Page 3 of 16 1234513 ...
    Mentor
    05-24-2009, 11:43 AM #21
    I cant comment on how Slacker sucks, except to the obvious reasons. Cant hear it when Im fishing... I cant hear it "everywhere"...
    No exclusive content. No live performances exclusive to SiriusXM. No sports, no news. ITS NOT RADIO. For the 100 th time , Pandora and Slacker ARE NOT RADIO STATIONS. They are LIMITED PLAYLISTS of music. Period. NO COMPETITION. Like saying the wind is compeition.

Mentor
    05-24-2009, 11:46 AM #22
    Pandora and Slacker are cute, for free. And they are WORTH free. So is a free stick of gum. But my free stick of gum is still not competition for SiriusXM. Clear Channel is competition, Citadel, and XM was.....
    Now look at them. Bk, no money, and now part of the same company.
    Hey Charles, buy some stock. Love this stock. Love it. Carasess its wonders.... Your wrong. Your 100 percent wrong, and you will be even more wrong 1 year from now. Slacker is not competing with SiriusXM, as it is NOT a radio station, or a radio company. It is a MUSIC PROGRAM.

Enthusiast
    05-24-2009, 01:03 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I cant comment on how Slacker sucks, except to the obvious reasons. Cant hear it when Im fishing... I cant hear it "everywhere"...
    Yes you can. What makes Slacker different from Pandora is the portable units, G1 and G2. They store the radio stations, about six hours worth per station and let you listen anywhere. You can update the stations via wifi.

Enthusiast
    05-24-2009, 01:25 PM #24
    No, you can listen to your recorded music content, you can't listen to the live baseball or NASCAR while out fishing. You won't be able to listen to the indy 500 this weekend while out on the family picnic with Pandora, much less and of the NBA games.
    Last edited by otone; 05-24-2009 at 01:31 PM.

05-24-2009, 02:22 PM #25
    NO BARRIER TO ENTRY!!!!

It is really that simple, without a barrier to enter the mkt will have endless competition. I for one would love to see 1000 pandora's and slackers out there with 500K listeners each vs just 2 with 100 million listeners!!!! This model is dead before it started SIRIXM does more revenue by Jan 7th then these companies COMBINED will do all year!!!!!

Relmor,Romo, and I can start a bar, give away the drinks for FREE and we would be the MOST popular bar around, everyone would LOVE us!!!! But at some point FREE will not work anymore!!!

My friend tried to cancel the Dallas Mourning News a few weeks ago, even though he canceled they continue to delever the paper, he calls again and request them to STOP delevering the paper. The Dallas MN does not want to stop delevering they want to the ability to tell advertisers we have x subscribers!! The Advertising model has been turned on its head, the internet has created wayyyy more services then advertiser can support!!!!

Who would you advertise to???

A. Pandora who has 27 million listerners with avg of 2.5 min a day and 99% are looking for FREE!!

B. Facebook #4 website on the NET reaches 18% of all internet users and each user spends 25 min a day on the site!!!!!

C. SIRIXM subs are WILLING to pay for a service!!!!

Because less then 5% of our rev comes from advertising, it's gravey at this point and personally don't expect advertising to EVER go above 10% if it even gets there!!!! However, the facebooks of the world is where advertisers want to get in front of, pandors/slacker will end up like ALL ADVANTAGE did yrs ago!!!!!

Everone needs to quit their crying around SIRIXM and marketing!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD we are on the verge on POSITIVE CASH FLOW which is the #1 focus now!! This will lead to a credit ratings increase (should happen soon) which will lead to refi and LOWER rates which will lead to MORE cashflow which will lead to more credit upgrades!!!!!! Once we have a sharper pen SIRIXM will then be unleashed!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by LIBOR/TED SPREAD; 05-24-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Enthusiast
    05-24-2009, 02:59 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Those are obvious...but being a user of Slacker Plus what don't you like about that? has to be something. its the slacker sucks thread..
    Were you really trying to start a thread where everyone agreed with your point of view. I can't see the point of that.

The thing that is wrong with Slacker is the the same thing that is wrong with Sirius. Sound Quality is marginal at best. Maybe it's because I grew up when analog was at it's high point but I tend to think that most so called digital music sounds pretty bad. High bit rate digital is good, High quality analog is great. The advantage of digital is consistancy not quality. Both Slacker and Sirius are consistant but mediocre digital.
    Last edited by James; 05-24-2009 at 03:05 PM.

