Page 1 of 12 12311 ...
    Enthusiast
    Joined: May 2009 Location: In the nether regions of the ethernet Posts: 147
    05-17-2009, 09:43 PM #1

Daily Market Watch - Week of 5/17/2009

Hello Everyone,

A new week is about to start and I am ready to do battle.

Bill, your info on the Black Liquor was outstanding and just makes me feel even better about my SSCCQ shares.

I also am still enjoying the information about dry bulk carriers. I am really going to keep an eye on OCNF.

I encourage everyone to take a look at HIMX, they are down quite a bit and I think they are a great buy right now.

Himax Technologies, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, and marketing of semiconductors that are used as components of flat panel displays. Its principal products include display drivers for large-sized thin film transistor liquid crystal display panels, which are used in desktop monitors, notebook computers, and televisions; and display drivers for small- and medium-sized thin film transistor liquid crystal display panels for mobile handsets and consumer electronics products, such as digital cameras, mobile gaming devices, and car navigation displays.

They have done well through superior inventory management. They have very low debt and a great deal of capital.

Tomorrow they are due to release their Q1 results which look to be good.

Also look at their charts . . . they look as though they are following a slightly upward channel and they are currently at the bottom of this channel.

Anyone else please give your thoughts as I am only somewhat intelligent.

Good Hunting tomorrow.

Guru
    05-17-2009, 11:07 PM #2

Himx

Hey Magician -

HIMX looks really good! That is a pretty dandy stock. Great pick!

I actually have to go do some work tomorrow, so I won't be around except very early morning and then possibly the early afternoon.

It would be great if somebody would call Smurfit - Stone Container's investor relations on Monday morning and find out just what is going on. Anybody....

I would be interested to know what will happen upon closure of bankruptcy if our stock will still be good as sscc stock was before.

Also, I would like to know if they have any intentions of issuing a .v stock.

How long do they plan on being in bankruptcy

and any other questions that you guys can think of.

I would do it again, but I will be busy tomorrow and I think that the more information that we can find out, the better off we would be.

Nothing bad can come from inquiring.

Their number is: 877-264-9638

If somebody has the energy, then that would be really appreciated.

Enthusiast
    05-17-2009, 11:18 PM #3

Himx

I agree....HIMX is a good find.

I may try and pick some up tomorrow before they announce the fin's.

Guru
    05-17-2009, 11:21 PM #4

Ftch

FTCH looks good....they make men's and women's underwear in Central America.

IXEH is a sweet looking deal

GWGI is prime.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions........

Making up my mind is the hardest part.

Enthusiast
    05-17-2009, 11:35 PM #5

Behl

Anyone have thoughts on BEHL for this week?

I'm with you Bill...Many options to consider. It's tough to pull the trigger sometimes.

Enthusiast
    05-17-2009, 11:47 PM #6

Himx

Not too crazy about the Motley Fools...but I just noticed HIMX received a five star CAPS Rating.

Guru
    05-18-2009, 12:16 AM #7

Motley Fools

I can't stand them, lol! I won't even go on their pages so they don't get paid for me clicking through.

Americanbulls.com
    stoxline.com
    ockhamresearch.com
    stockconsultant.com
    investorshub.com

those are good sources right off of the top of my head......any other ones guys?
    Last edited by billhart22; 05-18-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Guru
    05-18-2009, 12:35 AM #8

Egt

EGT keeps flowing through my mind. I put in 2K @ .11 I will get that sucker yet! And cheap. I almost scored it Friday @.12 in AH. I do not like chasing stocks and refuse to do so (part of my cantankerous old age). Cheap stock prices are part of my entitlement, just like social security and medicare. A can of good dog food and a hand full of good cheap stocks...what more could a guy ask for?

The market is moving down slowly....I went to cash early last week, because I felt it was time, except for SSCCQ.

It is going to have to take a dip imo before it can spring back up. I am not all that swift, so don't listen to me, but that is my gut feeling. It is hard for the market to take off without its feet on the ground. I have got caught with my shorts down before, so don't listen to me.

Tomorrow may be a land mark day, setting an all time record. That would be my luck.

05-18-2009, 08:36 AM #9

ssccq

(ssccq) good news

[url]http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/index.ssf?/base/national-16/1242513724285810.xml&storylist=newsmichigan[/url

:bpura@smurfit.com this is the guy to email about common shares of smurfit
    first name brian...
    Last edited by ray; 05-18-2009 at 10:45 AM.

Enthusiast
    05-18-2009, 09:36 AM #10

Himax

Just bought some HIMAX....Might throw just a couple hundred at BEHL...

Wish me luck.....

Page 1 of 12 12311 ...