05-23-2009, 04:31 PM #1

New SiriusXM internet channels

With the iPhone app launch imminent, I recently noticed 11 new channels for internet listening. Did you catch this?

SIR-10 Limited Engagements Music Pop
    SIR-11 SIRIUS XM Sports Nation 2 Sport
    SIR-12 SIRIUS XM Bootlegs Music Rock
    SIR-13 SIRIUS XM Music Showcase Music Rock
    SIR-14 SIRIUS XM Comedy Showcase Entertainment
    SIR-15 SIRIUS XM Talk Showcase News/Talk Political Talk
    SIR-16 America Right News/Talk Political Talk
    SIR-17 America Left News/Talk Political Talk
    SIR-18 C-SPAN News/Talk Public Radio
    SIR-19 The Power News/Talk Political Talk
    SIR-20 Public Radio Exchange News/Talk

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...=1218563499691

Head Honcho
    05-23-2009, 05:27 PM #2
    I did but, personally I wasn't excited about any of the channels. Does anyone think any of these are big wins? That's cool of others are happy. I was under the impression that the good stuff (high rated channels) were already all available online.

I was excited when they finally got Howard online after months of having to fiddle with perfectly positioning an antenna out of college apartment which didn't face in the right direction but that was long ago.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-24-2009, 11:02 AM #3
    Where did these channels come from? Are they on the satellite service?

Guru
    05-24-2009, 11:08 AM #4
    Is ala carte gold a new package? I found it here http://www.sirius.com/packages/alacartegold That is quite interesting that it says

With the A La Carte Gold package, you can create your own personalized package of 100 channels from the full SIRIUS` lineup, plus some of the hottest channels from XM for $14.99 / month. Requires an A La Carte-capable SIRIUS radio. This package does not include online listening with SIRIUS Internet Radio.

There are no extra charges for Premium channels, Howard Stern or live games and races from the NFL, NASCAR, college sports and more.

211-220 XM Play-by-Play sports [XM]
    Various SIRIUS Play-by-Play sports *
    (counts as 25 channels)
    I guess the catch is you only get 100 channels but you can choose some of the Best of XM channels at no extra cost.

*If you choose SIRIUS Sports Play-by-Play as part of you’re a La Carte package, you will receive additional channels that occasionally carry Play-By-Play Sports. We are providing you with these channels at no additional cost, to ensure you receive all the sports programming to which you are entitled.
    I think SXM is becoming friendlier???

05-25-2009, 09:33 AM #5

National Memorial Day Concert on PBS

Last night (Sunday) while surfing my cable TV system, I fortuitously came upon this PBS special. Co-hosted by Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna, with speeches and readings from Gen. Colin Powell and hollywood celebrities, and music ranging from The National Symphony Orchestra, Armed Services Bands, pianists, contemporary and country singers, this was an inspirational and touching tribute to our nation's severely wounded and fallen veterans. See lineup here:
    http://www.pbs.org/memorialdayconcer...erformers.html

I was glad to be able to see the performance and tribute on television. But I believe that if one doesn't have the ability to view it on TV, it would be just as inspirational and moving listening to it on satellite radio.

Perhaps for future broadcasts, SiriusXM could purchase the rights to broadcast it and place it on their SIR-20 Public Radio Exchange internet channel and on their satellite system somewhere.

Just a programming suggestion for the powers at SiriusXM from one of the millions of (unpaid free consultants satellite minions.