Page 12 of 22 ... 21011121314 ...
    05-29-2009, 01:39 PM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Debber,nice info,don't think i welcomed you here to the Buzz,,so here is my welcome and nice to have you here with your insite.
    Thanks JohnnyIrish. I've been reading posts here for quote some time now, but joined a few weeks back.

I've owned SIRI back in the day before Stern and made some loot when he signed on. I got back in after the BK was clear. I'm a long with some thoughts that needed to be expressed so I signed up.

Don't know too too much about the market, but I can tell ya that I feel the same way you guys do that this is one day going to be a GREAT company. We just need to some improvements from the management team.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 01:40 PM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Charles, theres a reason I have always said penitration went up to high to fast into those lower end models. I knew the masses could not and would not pay for it, at the high cost SIRI/XMSR where paying for it at the time. Theres a reason BMW has just over 70% take rate and the other lower end models are lucky to get 30% take rate. So while you may say 40 dollars is no big deal the reallity is it is, 13 dollars is to the people (the masses) buying the lower end models.
    Why SiriusXM realizing this after they get back years of numbers, can now start target placing radios in specific models. This will greatly improve their SAC and churn. Im very excited about this new OEM marketing strategy.

Head Honcho
    05-29-2009, 01:40 PM #113
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Charles,how many of those phones are bussiness related and paid or subsidized by said bussiness's?

alot of my friends have the
    Blackberries and I-Phones,but strickly to keep in touch with work for e-mail and texting,when done work they hate touching them.
    I agree with your point but, of the people I know... zero. My friends are just out of school and none have the kind of jobs that get you a free balckberry. I have teenage cousins that are on their phones ALL DAY and those certainly aren't subsidized.

I am the kind of guy that keeps the same damn cellphone for 5 years but I just dont think that is common. Look at the upgrade offers and how busy cellphone stores are. Having a top of the line cellphone has become a status symbol.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-29-2009, 01:45 PM #114
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Personal little fun bet I had with myself. I KNEW you would say that. Im ready. Your so predictable.
    1. S and P credit upgrade.
    2. Auto sales upgrade by GS.
    3. Options priced above current market value.
    4. Gm contract restructuring.
    I have a hundred more...
    Should I continue?
    Raising EBITA estimates.
    Iphone app.
    Being #4 most downloaded app on the Blackberry.
    I am predictable? I knew that you going to not only post a list but say "I have a hundred more", I actually thought you would say 1k but, I was close enough. Now yes please, give me the full list.

Which one of those did Tyler not report on? I cover the consumer side so all of those things that benefit shareholders don't mean all that much to me. As a consumer (which is who I care about) what good news have they had? You cant say I didnt cover EBITA because I have never covered EBITA, its not my expertise.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-29-2009, 01:48 PM #115
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Charles, theres a reason I have always said penitration went up to high to fast into those lower end models. I knew the masses could not and would not pay for it, at the high cost SIRI/XMSR where paying for it at the time. Theres a reason BMW has just over 70% take rate and the other lower end models are lucky to get 30% take rate. So while you may say 40 dollars is no big deal the reallity is it is, 13 dollars is to the people (the masses) buying the lower end models.
    I totally agree but, I think people with iphones paying $80+ per month are already driving BMW's, they dont care about the extra $40.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-29-2009, 01:48 PM #116
    you and tyler are the same person? i didnt know that, see i dont see good things ever coming from YOU and i dont consider tyler to be YOU.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 01:51 PM #117
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I agree with your point but, of the people I know... zero. My friends are just out of school and none have the kind of jobs that get you a free balckberry. I have teenage cousins that are on their phones ALL DAY and those certainly aren't subsidized.

I am the kind of guy that keeps the same damn cellphone for 5 years but I just dont think that is common. Look at the upgrade offers and how busy cellphone stores are. Having a top of the line cellphone has become a status symbol.
    Charles agree about people upgrading constantly and it being a cool thing,but my nieces and nephews who are in the 15yo to 22yo range don't even use the dcell to call,it's all texting now with $15 month unlimited plan.
    But remember what is hip and sexy to the young goes out the window when they reach 25 yo,which is not a sub based bussiness model's customer,it is the 25yo to 54 yo market we are after at SXM.you need to be into I-phone's and other distribution channels to cull them as future customers,which we are doing now..

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 01:52 PM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I am predictable? I knew that you going to not only post a list but say "I have a hundred more", I actually thought you would say 1k but, I was close enough. Now yes please, give me the full list.

Which one of those did Tyler not report on? I cover the consumer side so all of those things that benefit shareholders don't mean all that much to me. As a consumer (which is who I care about) what good news have they had? You cant say I didnt cover EBITA because I have never covered EBITA, its not my expertise.
    Funny, I almost went with a thousand...

Ok, consumer product good news...
    How about the Iphone and its effects on SiriusXM. I dont think ive ever heard your take on that, I hear your take on Slacker much more. Now, in your opinion you are worried about Slacker, thats fine. But how about your opinions on the new apps being released, and its #4 Blackberry download ranking for XM app?

Guru
    05-29-2009, 01:52 PM #119
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Why SiriusXM realizing this after they get back years of numbers, can now start target placing radios in specific models. This will greatly improve their SAC and churn. Im very excited about this new OEM marketing strategy.

You know though relmor, thats just common sense and I did not say to much about it before and that if Mel thinks it is the thing to do, I will go along with it. Then to hear them say in the last CC, what I have said for the longest time about the take rates in the lower end models floored my ass. I mean come on man, that should have been figured out before they started to place a high cost radio in all those OEMs. If they wanted to flood the market then it should happen in a year or 2 when the radios/chipsets/subsidies are real cheap.

Head Honcho
    05-29-2009, 01:52 PM #120
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    you and tyler are the same person? i didnt know that, see i dont see good things ever coming from YOU and i dont consider tyler to be YOU.
    What does that mean?

Like I said above, I dont cover that stuff, so why would I mention EBITA when 1. its not my cup of tea and 2. when Tyler has already covered it? I have said plenty of positive things in the past week but, from the consumer side of things its always more bad news. Now another price increase? I will report it and people will say that all I do is report bad news, thats just how it works around here

I am not even sure what point you were trying to make but I just went with it. Maybe you didn't read my whole post.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 12 of 22 ... 21011121314 ...