Page 1 of 16 12311 ...
    Mentor
    05-23-2009, 10:08 AM #1

Slacker Sucks Thread. People who want to bag on Slacker and Pandora.

This thread will be fore arguements why Slacker is inferior, will never seriously threaten SiriusXm. Also, lets discuss its weakness's and what their future may hold. Also lets discuss how they will become a threat to Satellite Radio.
    I know, brain storm hard, going to take come imagination trying to visualize that.

Mentor
    05-23-2009, 10:14 AM #2
    Ok, since I know Pandora better Ill start.
    1. Commercials.
    2. Side ads that are distracting. I mean they are getting huge.
    3. Crashes.
    4. A couple wrong turns and my U2 station was playing like some music that didnt not only sound like U2, I wouldnt know where to put it. Station gets off track easy. Was like some weird chanting or somethign... Like some monks or something I dont know.. Creeped me out though..
    5. Same 10 artists per station.
    6. Same 50 songs per station.
    7. YES IM STILL LISTENING....!!!!!!!
    GEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need I say more about this trash....

Guru
    05-23-2009, 10:41 AM #3
    yes, go Relmor...

I kept flipping to the next song and never heard an entire song because I hoped there would be something better...it made me very uneasy and would probably lead to me having a panic attack or heart attack. Then it said i had used up all my flips and I was stuck on some BS song that had no business being in the "station" i created.

Mentor
    05-23-2009, 11:01 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    yes, go Relmor...

I kept flipping to the next song and never heard an entire song because I hoped there would be something better...it made me very uneasy and would probably lead to me having a panic attack or heart attack. Then it said i had used up all my flips and I was stuck on some BS song that had no business being in the "station" i created.
    yes...
    Nice. Another excellent point. You can only skip a few songs... My u2 statin was ruined for around 4 hours... It was stuck on this very weird path..
    like the choose your own adventure stories...
    Pick a wrong turn, and your dead...

Enthusiast
    05-23-2009, 02:53 PM #5
    this is easy:
    it's not live;
    for some reason, that makes all the difference.
    i groove knowing 600,000 people across the land are
    listenting to the same song i hear. it's a community feeling.
    it's called RADIO. Pandora and Slacker are not "radio." They're more
    like online mp3 players. Nothing wrong with that. But they still
    can't measure up to the thrill of live, coast to coast, broadcast RADIO.
    There's only one company in the whole world that's doing that.

Head Honcho
    05-23-2009, 05:33 PM #6
    Define live?

Sirius XM is already in the business of computer programming their stations and using less and less DJ's and chatter. The only difference between sirius xm and slacker is that there are no dj's (when it comes to music).

With Slacker and Pandora you are listening to the same thing everyone else is as well... UNLESS you program your own custom station and share that station with your friends and then not only are you sharing the moment with your "community" but you actually created it yourself.

On that note, blip.fm has been taking off as of late for just that reason. You and your friends can login and create and edit the music on your own stations thus acting like collaborative dj's. Now you can really get that community feeling!

Oh no... I mentioned another potential competitor, here comes the hate mail. Lets all shoot the messenger.

Relmor, nice job on the hate thread that will be piled onto by people who have never used the services, that will add tons of credibility to your point! At least I criticize Sirius XM in a meaningful way as not only a shareholder but a daily listener of the service for 5 years. For the record, there are no "hate sirius xm" threads here (not created by me at least).

I wouldn't take any info away from a "why nintendo sucks" thread on an xbox website. Just a thought.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-23-2009, 10:50 PM #7
    can't knock it? ....but you can give away a slacker product on a sirius website.

Head Honcho
    05-23-2009, 10:53 PM #8
    When did I say you can't knock it?

The guy who got that free slacker g2 LOVES it by the way.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    05-23-2009, 10:57 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I wouldn't take any info away from a "why nintendo sucks" thread on an xbox website. Just a thought.
    Your right and is the reason why you arent getting any traction here with your "Pandora and Slacker are great" comments, giveaways, etc... just a thought

Guru
    05-23-2009, 10:57 PM #10
    ok you didn't

Page 1 of 16 12311 ...