Page 16 of 16 ... 6141516
    Mentor
    05-29-2009, 10:36 AM #151
    Quote Originally Posted by fm no more View Post
    I actually love Slacker ! The free version is good with only 2 comercials an hour, i subscribed to the plus plan for $50 a year with unlimited skips and no comercials. As sar as the SiriusXm music channels they suck in comparison with th dj's talking too much and all the repeats. And oh yea I get to program my channels
    Charles, is that you? Sad.....

Head Honcho
    05-29-2009, 12:30 PM #152
    Quote Originally Posted by TSS Taylor View Post
    Your attached images of the renditions may be one of the funniest posts I've ever seen.
    Don't even think about trying to steal him from us, he is going to be our new graphics design expert for the website.

In related shitty news for Sirius XM...

This is what worries me, now the media is spreading the word about what I have been saying for months, you can stream 3g internet radio right to your cars speeakers. This is bad for Sirius XM.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052900753.html

AND

This snippet from orbitcasts latest article was sent to me today by a reader and its nice to know I am not the only one catching heat and that I am not alone in my thoughts.

People ask me why I write about Slacker, when this is a satellite radio blog.

I get heckled a lot for that (and I get heckled for covering Pandora, mobile music, and the iPhone). But nobody complained when Sirius and XM were going through the merger process, and were trying to prove that both satellite radio and these services were part of a greater common marketplace. It seems hypocritical to me that I should cover the competition only when its advantageous, and then stick my head in the sand when its not.

The fact is, these internet/mobile services are competition, and are significant threats. They always have been, and they always will be.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-29-2009, 12:48 PM #153
    Conspiracy: SXM developed Pandora and Slacker to help the merger get approved. Then SXM will "develop" their own and drive the other two out of business...although the whole time it was a plot.

Page 16 of 16 ... 6141516