Enthusiast
    05-24-2009, 03:09 PM #27
    Right on LTS!

Quote Originally Posted by LIBOR/TED SPREAD View Post
    NO BARRIER TO ENTRY!!!!

It is really that simple, without a barrier to enter the mkt will have endless competition. I for one would love to see 1000 pandora's and slackers out there with 500K listeners each vs just 2 with 100 million listeners!!!! This model is dead before it started SIRIXM does more revenue by Jan 7th then these companies COMBINED will do all year!!!!!

Relmor,Romo, and I can start a bar, give away the drinks for FREE and we would be the MOST popular bar around, everyone would LOVE us!!!! But at some point FREE will not work anymore!!!

My friend tried to cancel the Dallas Mourning News a few weeks ago, even though he canceled they continue to delever the paper, he calls again and request them to STOP delevering the paper. The Dallas MN does not want to stop delevering they want to the ability to tell advertisers we have x subscribers!! The Advertising model has been turned on its head, the internet has created wayyyy more services then advertiser can support!!!!

Who would you advertise to???

A. Pandora who has 27 million listerners with avg of 2.5 min a day and 99% are looking for FREE!!

B. Facebook #4 website on the NET reaches 18% of all internet users and each user spends 25 min a day on the site!!!!!

C. SIRIXM subs are WILLING to pay for a service!!!!

Because less then 5% of our rev comes from advertising, it's gravey at this point and personally don't expect advertising to EVER go above 10% if it even gets there!!!! However, the facebooks of the world is where advertisers want to get in front of, pandors/slacker will end up like ALL ADVANTAGE did yrs ago!!!!!

Everone needs to quit their crying around SIRIXM and marketing!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD we are on the verge on POSITIVE CASH FLOW which is the #1 focus now!! This will lead to a credit ratings increase (should happen soon) which will lead to refi and LOWER rates which will lead to MORE cashflow which will lead to more credit upgrades!!!!!! Once we have a sharper pen SIRIXM will then be unleashed!!!!!!!!!

Head Honcho
    05-24-2009, 04:40 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by nisvan View Post
    the key of course is to bring in more of the software kind of culture and
    thinking into the siriusxm tube/transistor/fm culture; that i think is what
    charles is heeding the need for - else siriusxm will be left behind

make sense?
    Thats it, and I dont think its unreasonable for the company to bridge that gap. That is why I make the complaints/suggestions that I make. I don't think this company needs to be limited to their current means of delivery and instead they should define themselves as the excellent content in which they provide.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-24-2009, 04:50 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    No exclusive content. No live performances exclusive to SiriusXM. No sports, no news. ITS NOT RADIO. For the 100 th time , Pandora and Slacker ARE NOT RADIO STATIONS. They are LIMITED PLAYLISTS of music. Period. NO COMPETITION. Like saying the wind is compeition.
    Slacker has portable hardware so, you could listen to it fishing. It wouldn't be live but, plenty of people utilize that feature on the stilettos.

They are't "live" performances but their playlists offer some of the best live in concert tracks I have ever heard in my life. When I first joined I heard songs played by my favorite bands that I never even knew existed.

They may not "be radio stations" yet but, they are competition. You are a seemingly a smart guy so, I refuse to sit idly by and allow you to continue to say it because I know that you cant possibly believe that. Just like we all knew that SATRAD was competing with Terrestrial Radio even though people wanted us to believe otherwise. Audio entertainment is audio entertainment and my ears can only listen to one thing at a time so, we have to make a choice.

If you want to say that Sirius XM is hands down better "no competition" that is fine. I have no problem believing that millions of people think that. But lets not get that confused with the fact that these companies are competing. If they weren't, Sirius XM fans wouldnt throw a fit each time their names were brought up.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-24-2009, 04:58 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by LIBOR/TED SPREAD View Post
    AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN THESE SERVICES ARE NOT FREE. Slacker never was free, it was ad supported from day one with various levels of premium subscriptions.

Pandora is set to be profitable by the end of the year and might just be sitting there with 40 million listeners.

So, don't worry, none of these guys are giving anything away for free.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 3 of 16 1234513 ...