Page 3 of 22 1234513 ...
    Guru
    05-29-2009, 09:54 AM #21
    did siri mention the iphone app still being released in Q2 or did they avoid that in the meeting. I know there was never a date, but they did say q2 once.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    05-29-2009, 10:00 AM #22
    Did the extra billion shares get approval? How about the r/s extension?

Never mind, just found it!
    Last edited by Hopeful; 05-29-2009 at 10:03 AM.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 10:02 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    did siri mention the iphone app still being released in Q2 or did they avoid that in the meeting. I know there was never a date, but they did say q2 once.
    They said it was submitted to Apple for approval and definitely by June 30th..
    But i would expect it sooner,June 8th or 9th is my guess..

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 10:03 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    both were approved and they said R/S is a rescue ace in the hole and no plans to implement it currently..

Enthusiast
    05-29-2009, 10:12 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    well i tried to sign in to xm online this morning to find that i finally have to pay the 2.99, so i called xm thinking in the back of my mind i might have one of those so called bad customer service experiences, which i read alot online but have never dealt with myself. so guess what it took a minute to upgrade my account. i have never had one problem with customer service, siri or xm, that includes canceling siri as well awhile back when i got xm in my car. Makes me wonder if these people are being honest when they tell their horror stories bout customer service.
    I have noticed, going back months and months, that invariably when someone complains on this board about "bad customer service", "lack of signal", "device that doesn't work", etc. it is someone who has posted on this board less than a dozen times. Usually the person has posted only about 3 or 4 times. This has happened so many times this past year or so that I take these postings as pure lies, just put here for the purpose of bashing Sirius and/or XM. It is uncanny how this patern keeps creeping up. So, look next time someone posts a new thread with a title which would indicate that things are really terrible with service, signal or device, and, chances are it is a person with a newish log in. Perhaps a lot of this is being done by one person who keeps changing their log in to appear genuine. Sure, problems can happen with any service, and Sirius XM is no exception, but the tendency of "newbies" posting complaints is uncanny.

Guru
    05-29-2009, 10:16 AM #26
    yeah steve your right. i just wish i could understand the logic and reasoning behind these bashers.

Addict
    05-29-2009, 10:17 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post
    I have noticed, going back months and months, that invariably when someone complains on this board about "bad customer service", "lack of signal", "device that doesn't work", etc. it is someone who has posted on this board less than a dozen times. Usually the person has posted only about 3 or 4 times. This has happened so many times this past year or so that I take these postings as pure lies, just put here for the purpose of bashing Sirius and/or XM. It is uncanny how this patern keeps creeping up. So, look next time someone posts a new thread with a title which would indicate that things are really terrible with service, signal or device, and, chances are it is a person with a newish log in. Perhaps a lot of this is being done by one person who keeps changing their log in to appear genuine. Sure, problems can happen with any service, and Sirius XM is no exception, but the tendency of "newbies" posting complaints is uncanny.
    Not a newbie...and....I've said this before: when I called XM service to CANCEL a few accounts because I wasn't using the radios (I was keeping two), I was placed on and off hold several times, adding up to around 30 minutes because the rep kept trying to keep me from canceling, even though I was keeping two subs. ANNOYING as hell. That's fact. Now, as a shareholder with almost 400k shares, I suppose there's a positive side in seeing tenacious service reps trying to hold on to business. But, there's no disputing that these tactics piss off customers. S-XM is not alone in using this tactic. Companies make it easy to sign up via the web, but almost impossible to cancel....like trying to leave the mafia. ANNOYING!

Guru
    05-29-2009, 10:17 AM #28
    Guys what did you expect with the GM bankruptcy news? It all means less subscribers in the end in the short term. People are getting out of the way of what is not going to be a good 2nd quarter report as far as subs go. I do think that will mean a good quarter for FCF and all the rest of the metrics.

05-29-2009, 10:18 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    The shares were approved I believe, and i think that the R/S was as well. However Mel mentioned that there is NO R/S due up at anytime. They feel confident that they will bring SIRI up to a $1 by end of year.

I work for 35 Mill company and we advertise and market our services better than SIRI does. I'm no expert, but between Mel and his counterparts, they must have something big up their sleeve.

They are in a different spot then they were 3-4 years back when competition was simply Terest radio and a few other types of services. Of course they spent most of their time worrying about one another (of course I mean Sirius and XM)

Now that they are ONE, and other services are becoming popular through handhelds or web streaming, they will need to start marketing more and pushing the services.

I'm confident that they will announce some good things soon. Let's look at very basic numbers from someone who has very little knowledge of how this whole thing works.

Lets say there are 20 Million iphones sold. (Give or take). Say 15 Million of them are users who do not have SIRIXM. If even 5% of those users sign up for SIRI when the app comes out then we have another 750,000 new subs. Now let's shave 30% off of that to be more realistic. We are now at say 525,000 new subs.

Not bad for something that costs next to nothing to create. Plus the app store is a free method to get the app out there.

BIG THINGS POPPING

Guru
    05-29-2009, 10:22 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post

I dont know about that the fact is nothing is perfect and there are going to be times where they F-up, is that the norm? I dont think so. Some people may have got bad customer service and those are the people that bitch the loudest

Page 3 of 22 1234513 ...