Page 1 of 2 12
    05-28-2009, 05:21 PM #1

Where is Eminem's SiriusXM promotion of Shade 45?

I recently read a comment from an article on Seeking Alpha, where the poster stated that Eminem had been on Jimmy Kimmel Live promoting his upcoming album, Relapse. The poster claims Eminem never mentions Shade 45 or SiriusXM in the interview with Kimmel. I viewed the video to verify if it were true. Yep, Eminem, through Jimmy Kimmel, promotes two upcoming movies and his upcoming album, but no mention of his channel on SiriusXM. The interview is about 10 1/2 minutes. You can view the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYMk1LItfRw

Em, later in the show, also sings a song from the new album. Again, no mention of Shade 45 or SiriusXM.

Now, I know SiriusXM, through their website is promoting Eminem's upcoming album, and even states, "May is the month of Marshall".
    http://www.sirius.com/shade45
    But, where is his promotion of his channel especially when these rare opportunities arrive? He can't have Kimmel take 5 seconds to tell the audience about his channel or mention it himself?

Head Honcho
    05-28-2009, 06:31 PM #2
    There are a lot of these figureheads that don't ever mention the company and it drives me nuts but, there must be a reason...right? Maybe Sirius XM doesnt pay them jack? Howard, Artie, and Jay Thomas always mention it so, it bugs me even more when I see these other guys not throwing the company a bone.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-28-2009, 09:26 PM #3
    It would have been simple to mention the 3 hour interview and album intro that he did on his very own sirius xm channel.

The only thing that stops these kind of things are contractual. Which party is only a guess. Eminem stands to make money if sirius does well especially if his channel gains popularity...how could he not want that? If he feels he isn't being paid to advertise, still, it would benefit his album sales.

what a wild idea it is, SXM told him not to mention the channel...which makes no sense either....

So the Third party would be Kimmels show or the company that owns the show...which is CBS correct? and CBS has its own radio.

quick research shows that artie didn't mention sirius either on kimmels cbs show http://siriusbuzz.com/artie-lange-on-jimmy-kimmel.php

which then leads to Oprah, she never mentions sirius either..why, because she is on CBS.

05-28-2009, 09:37 PM #4

Other celebrities promoting SiriusXM

Romo,

please view the first 15 seconds of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLEnADEVg4w

Your CBS theory is inaccurate. Besides, Howard Stern for 2 or 3 years went on David Letterman's show, which is broadcast on CBS, and promoted his show.

Guru
    05-28-2009, 09:49 PM #5
    LOL, got me. Thanks.

Guru
    05-28-2009, 09:51 PM #6
    ok, still watching, but being that his main source of popularity is the howard show on sirius i wouldn't expect it not to come up at least and so far it was just the intro of "this guy is from sirius"

Guru
    05-28-2009, 10:03 PM #7
    ok, im still sticking to the theory, it was once, and kimmel probably got fined.

05-28-2009, 10:17 PM #8
    Romo,

I think you may be missing my point. Since a plug is a free piece of marketing, any opportunity to plant a seed in millions of viewers heads, needs to be taken.

You are only going to get a few seconds to plug your show with talk show hosts. Talk show hosts don't want you to plug shows for the entire interview. Even Howard Stern told stories and anecdotes when he appeared on Letterman. It was not HS saying, "Listen to me on SiriusXM" for the entire interview. He got a plug at the beginning and at the end of the interview. And even though Kimmel only mentions Artie Lange's show by saying "Every morning on the Howard Stern show on Sirius radio", it was worth tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in free television advertising.

I just feel Eminem should promote his channel to the millions of viewers that are watching. It can only help him and the company at the same time.
    Last edited by Jeffw6864; 05-28-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: grammar

Guru
    05-28-2009, 10:32 PM #9
    I think if CBS didn't let eminem mention his channel he should have anyway...

My point is that it would benefit sxm and eminem, so it had to be the kimmel producers or cbs execs that said "you can promote this...but not sirius"

it just all seems odd that Oprah doesn't mention her sxm channel on her own tv show(or so ive heard)

People are nuts for oprah...if they knew they could get her content while driving to work it would explode.

Page 1 of 2 12