Page 1 of 9 123 ...
    Head Honcho
    05-22-2009, 09:41 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Updates Friday 5/22/09

I will kick of the new intraday thread with this thought. I thought the move by netflix to get on xbox was genius and it proved to be so with their free trial bringing in something like 1 million new users and a 10% subscriber base increase in a 3 month period. Today, I see that they have no crowbared another deal to get netflix into the windows media center console. This is a company that has its shit together. Why isnt Sirius XM on my xbox or in my windows media center?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-102...g=2547-1_3-0-5
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 09:44 AM #2
    read yeasterday where sony is now talking with the major lables on music and direct downloads via the Psp "times they are a changing"

Under the GM draft bankruptcy plan, the automaker would receive just under $30 billion in additional federal loans, a source told the Post, which would up the government's overall investment in the company to nearly $45 billion.

The move comes as the administration prepares to lift Chrysler from bankruptcy protection as soon as next week, industry sources told the paper.
    via fox
    Last edited by tim wallick; 05-22-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: add chrysler/gm

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 09:47 AM #3
    I don't even want to go there. Oh wait...you mentioned "Sirius XM" and "shit" in two seperate sentences...nevermind.

On one of my rare "other notes", 5 insiders connected with SIRI added over 15mil shares of SIRI to their portfolios yesterday. Sadomasochists or they know somethin' we don't?

Mentor
    05-22-2009, 09:47 AM #4
    Good morning everyone!! Level2 is different day same bullsh+t..
    7400 sell orders to 2300 buy orders,same SP spread .34 buy to .36 low sell...
    Off to play Golf tournament in an hour and just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day and to give my thoughts and prayers to our men and women in uniform past and present who allow people like me to type here and say whatever i want for my freedoms and Liberty's...

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 09:52 AM #5
    Sado's...same ol' "range game" again around .35.

Johnny, ya might as well just "copy and paste" the lev2 buy and sell figures. It'll save ya' the time from havin' to type it all out each day. ; )
    Last edited by mrmertz; 05-22-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: spellin'

Mentor
    05-22-2009, 10:05 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    I don't even want to go there. Oh wait...you mentioned "Sirius XM" and "shit" in two seperate sentences...nevermind.

On one of my rare "other notes", 5 insiders connected with SIRI added over 15mil shares of SIRI to their portfolios yesterday. Sadomasochists or they know somethin' we don't?
    No big Deal,SXM is paying out bonuses with stock rights instead of cash over 20 tranche's,and the officer's are setting up a 105B sell plan which is reasonable and lets them do it without insider sell considerations.They are taking the cash by selling,these shares were registered and issued by company last week,148Mil, with 30 mil by Mel giving up his 30 mil options..
    more dilution but expected and priced in already..JMHO

Head Honcho
    05-22-2009, 10:06 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post
    read yeasterday where sony is now talking with the major lables on music and direct downloads via the Psp "times they are a changing"
    Why doesn't Sirius XM "get it?" All we see is constant moves and talk about future moves from media companies all while Sirius XM says next to nothing. I use to think that something HUGE was comeing and that Sirius XM was playing it on the low key but after years and years of nothing it seems clear that we should not expect anything. The amount of time it has taken to get this new iPhone app to market is laughable. IF the reason for the hold up is the new 3.0 capabilities, Sirius XM should have told us all that, but they didnt. So, I will assume that they just can't project manage the simplest of projects.

If given the option, I would replace the top of this entire management team with a few guys fresh out of college with minimal experience and I would do it TODAY! This isn't some scorned fan talking, this is plain old common sense. This management team is not simply bad, they are deplorable and SEVERELY incompitent.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 10:11 AM #8
    Ahhhh...okay. Thanks for the info!

Hey, but wait! Then that of course burst the balloon on 'knowing somethin' we don't' theory. Ugh. And sorry I fibbed in my earlier post. We are now playing the range game in the .34 bracket, no wait...33...32...31...jk, sorta. I HAVE to keep a sense of daily humor with this stock after looking at LEA I could have bought on the same day I did SIRI. Today alone would have been a $4272 net.

05-22-2009, 10:16 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Why doesn't Sirius XM "get it?" All we see is constant moves and talk about future moves from media companies all while Sirius XM says next to nothing. I use to think that something HUGE was comeing and that Sirius XM was playing it on the low key but after years and years of nothing it seems clear that we should not expect anything. The amount of time it has taken to get this new iPhone app to market is laughable. IF the reason for the hold up is the new 3.0 capabilities, Sirius XM should have told us all that, but they didnt. So, I will assume that they just can't project manage the simplest of projects.

If given the option, I would replace the top of this entire management team with a few guys fresh out of college with minimal experience and I would do it TODAY! This isn't some scorned fan talking, this is plain old common sense. This management team is not simply bad, they are deplorable and SEVERELY incompitent.
    I completely agree here. Unless there is something very big in the works, and I mean big, then S-XM is going to fall waaay behind with everyone else who is thinking outside the box.

The iphone app will help, but I don't think it's going to change too much since its nothing more than access to the same services they've had for years. It's all about differentiating yourself against the competition. New services or new ways to use S-XM would be key.

YES, the iPhone app should have been out a LOOOONG time ago considering it doesn't take too much to create these apps with just a little knowledge of programming. However, we can't yell at them now because they did say in Q2. That gives us through June if I'm correct. They probably knew 3.0 was out in June so they just said sometime before Q2.

Now if Apple had something rolling out and said "sometime in Q2", then their stock would sky rocket because of all the hype created through blogs like this. Why the HELL can't this happen with SIRI. God damn shorters banking on us believers. Hell we could be shorting the damn thing and making more money than if it were to go from .35 to $4. HAHA. I'm not good enough to do this so I'll still with being LONG.

Thoughts?

Guru
    05-22-2009, 10:19 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post

Hilariously true!

Page 1 of 9 123 ...