Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    Mentor
    05-26-2009, 03:26 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    I will have to go back and look. I know JohnnyIrishXM was one of the people arguing that GM wouldn't go bankrupt. I thought you were the other.
    I will have to check. Sorry if I got it wrong.
    Anyone else want to own up before I do a search later in the evening?
    well, it depends on when i said it. New information everyday. I still say its up in the air.

Mentor
    05-26-2009, 03:50 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    I will have to go back and look. I know JohnnyIrishXM was one of the people arguing that GM wouldn't go bankrupt. I thought you were the other.
    I will have to check. Sorry if I got it wrong.
    Anyone else want to own up before I do a search later in the evening?
    That would be correct and still sticking to it,but the odds have switched to your favor...also it won't be the BK you thought it was going to be,thank the Gov't for that...

Addict
    05-26-2009, 07:57 PM #33
    Johnny, it is exactly the kind of bankruptcy that i invisioned. I dont know where you got the idea that it wasnt. I argued it was going to go along the
    lines of the Chrysler bankruptcy (rushed thru) with the bondholders being
    the ones who were the holdouts. Anyway lets see how it plays out.

Guru
    05-26-2009, 08:52 PM #34
    I read an article that said the BK would be a relief and that the market will respond positively...kind of like everything has been held down in case of BK and now if it really does than we are on the road to recovery...thoughts?

I imagine this is not good but i can see the reasoning

05-26-2009, 09:04 PM #35
    Motely Fool article mention about SIRI that last week insiders sold shares.
    Any bad news expected?

05-26-2009, 11:23 PM #36
    I am afraid the bad news is all the competition, NAB,Slacker,Pandorra and now Worldspace. It looks like we , the ship , is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Far Away View Post
    Motely Fool article mention about SIRI that last week insiders sold shares.
    Any bad news expected?

Guru
    05-27-2009, 12:53 AM #37
    insiders are not selling anymore than they probably have to pay for the taxes they owe for having the stock. get a clue. ship going down? this may not be the best times for siri stock but i think thats a bit of a over exaggeration
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 05-27-2009 at 12:56 AM.

Guru
    05-27-2009, 01:36 AM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    insiders are not selling anymore than they probably have to pay for the taxes they owe for having the stock. get a clue. ship going down? this may not be the best times for siri stock but i think thats a bit of a over exaggeration
    Tripps -

As you all ready know...there is nothing to get excited about or it would be out all ready...Are people really expecting a vision?

Mentor
    05-27-2009, 02:24 AM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I am afraid the bad news is all the competition, NAB,Slacker,Pandorra and now Worldspace. It looks like we , the ship , is going down.
    Ship is going up. Ship is fine. Your a fearmonger. Why? Because your example is they sold shares(bonus money, never should have been shares).
    Way to protect Cash On Hand.
    NAB is seeing its final days of influence. Worldspace is not a competitor, they have agreements in other countries. Pandora is a joke, and Slacker... Well, i think theres a thread around here somewhere that covers that.
    Nice try.

Enthusiast
    05-27-2009, 04:51 AM #40

first up today siriusxm share holder meeting.

then we have this just after the close today. not that i think anything new will be offerd by liberty. but i think the subject does come up.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Liberty Media Corporation (NASDAQ: LCAPA) (NASDAQ: LCAPB) (NASDAQ: LINTA) (NASDAQ: LINTB) (NASDAQ: LMDIA) (NASDAQ: LMDIB) announced that Greg Maffei, President and CEO of Liberty Media Corporation, will be presenting at the Barclays Capital Worldwide Wireless and Wireline Conference, on Wednesday, May 27th at 4:15 pm, Eastern Time at the Crowne Plaza Times Square, New York, NY. During his presentation, Mr. Maffei may make observations regarding the company's financial performance, outlook, the previously announced proposed split-off of a majority of the assets and liabilities currently attributed to the Liberty Entertainment group tracking stock and the related business combination with DIRECTV.

In addition, the presentation will be broadcast live via the Internet. All interested persons should visit the Liberty Media Corporation website at http://www.libertymedia.com/investor...ns/default.htm to register for the webcast. An archive of the webcast will also be available on this website for 30 days.

Page 4 of 4 ... 234