Page 13 of 22 ... 31112131415 ...
    Mentor
    05-29-2009, 01:55 PM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by debber1212 View Post
    Thanks JohnnyIrish. I've been reading posts here for quote some time now, but joined a few weeks back.

I've owned SIRI back in the day before Stern and made some loot when he signed on. I got back in after the BK was clear. I'm a long with some thoughts that needed to be expressed so I signed up.

Don't know too too much about the market, but I can tell ya that I feel the same way you guys do that this is one day going to be a GREAT company. We just need to some improvements from the management team.
    Debber,we just did improve the MGMT team with Malone,Maffei and Flowers from Liberty..we will see alot different appraoch going forward i believe..

Guru
    05-29-2009, 01:56 PM #122
    http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ock-moves.aspx

fool not bashing for once

yeah charles u got me haha i have a habit of doing that, i gotta stop skimming so much when i read

sorry next time i will read the whole paragraph haha

Head Honcho
    05-29-2009, 01:57 PM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    But remember what is hip and sexy to the young goes out the window when they reach 25 yo,which is not a sub based bussiness model's customer,it is the 25yo to 54 yo market we are after at SXM.you need to be into I-phone's and other distribution channels to cull them as future customers,which we are doing now..
    See, I dont see it as going out the window but it does change. I grew up at the beginning of the video game revolution and now my friends are damn near 30 and still laughing every now and then playing something like wii or guitar hero on xbox, will we still be playing xbox in 30 years? I dont know but there might be some game on some system. My grandfather still likes records and music from when he was a kid. It scares me to think there might be 80 yr old people singing 50 cent lyrics some day.

I want those 15-20yr olds to want Sirius now and when they are 30-50.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 02:00 PM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    You know though relmor, thats just common sense and I did not say to much about it before and that if Mel thinks it is the thing to do, I will go along with it. Then to hear them say in the last CC, what I have said for the longest time about the take rates in the lower end models floored my ass. I mean come on man, that should have been figured out before they started to place a high cost radio in all those OEMs. If they wanted to flood the market then it should happen in a year or 2 when the radios/chipsets/subsidies are real cheap.
    john agree with your premise about select penetration,but remember they were in a sub race with XM and counted promo's as subs,but don't know this as fact,maybe it was only way to get into OEM channell in beginning.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 02:02 PM #125
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    See, I dont see it as going out the window but it does change. I grew up at the beginning of the video game revolution and now my friends are damn near 30 and still laughing every now and then playing something like wii or guitar hero on xbox, will we still be playing xbox in 30 years? I dont know but there might be some game on some system. My grandfather still likes records and music from when he was a kid. It scares me to think there might be 80 yr old people singing 50 cent lyrics some day.

See that is nostalgia,not hip or sexy,there isa a difference..

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 02:03 PM #126
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    john agree with your premise about select penetration,but remember they were in a sub race with XM and counted promo's as subs,but don't know this as fact,maybe it was only way to get into OEM channell in beginning.
    That sounds reasonable Irish. John dont you think this might have been the case? Race to raise their stock price and sell shares, meant sacrificing long term ARPU.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 02:04 PM #127

Charles,i grew up with Atari Pong...

Guru
    05-29-2009, 02:04 PM #128
    I totally agree but, I think people with iphones paying $80+ per month are already driving BMW's, they dont care about the extra $40.

Your right, I said basically the same thing before. The masses are not buying the Iphone and paying 120 a month per phone and at 13 a month satellite radio has got to be for the masses.

Now you say that 30 million Iphones were sold I would like to know how many IPhone users AT&T has, my feeling is it is alot less. I'll bet with each new type that came out many rebought the Iphone, it happens all day long with that type. Just look at Tyler he needs to have every device that plays music that comes down the pike.

Head Honcho
    05-29-2009, 02:05 PM #129
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Funny, I almost went with a thousand...

Ok, consumer product good news...
    How about the Iphone and its effects on SiriusXM. I dont think ive ever heard your take on that, I hear your take on Slacker much more. Now, in your opinion you are worried about Slacker, thats fine. But how about your opinions on the new apps being released, and its #4 Blackberry download ranking for XM app?
    Never heard my take? I have been screaming for this app for 12 months because I think it is super important. How could that have possibly been missed?

Now what do you want me to say? They have taken way to long to get it to market. I cant comment more because I still haven't seen it.

The #4 download rank for blackberry is a good start but isnt Pandora and slacker #1 and #3? They were last time I checked. From what I hear from consumers, they aren't all that thrilled with the limited capabilities of the XM app. This company needs to give people more of an incentive to get these applications to the top of these lists. Its going to be damn impossible to pass the likes of slacker and pandora in the iphone app store but it is essential IMO. I would like to see them bleed money to get to that #1 spot because that spot is infectious.

Did you guys know that 10x more people click a top listing in google then the #2 spot and 100x more then the #3 spot? Imagine 10,000 vs 1000 vs 100. Not a spot you want to be in.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 02:08 PM #130
    Never heard my take? I have been screaming for this app for 12 months because I think it is super important. How could that have possibly been missed?

Now what do you want me to say? They have taken way to long to get it to market. I cant comment more because I still haven't seen it.

The #4 download rank for blackberry is a good start but isnt Pandora and slacker #1 and #3? They were last time I checked. From what I hear from consumers, they aren't all that thrilled with the limited capabilities of the XM app. This company needs to give people more of an incentive to get these applications to the top of these lists. Its going to be damn impossible to pass the likes of slacker and pandora in the iphone app store but it is essential IMO. I would like to see them bleed money to get to that #1 spot because that spot is infectious.

Did you guys know that 10x more people click a top listing in google then the #2 spot and 100x more then the #3 spot? Imagine 10,000 vs 1000 vs 100. Not a spot you want to be in.
    They be #1 if it were free.

Page 13 of 22 ... 31112131415 ...