Page 1 of 2 12
    12-28-2008, 04:44 PM #1

Stiletto 2 not recording

I just want to know if anyone else is have the same problem, I can’t record a song with the one touch recording. It brings up a schedule recording. It all happened when Sirius/XM came together Nov ? 2008, I called Sirius and they sent me out a new unit and still the same problem, I called again and talked to someone there saying that it’s a known issue and there trying to resolve with a new update as the songs from XM are not coded correctly and the Stiletto cant record, It will record 1 out of 10 songs I try to record. Please let me know if you’re also having this issue

Banned
    12-28-2008, 05:41 PM #2
    It may just be the station you are listening to. I recorded 2 songs from SH1 on my Stiletto this week without any issues. If you are having trouble recording on your station, thy another and see if the same thing is happening. Good luck.

12-29-2008, 12:23 PM #3
    Hi Slavin! Go into your Settings and then under Device and check your memory. You may simply have filled up the allotted space allowed for Loved Songs! It's also very easy to record them off of your SL2 with a Vista PC and convert them into mp3 files so you can clear the space and start loving some more

02-07-2009, 07:15 PM #4
    I'm surprise there have not been more comments on this problem. It appears that after the November update, Stiletto 2 users, including myself, were no longer able to record stations that we previously had been recording. Included in this list is the Blues and the Jazz stations.
    Sirius support has confirmed this to be a problem and as recently as this week they still don't have a target date for when they expect this problem to be resolved!

Given that the sole purpose I purchased this unit was to record these stations at night for play back in the office during the day, I have decided to place my account in an inactive status until Sirius can resolve this problem.

02-08-2009, 01:06 PM #5
    It's unfortunate that the channels you enjoy most are the ones effected. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon and your choosing to suspend your account is a good call. You can also shoot them a complaint by filling out THIS FORM. Maybe they can offer you a discount for each month the issue is not resolved so that you could at least continue to enjoy listening to live radio. It certainly couldn't hurt to ask for it!

Banned
    02-08-2009, 08:57 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gil View Post
    I'm surprise there have not been more comments on this problem. It appears that after the November update, Stiletto 2 users, including myself, were no longer able to record stations that we previously had been recording. Included in this list is the Blues and the Jazz stations.
    Sirius support has confirmed this to be a problem and as recently as this week they still don't have a target date for when they expect this problem to be resolved!

Given that the sole purpose I purchased this unit was to record these stations at night for play back in the office during the day, I have decided to place my account in an inactive status until Sirius can resolve this problem.
    What channels were affected? I have not seen any issues with recording on my Stiletto 2.

02-09-2009, 12:42 PM #7
    Does this also apply to Stiletto 100?? I've been having probs recording but I just assumed it was "me". Mine WILL record individual songs but does not seem to be picking up any scheduled recordings, so not quite the same problem, but similar. I did delete all my loved songs from memory so I don't believe this is a memory issue - I should be able to get more into an ST100 than one 4-hour radio show, yes??

02-11-2009, 01:44 PM #8

Having same issue

I have a starmate 4 radio. I too cannot save any of my favoritte songs via the memo button on alot of stations. I've called numerous times but nobody cares. If there were some type of compatition out there I'm sure they'd fix the issue right away. This sucks.

02-27-2009, 11:01 AM #9
    just started having problems 3 days ago. my unit is 1 year old. i have been recording 3 hours of Stern every morning to replay back on my commute home.

- start recording for 3 hours, it stops after a couple of minutes.
    - if in the library it says one of the recordings is 6 minutes long, when i go to play it it stops after 45 seconds.
    - i went to keep some of those bad recordings as proof of a problem, and then the next day my entire library was deleted.

Enthusiast
    02-27-2009, 02:38 PM #10
    I've had a Stiletto2 for over a year and have never had XM. My unit always behaved this way, when I would record Howard or another show for listening later.. The only music I occasionally rcord is the 40s channel and I agree it is a pain when you try to record a song. I wish there was a way to take the recorded stream and edit out on either side of the one I wanted.

As for losing your library, I have also encountered this as well. It only gets worse and you have to reinstall the software and start over again, which sucks because the Stiletto2 seems to take forever to upload to compared to an iPod. However, I still love my Stiletto2!

Page 1 of 2 12