Page 3 of 9 12345 ...
    Guru
    05-22-2009, 02:23 PM #21
    Charles, I just feel like we don't give them credit, they really have built an empire. And mel has emphasized that they are a content company. On the other thread about Pandora i questioned whether sxm could sell content to pandora.

I got a little frustrated this morning because this company... while it has it's shortcomings...is a media giant, while the others we are saying are "passing them up" are really just ipod organizer companies.

Guru
    05-22-2009, 02:24 PM #22
    Pandora's new slogan could be

"Pandora: we're a giant ipod"

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 02:28 PM #23
    [QUOTE=SiriusBuzz;33650]First of all, you make it sound like Mel built it and hit the launch button.

The issue we have is that their technology is stagnant. Their deals are stagnant.
    -------------------------------------------

We gave them a free pass. We said give them time after the merger if over and they work through the combination issues, then "MEL" will show us something.........................

It's 10 months now. I'm still waiting for one positive thing Mel K. can be attributed to?????????????????????????????????????????

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 02:29 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Pandora's new slogan could be

"Pandora: we're a giant ipod"
    -------------
    I see you point Romo. I just wish I had invested in my entire .50 cents in that giant IPOD.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    05-22-2009, 03:06 PM #25
    Has anyone called Investor relations lately and said what the f%&$???

Does anyone have ir's direct number?

Mentor
    05-22-2009, 03:15 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    If given the option, I would replace the top of this entire management team with a few guys fresh out of college with minimal experience and I would do it TODAY! This isn't some scorned fan talking, this is plain old common sense. This management team is not simply bad, they are deplorable and SEVERELY incompitent.
    Charles, you have correctly been on this theme for quite some time now . . . but time is starting to run out . . . both for Mel & his "radio" boys and dare I say even the technology/delivery system itself. At this rate, AT&T or Verizon (whoever Liberty flips us to) will need to find some other use for the space junk now orbiting planet earth . . .

Interesting read:

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2009/0...he-radio-star/

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 03:29 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Charles, you have correctly been on this theme for quite some time now . . . but time is starting to run out . . . both for Mel & his "radio" boys and dare I say even the technology/delivery system itself. At this rate, AT&T or Verizon (whoever Liberty flips us to) will need to find some other use for the space junk now orbiting planet earth . . .

Interesting read:

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2009/0...he-radio-star/

Ever see that guy on yahoo, who every Friday would write. "I sold a share of Siri stock today to buy a beer"? Well.............He no longer posts that. I wonder why. .34. Good luck in the big 5 miler.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    05-22-2009, 03:30 PM #28
    Wow everyone seems quite negative lately... With good reason though... So I take it all the optimists that were saying siriusxm is the future of radio and in car entertainment are selling their shares now.........

Mentor
    05-22-2009, 03:35 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    I'm just curious. Does anybody think Sirius management reads through
    these different forums, to get a feel for what is being said out there? Julie
    Hey Julie . . here's where I picture management today . . . driving on the "LIE" (Long Island Expressway) out to the Hamptons for the weekend. They decided to save money by car-pooling so they all jumped into Mel's Cadillac CTS . . Frear in the passenger seat . . . Meyer, Blaylock and Greenstein smooshed into the back . . . Blaylock resting his feet on the center hump.

They're probably sitting in traffic right now listening to some music . . probably something like the "Safety Dance."

Every so often Greenstein or Meyer will yell up front "Hey Mel . . has this rig got internet radio in it? Turn on the internet radio Mel! And then they all have a big hardy belly laugh!

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 03:42 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Wow everyone seems quite negative lately... With good reason though... So I take it all the optimists that were saying siriusxm is the future of radio and in car entertainment are selling their shares now.........
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Hey Hopeful. I actually thought we were on to something. Then BOOM! Mel put an end to it exactly at the moment we broke out to the upside. It's called the 1 billion share dilution shoved up the shareholders............sans lubricant.

Page 3 of 9 12345 ...