05-22-2009, 09:27 PM #41
    I am younger than 35.[/QUOTE]
    ------------------------------------
    For the record I am older than 35. LOL.

Guru
    05-22-2009, 09:45 PM #42
    Click link to get whole story, have a good memorial day weekend

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/sa...-karmazin.html

Sirius XM Radio Inc. chief Mel Karmazin said in an internal memo to staffers that the company now has the most revenue of any other radio company - not just in the United States, but in the world.

"Based on revenue in the first quarter of 2009, SIRIUS XM is the largest radio company in the U.S., which means we are also No. 1 in the world," wrote Karmazin in the memo to employees.

Orbitcast has obtained Mel Karmazin's note to Sirius XM employees, read it after the jump...
    Internal memo:

To All Employees:

Obviously, we are very focused on continuing to grow our business in a very difficult environment. As you all saw with the release of our 1st Quarter earnings, the difficulty in the U.S. auto market is adversely affecting our subscriber growth. With that understood, the growth of our company, particularly since the merger, has been phenomenal.

All of the major radio companies have now reported their first quarter results and I thought you would be interested in seeing the revenue of SIRIUS XM relative to the other large radio companies in the U.S.

1st Quarter Revenue

SIRIUS XM $605 Million

Clear Channel Radio $603.6
    CBS Radio $259.7
    Citadel/ABC $158.9
    Cox Radio $75.5
    Entercom $75.4

05-22-2009, 10:07 PM #43
    Hi Tripp,
    So most revenue of any radio company, still .35
    What's the deal Mel!!!
    Julie

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 10:12 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    Click link to get whole story, have a good memorial day weekend

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/sa...-karmazin.html

Sirius XM Radio Inc. chief Mel Karmazin said in an internal memo to staffers that the company now has the most revenue of any other radio company - not just in the United States, but in the world.

"Based on revenue in the first quarter of 2009, SIRIUS XM is the largest radio company in the U.S., which means we are also No. 1 in the world," wrote Karmazin in the memo to employees.

Orbitcast has obtained Mel Karmazin's note to Sirius XM employees, read it after the jump...
    Internal memo:

To All Employees:

Obviously, we are very focused on continuing to grow our business in a very difficult environment. As you all saw with the release of our 1st Quarter earnings, the difficulty in the U.S. auto market is adversely affecting our subscriber growth. With that understood, the growth of our company, particularly since the merger, has been phenomenal.

All of the major radio companies have now reported their first quarter results and I thought you would be interested in seeing the revenue of SIRIUS XM relative to the other large radio companies in the U.S.

1st Quarter Revenue

SIRIUS XM $605 Million

Clear Channel Radio $603.6
    CBS Radio $259.7
    Citadel/ABC $158.9
    Cox Radio $75.5
    Entercom $75.4

Guru
    05-22-2009, 10:28 PM #45
    what are you talking about? this is sirius satellite "RADIO" , charles wants a little too much at times, its a wonder he doesnt start up his own satellite radio company and show mel how its done. yes they need to keep up with tech advances, and they will. They are not apple though they will not lead the tech industry in anything, they will continue to provide good radio that will want to be listened to and new platforms for listening will open up in time. no company is run perfectly, sirius has its flaws but charles never focuses on its virtues or even mentions them. this is siriusbuzz, and all the buzz from charles is negative.

05-22-2009, 10:36 PM #46
    what are you talking about? this is sirius satellite "RADIO" , charles wants a little too much at times, its a wonder he doesnt start up his own satellite radio company and show mel how its done. yes they need to keep up with tech advances, and they will. They are not apple though they will not lead the tech industry in anything, they will continue to provide good radio that will want to be listened to and new platforms for listening will open up in time. no company is run perfectly, sirius has its flaws but charles never focuses on its virtues or even mentions them. this is siriusbuzz, and all the buzz from charles is negative.
    Tripp,
    Speaking of negative, why the disclaimer at the bottom of your
    post? You know you're smarter than that. Enjoying your weekend?
    Julie

Guru
    05-22-2009, 11:02 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    For the record I am older than 35. LOL.
    too bad im averaged over .35c, lol

Head Honcho
    05-22-2009, 11:23 PM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    by the end of next week My wife, mother and father will have SXM in their vehicles. None of them would subscribe until they had a built in unit. All 3 have new cars.
    3 people in my household have Sirius XM and we have all had non built in receivers for 3+ years. Point being... Sirius XM is better targeting early adopters like us, we are younger and we will be customers longer. You don't need to make these things standard in cars for us to buy, we will listen MORE outside of our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    My wife and I have never wanted nor will we ever own an ipod.

I am younger than 35.
    What are you suggesting? The because you don't want an iPod that Sirius XM should ignore the hundreds of millions of people who do? I totally understand that there are people who don't want ipods (I happen to have 2), that being said, more people have ipods then Sirius XM and I bet people with ipods are MORE likely to purchase Sirius XM.

I have 10-15 yr old cousins that have ipods and ipod touches and guess what? In 5 years they will be able to buy their own Sirius XM sub at the age of 15-20 and you will be "younger than 40." I want to target the kids with 20 more years of consumer spending.

If you werent trying to make a point, I apologize but, it sounded like you were suggesting that hundreds of millions of ipod owners must be crazy.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-22-2009, 11:31 PM #49
    what are you talking about? this is sirius satellite "RADIO" , charles wants a little too much at times
    Really? like an iPhone app in under 12 months is asking too much? Or an update to a 3+ year old web interface? We could gather up the nicemac guys and force them to start from scratch and they would have a basic working app in 1 month, hands down.

its a wonder he doesnt start up his own satellite radio company and show mel how its done.
    This company would be lucky to have someone like me working for them. If it's not me, it will be someone just like me that turns this company around. You can count on that.

no company is run perfectly, sirius has its flaws but charles never focuses on its virtues or even mentions them. this is siriusbuzz, and all the buzz from charles is negative.
    Really? I created this mecca to pay honor to my love for the service. Again, that does NOT mean that I am going to blindly love them when they act like retards. I have written far more positive articles about Sirius then negative by a wide margin, I just haven't as of late because, quite frankly, they don't deserve it.

Everyone criticizes me but, look at the lack of advancement, look at the grade everyone has issued for their marketing efforts, and then look at their share price over the last couple of years. I would say that I am pretty damn realistic.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    05-23-2009, 12:54 AM #50
    -----------------------------------------
    Trip.

At some point a certain percentage of Sirius followers want more than the same ol bunch of sorry ass bullshit. And you can wipe your ass with that memo. You like .34 and a company doing absolutely zero for it's users and shareholders of which I am both.

Charles can take care of himself. However, Sirius management is a total failure. As is there comparing themselves to an outdated source of information. It's great It's wonderful. It's all positive. Have at it.

Me I'm BITTER. And plan to remain so. And especially to blind pumpers who haven't yet faced up to this management disaster.

Now you can say, "what are you talking about". I hadn't spoken yet. And I really haven't begun.

Enjoy your beautiful fun filled weekend.

Page 5 of 9 ... 34567 ...