Page 10 of 16 ... 89101112 ...
    Guru
    05-26-2009, 10:59 AM #91
    I watch alot less TV now that I have a portable XM device. I prefer to listen and do yardwork or bike or walk than sit and watch TV.

In my case Sirius XM is a competitor to Directv....well, not really because I still keep my video service through Directv because SXM doesn't do video.

Mentor
    05-26-2009, 12:31 PM #92
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I watch alot less TV now that I have a portable XM device. I prefer to listen and do yardwork or bike or walk than sit and watch TV.

In my case Sirius XM is a competitor to Directv....well, not really because I still keep my video service through Directv because SXM doesn't do video.
    Here that Charles. Add DirectTV to SiriusXM list of THREATS. Even though its not the same thing. This gentleman is stating DirecTV time is hurting because of SiriusXM. Looks like some market share loss for DirectTV to SiriusXM is coming....
    YA BABY YA!!!!

Head Honcho
    05-26-2009, 01:51 PM #93
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    charles dont question my emotional state plz, i know where ur coming from ive heard it a million times.
    That was not directed at you directly. I said "guys" in general.

my problem charles is u are always always always complaining. k, nothing sirius has done since ive been wathcing this site has impressed u. if u have u failed to mention it or i never saw it.
    You never saw it.

if u followed this company from early times it should amaze u that they have the largest revenue out there for any radio company, that they now have 15 million self paying subs and that they pretty much have done what so many said they could never do.
    None of the should impress subscribers. I am a fan of the service first who happens to be a stockholder second.

maybe its the stock price that has u so negative, and so down on the company. the stock price is a joke, its a result of the ****ed up merger process and mel having to do that ugly financing on top of the media who at every turn has an agenda to take satrad down.
    The price of this stock no longer effects my life in the slightest.

You cant compare every situation and company to netflix, there is only 1 netflix. I have also heard alot of bad things about the netflix system, like getting messed up dvd's on a regular basis.
    There sure is only one and they are doing a great job. They are the flavor of the week right now and the second the go in the wrong direction I will be critical of them as well, as of yet, that has not happened. I can only speak to the fact that they have never wronged me yet but, i am sure some people have had problems, much like people who come here complaining about Sirius XM to no end, whether it be incorrect billing or terrible customer service.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-26-2009, 02:00 PM #94
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Your confusing the company with many brands and products with SiriusXM. Yes Coke did start bottling water, but its still not in the soft drink market. When I go to the restraurant and I want to order a soda, i dont order a disani. I order coke or pepsi. Pepsi is coke's competitor. Not water.Now if SiriusXM would like to add features than people like , they can. But Slacker can never do what SiriusXM does.
    Nicorete is in a different market then cigarettes. Tell me they don't compete.

You are walking in and ordering a coke if you want a soda because you want a soda, A LOT of people decided they would stop drinking soda and start drinking bottled water instead. Thus they compete in the overall market of "beverages" or "liquid refreshment" if you will... just like slacker and sirius don't compete in the field of SATRAD but, instead they compete in the music entertainment market and even in the larger field of entertainment in gerenal.

People stopped listening to radio as much when the tv was invented. People stopped watching tv as much when the internet was invented. Kids stopped watching as many movies when next generation gaming systems (xbox/playstation) were invented. Entertainment has an always will compete with all types and forms of entertaiment. Nevermind the fact that slacker and sirius xm are both in the audio entertainment business.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-26-2009, 02:04 PM #95
    Charles and Tyler then about how its competition. When they rake in 600 million dollars in revenue, then they can be considered competition. Until then, they are not competition. If they are they are competition like anything is that competes for your time, energy , and money. Which would then have to take into account hobbies, personal life, kids, and profession.
    The numbers do not have anything to do with the fact that they are competing for customers. If you offer free beers at your bar and make $0 but that cuts my bars business, then we are competing.

That being said, your numbers specifically don't mean anything. If Pandora could bring in 100 million with only 30 employees and zero debt or costs, that would be just as impressive.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-26-2009, 02:08 PM #96
    No Charles you know whats WEIRD, is your attitude in trying to convince me Slacker is competition. Thats weird. I proved to you 100 different times its not. HD radio is competition.
    No, you think you proved it 100 different times, which is even scarier. Anything I can play through headphones competes with anything I can play through headphones because people can only listen to one thing through their headphones at time. Walk around the city and look at all the different kinds of devices out there, all competition. Until you can tell me that people dont ever change what services they subscribe to or prove to me that people can listen and enjoy two things at the same time, you have proven nothing to me.

None of the above are competition. Different market. Cant have competition from a different market. Get that into your head Charles, and Tyler. Quite being obtuse.
    Good, we agree. Good thing all of these services are in the audio entertainment market.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-26-2009, 03:01 PM #97
    Where can I rate this thread 5 stars? It's funny.

Mentor
    05-26-2009, 03:09 PM #98
    Thanks for finally agreeing with me charles. You now realize my point. Thank you. I think Im done here. Apples and Oranges. Yes, everything competes with everything. Nice taoism ending there.

Head Honcho
    05-26-2009, 03:30 PM #99
    Maybe you are trying to be ironic but, you are falling short on being funny here.

Everything does not compete with everything. Audio entertainment companies compete with audio entertainment companies. My point is that entertainment companies compete at a very high level never mind the fact that these two companies are in a much smaller sub market... thus... as you know... they are directly competing for listeners. Again, The guys at Sirius XM corporate wouldn't even try and make they argument you are trying to make.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-26-2009, 03:39 PM #100
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Maybe you are trying to be ironic but, you are falling short on being funny here.

Everything does not compete with everything. Audio entertainment companies compete with audio entertainment companies. My point is that entertainment companies compete at a very high level never mind the fact that these two companies are in a much smaller sub market... thus... as you know... they are directly competing for listeners. Again, The guys at Sirius XM corporate wouldn't even try and make they argument you are trying to make.
    Yes, we agree. Not ironic. Its good. We agree, Slacker competes with SiriusXM. Like Coke does to water. Yes, got it.

Page 10 of 16 ... 89101112 ...