customer service and those are the people that bitch the loudest
    Hello to those who posted in response to what I said about "new" people posting horrible reports about Sirius XM. I, too, once had a problem with customer service. Before an internet subscription was offered as a stand alone option, I called customer service and asked if I could just pay the $12.95 a month (or whatever it cost then) without having a radio so that I could just listen on the internet. The guy said hold on, put me on hold for over 5 minutes, and then came back to me and said "no, you can't." I wasn't surprised at the answer. What surprised me was that he did not know the answer to such a basic question and that it took about 5 minutes to get an answer. I thought "Great company, but their customer service people are awful."

We have all had a problem or two (or more) with a company we deal with (just like taking people to a restaurant you like and that night the food or service is not up to par).

The point I was making was that most of us here post gripes here as part of our general comments. We don't start complaining threads with banner headlines of such blanket statements such as "Customer Service is Awful" or "Can't get signal" or "New Radio Doesn't Work." That, apparently, is being done by some people who appear to be new to this board, but obviously are not new. As we all know, there are people in this world who seem to get joy out of being antagonistic. They think it's fun.

I am glad most of us here are intelligent, thoughtful people who try to deal with the good and bad of this company because we want to share and learn about this company and its stock, without acting like a bunch of spoiled, bratty kids.
    Last edited by SteveSirius; 05-29-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 10:41 AM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    did siri mention the iphone app still being released in Q2 or did they avoid that in the meeting. I know there was never a date, but they did say q2 once.
    actually they said by the end of June. From their mouth. Already been submitted to Apple for approval. They wouldnt submit it, if it wasnt going to be approved. Someone before said it can be very quick, or up to 2 weeks for approval.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 10:43 AM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post
    Hello to those who posted in response to what I said about "new" people posting horrible reports about Sirius XM. I, too, once had a problem with customer service. Before an internet subscription was offered as a stand alone option, I called customer service and asked if I could just pay the $12.95 a month (or whatever it cost then) without having a radio so that I could just listen on the internet. The guy said hold on, put me on hold for over 5 minutes, and then came back to me and said "no, you can't." I wasn't surprised at the answer. What surprised me was that he did not know the answer to such a basic question and that it took about 5 minutes to get an answer. I thought "Great company, but their customer service people are awful.

We have all had a problem or two (or more) with a company we deal with (just like taking people to a restaurant you like and that night the food or service is not up to par).

The point I was making was that most of us here post gripes here as part of our general comments. We don't start complaining threads with banner headlines of such blanket statements such as "Customer Service is Awful" or "Can't get signal" or "New Radio Doesn't Work." That, apparently, is being done by some people who appear to be new to this board, but obviously are not new. As we all know, there are people in this world who seem to get joy out of being antagonistic. They think it's fun.

I am glad most of us here are intelligent, thoughtful people who try to deal with the good and bad of this company because we want to share and learn about this company and its stock, without acting like a bunch spoiled, bratty kids.
    Your right in some instances,they are just bashers,but with any subscription based Bussiness model excable) it is tough to have alot of CR's available for 9 mil customers(est) if something goes drastically wrong with service or news(BK)..and they were in the process of merging 2 customer service dept's at the time with layoffs too.not a very friendly environment for workers.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 10:45 AM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    actually they said by the end of June. From their mouth. Already been submitted to Apple for approval. They wouldnt submit it, if it wasnt going to be approved. Someone before said it can be very quick, or up to 2 weeks for approval.
    Hey Relmor,you got dry powder for the SP when it gets into the teens?

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 10:46 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Hey Relmor,you got dry powder for the SP when it gets into the teens?
    LOL. No...
    Im not Brandon....
    Hes crazy on that one.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 10:51 AM #38
    If self pay remain the same or grow, technically they are still growing their base. If iphone app helps with churn, we could see this figure go up. Also, all the self pays that were angry and paying monthly, have already cancelled, and angry about the channel changes already cancelled. Also Q2 is usually better than Q1 for revenue.

Guru
    05-29-2009, 11:11 AM #39
    yeah relmor i am looking at the self pay more than the overall sub count. if we can keep that healthy thats where our base and our income is coming from and thats where we will become profitable to me. we keep that 15 million base. also things are looking good today, i hate to say it butr looking more and more like a new uptrend getting started.
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 05-29-2009 at 11:15 AM.

Guru
    05-29-2009, 11:14 AM #40
    Churn is key.

How about that slide that said subs become profitable after 12 months and 29 months. How many millions of subs did we add 2 years ago...this could be the BOOM BOOM POW.

Page 4 of 22 ... 2345614 ...