Page 7 of 22 ... 5678917 ...
    Guru
    05-29-2009, 12:33 PM #61
    charles go to the slacker thread plz, you and ur 3g, okay wehn i find somebody using 3g to listen to music in their car i will let u know. now u sound like that nut cross dresser.

Addict
    05-29-2009, 12:34 PM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    This is what worries me, now the media is spreading the word about what I have been saying for months, you can stream 3g internet radio right to your cars speeakers. This is bad for Sirius XM.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052900753.html
    I read that article too. I don't buy it. Did you catch the phrase about using some kind of adapter into his tape player or something? The point is, besides not having the content of S-XM, using internet radio in a car is klunky. I don't care how you can make it work...you have to MAKE IT WORK! Many people find that stuff a royal pain in the ass!!! Certainly, baby boomers (have the $) don't like fooling with this crap....just like turning sh$t on. And, no way the cell companies are going to sit by and allow the free riding internet services to suck up all their bandwidth for free. That bunch of chickens will be coming home to roost soon. S-XM won't have that constraint, other than iPhone, but that's fine because they will be in the same boat with all the weak internet radio companies there.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP ASSUMING INTERNET RADIO SERVICE IS FREE OR WILL BE FREE. NOTHING IS EVER FREE!!! (for long, anyway).
    Last edited by underway; 05-29-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 12:37 PM #63
    Charles,what makes you think that Cell phones and smart phones will even be around in 10 years?most states and communities are banning hand helds in cars while driving and with ON-STAR model tied to hands free in the radio with Satrad may be a bigger new evolution.Not to mention the Health issues being raised about Cell phones and tumors..

Guru
    05-29-2009, 12:38 PM #64
    looking good right now, broke .32 buying is rampant. plus the btls show is ****ing great today. DEAD BABY

Addict
    05-29-2009, 12:39 PM #65
    wow! SIRI is in the green!!! awesome....

Head Honcho
    05-29-2009, 12:39 PM #66
    Are you serious? A half dozen of my friends stream to their cars today. Todd from nicemac had the starplyr doing it on his iPhone and posted about it. I come here and drop of relevant pieces of news and I would just go away quitely after do so but I can not let these misconceptions be posted like fact. PEOPLE ARE STREAMING INTERNET RADIO TO THEIR CARS and one of my friends TO HIS MOTORCYCLE.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-29-2009, 12:41 PM #67
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    The point is, besides not having the content of S-XM, using internet radio in a car is klunky. I don't care how you can make it work...you have to MAKE IT WORK!
    For most its as simple as plugging the iphone into the front aux jack on the receive which is now common in just about all new aftermarket receivers. The one in my Jeep is 5 years old and it has one. It is not brain surgery, its far easier then hooking up an aftermarket Sirius or XM receiver.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    05-29-2009, 12:42 PM #68
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    wow! SIRI is in the green!!! awesome....
    Not only is SIRI now in the green, but it's at the same time (and on a Friday) that GM is trading at 88 cents!

Guru
    05-29-2009, 12:44 PM #69
    well heres a piece of news for you charles, bandwidth is drying up, in 2 years trhings are going to start slowing down. if every body started streaming music to their phones in their cars like dumbshit cause it just sounds stupid as all hell to me then that would use up alot of bandwidth. which of course would eventually cause even more problems then we are already facing. so your telling me the signal is as clear as sat's and can go anywhere without dropouts or signal degradation

Guru
    05-29-2009, 12:46 PM #70
    i just dont think its going to ever become main stream. but okay we got your point charles can we move off the all this is bad for siri crap. we heard you, and we understand your view.

Page 7 of 22 ... 5678917 ...