Guru
    05-25-2009, 09:31 PM #1

The Heat

Anyone notice "The Heat" logo changed to blue from red? Must be trying to appeal to a different crowd.

And....I also did not know they had their own mix shows...Grandmaster Flash has a Friday night fire show thats worth catching...

05-27-2009, 11:38 AM #2
    Yeah, I caught some of Grandmaster Flash's show last week. I thought he was on Backspin, but I guess not. The Heat's website has their genre's listed as- Crossover, Hip-Hop, Rhythmic Hits, Reggaeton, R&B. Don't know if any of that is different that their genre's prior, because I dont listen to The Heat much.

Guru
    05-27-2009, 12:44 PM #3
    i don't listen to it anymore since the channel merge, its too softcore hip hop. But the Flash show sounded alright, though it was still softcore.

05-29-2009, 11:17 AM #4
    Yesterday The Heat played T.I. "Big Things Poppin". Now, I like this song, but it just shows me how off the programmer's are when it comes to all of the stations. That song should be a HHN song their's nothing R&B to it. I know Heat list one of their genere's as hip hop but why? HHN has R&B listed as one of their genre's, again why? The crossover makes no sense, I thought the reason we had seperate stations was so we could pick what we want to hear..they dont seem to get it.

Guru
    05-30-2009, 07:37 AM #5
    You have to look at the Heat as the "FM" station so to speak of Hip hop on SXM. They play the whole range, and it is the censored versions of songs because it is part of the family package.

HHN hasn't played R&B since the Channel merger, and God help us they never do again. They should change the description.

Also, I gave Flash Friday night Fire a chance last night and it was quite good. It was the teen equivilant of the HHN and Shade 45 DJ mixx shows. No disrespect to Flash its just that is not an XL channel so its expected.

Grandmaster Flash puts on a good mixx show.