Page 4 of 9 ... 23456 ...
    05-27-2009, 11:07 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by xitvp View Post
    Now that's good news for the SP.....!

Let's see if he'll have the same effect as last time....
    Why did he really have a good effect last time, or are you being sarcastic?

Guru
    05-27-2009, 11:19 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by stkdn View Post
    Whats with this Stock? It is just flat for too long. Come on.I think we all know that this stock should be moving in a different direction. This is yet another disappointing day.
    It is basing for a breakout against resistance. How's that for technical lingo?

Honestly, SIRI is sucking wind. Expect the 20's soon. We longs are holding dead money. Maybe after several quarterly profits will SIRI see a whole dollar selling price.

Guru
    05-27-2009, 11:21 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    Thought I would ask for someone to shed some light on the stock options that were awarded on 5/19.

There are 5 officers that were awarded stock options (someone else had mentioned these were options that Mel did not exercise) and all 5 people sold 10% of the options on 5/20. Is this 10% a limit that could be sold or did they all do it to cover taxes or fees?
    Can someone answer this? I saw this news referenced somewhere with the word "questionable" in the sentence. It clearly wasn't taken as a positive. I'd like to know more as well.

Mentor
    05-27-2009, 11:32 AM #34
    JMHO-Going by just the slide show and not knowing what was said,i saw some good news.SXM entered into agreements with several CPO's(Certified Pre Owned) auto companies at greatly reduced cost structure to add SATRAD's to used cars and have 2 more deals coming.

They obviously intend to avail themselves of Facebook,Youtube,Twitter and my space to advertise SXM and promote to the hip and young crowd.

Expenses are down and continuing to go down yearly,also with no debt per se and no Satelite CAPEX in 2010 and 2011 and 2012,we should be very FCF positive and 2013 debt should be taken care of easily bwith cash.This depends on OEM pentration rate improving smartly and Churn be attacked to help conversion rate of 53% and Autos doing a modest 13mil cars a year.

Also they are starting to break out sub numbers to show Best of,on-line and family package along with ala carte.(about time)
    Next we need self pay and promo,which they did last CC.

Now the reason for SP being where it is,simple,3 most crucial components of SXM growth are OEM,Churn and Debt.All are terrible now and is main reason.
    That is my take from slide show,now lets see what analysts and board say.

Enthusiast
    05-27-2009, 11:33 AM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by debber1212 View Post
    Why did he really have a good effect last time, or are you being sarcastic?
    Not being sarcastic. Last time he was on, he said some very positive things about SIRI and the SP went up a bit.....

Everyone was calling for him to supplant Mel as CEO on these boards.

Mentor
    05-27-2009, 11:39 AM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by xitvp View Post
    Not being sarcastic. Last time he was on, he said some very positive things about SIRI and the SP went up a bit.....

Everyone was calling for him to supplant Mel as CEO on these boards.
    I would support that. Probably going to happen at some point. If not Malone, than someone Malone trusts. Liberty probably has more power to move the price than SiriusXM right now, after the Iphone news, and before the next CC.

Mentor
    05-27-2009, 11:42 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Can someone answer this? I saw this news referenced somewhere with the word "questionable" in the sentence. It clearly wasn't taken as a positive. I'd like to know more as well.
    SXM issued 148mil for stock plan to give some to the 5 officers as a bonus instead of cash for year end 08,they talked about this end of year.it is common to reward officers with cash bonus's,now the shares were issued and each officer filed a 105b-1 sell filing of intent to sell those shares in a predetermined time frame so as to avoid appearence of selling before bad or good news to the street to not react badly.in the filing it states the exact dates of the sale in 20 tranches(bllocks) about every 2 weeks until March 2010..they want the cash as would i and they may not sell it all..

Enthusiast
    05-27-2009, 11:42 AM #38
    many claim its a payment in kind or in lieu of using cash, but note the type of shares they are getting it strikes me as something deeper and was done to protect this groups interest going forward when this company changes hands again...

after all this time they get on board with promoting content and the services via social networks but only in a very small fashion this effort should have been being built all along.

what was in the slide show was next to nothing new and i think many of the claimed savings are a function of the direct collapse of the auto sales/build rates which would also result in a higher penetration rate across the balance of the auto base.

at least they added some information on the used car market picking up a couple more brands.

Guru
    05-27-2009, 11:43 AM #39
    actually it was greg maffei who was on last time, this would be malones first tv interview since the deal, and hopefully he talks about sirius.

Guru
    05-27-2009, 11:47 AM #40
    you know this stocks has to break here soon, either up or down, im betting up. any1 who thinks the 20's are likely have got to be kidding, they are possible, but not likely, no reason to see the 20's, we have had a post bk scare pullback before and the price went into the .30's and then consolidated which is most likely what is being done this time ecxept if it holds .34 its actually consolidating higher. so stop freaking out and being so negative.

Page 4 of 9 ... 23456 ...