2 11.76%
  • D

2 11.76%
  • F

13 76.47%
Page 1 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    05-21-2009, 03:33 PM #1

What grade would you give the Sirius XM marketing team?

Forget about what you know about this company and put yourself in the shoes of the average everyday consumer and ask yourself... how good of a job do you think the Sirius XM marketing team has done enlightening people about this company, how strong it is, and what it has to offer. Now give them a letter grade.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-21-2009, 03:43 PM #2
    great poll. Lets see some discussion...

Even the newer commercial is the same old commercial with different music in the background. Im talking about the XM one with the black screen and the XM logo changes from a guys beard to a NFL flag etc. It used to be Snoop Doggs song, now its a generic music score.

I could almost give them a D for being smart to advertise to existing subscribers as a way to not spend money.

I sat in a restaurant and heard the SXM coffeehouse jingle, i sat in another restaurant and heard the SXM Water colors jingle. This is free to them, and i like it.

I would probably prefer in this economic downturn and the merger to give them an "INCOMPLETE" because no use in wasting $$ to advertise to people who can't buy it and while they are making changes it could be argued that you don't want new subscribers getting upset over changes and spreading bad word.

I expect an advertising blitz for Christmas this year (damnit!)

Mentor
    05-21-2009, 04:50 PM #3
    F.
    I still run into people who think they went bked. Not fun. Id say they should probably get lower than an F, if you expand the poll, i really dont think an F is low enough. Ive gotten F's in college before, and I think I actually did a better job in that class....

Enthusiast
    05-21-2009, 05:43 PM #4
    I could not be more sick of this pathetic company. Kicking myself big time for not selling in the .50s. They are the worst... the worst. EVER.

05-21-2009, 05:49 PM #5
    This is a major, MAJOR issue with me. Totally dropped the ball
    in regards to marketing as far as I'm concerned.
    There is a huge potential audience out there who doesn't realize how much
    they "need" Sirius. And it is the job of marketing to bring about
    that awareness.

Give out free radios with 2 year contracts. Cell phones do it
    with great success. And the monthly cost for a Sirius sub
    is considerably less than my cell phone bill.

This product should be on everyones must have list.
    Unfortunately, Sirius doesn't believe that.

Big F-

Enthusiast
    05-21-2009, 07:09 PM #6
    really bad nothing being done outside of the normal food chain, for a fast buck. but then what to do, after you pick the pockets for the easy money.

i forgot siriusxm is stuck inside the very little box....

Mentor
    05-21-2009, 07:47 PM #7
    Hey, Charles, I give your spelling an F.

Head Honcho
    05-21-2009, 07:50 PM #8
    I actually saw the link on the front page and came here to fix it when I noticed your post. It would be cool if there was an audible sound from your computer when you spelled something wrong. Or maybe a pop up that said "are you sure you want to submit this post you dummy."
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-21-2009, 07:56 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I actually saw the link on the front page and came here to fix it when I noticed your post. It would be cool if there was an audible sound from your computer when you spelled something wrong. Or maybe a pop up that said "are you sure you want to submit this post you dummy."
    Charles you are an expert.....
    What do you say about these ideas....
    Price plans for the iphone....
    Free trial that comes with every new download(2 months).
    $1 plan....
    Gives you limited number of stations, and 1 month of free Howard Stern, and other select channels.
    $5 dollar plan.....
    The old internet offering of siriusxm...
    $13 a month Full plan... comes with free Pandora like library, where you can create your own stations!!! And all the normal stations.
    Best of XM apps available as well, and best of siriusxm apps...
    Please comment...
    Also an app that allows you to store your music you download right to your iphone memory(or will this already be possible?)

Head Honcho
    05-21-2009, 09:14 PM #10
    I wouldn't say expert... educated and dialed into trends... yes.

Free trial yes.

For some reason, I never considered tiered pricing... probably because it doesn't interest me now. Just like the tiered pricing of other services... I always wind up with the full plan. I think a $5 or a full $13 plan is a cool idea though, the $1 plan hardly seems worth it.

As far as being able to download and store... I am not sure that would be possible. The issue being, you could get those songs off of your iPhone. I know its retarded and when I was a kid we would just tape the song of the radio and no one cared but now a days there is a big difference between storing a song on your piece of hardware knowing that you can never get it off and storing it in a place where you can remove it. Essentially you would be bypassing the likes of itunes, if you want it for your personal use, you need to pay for the song.

Would it be crazy for Sirius to setup a "purchase on itunes link," I cant think of any reason off the top of my head (that doesnt mean that I wont think of one later) why that would be a bad idea. Apple does have an affiliate partner program where Sirius XM could make some rev off of referring potential customers. If you cant record the song directly and that is not a possibility for Sirius XM to offer that any time soon, why not just refer users to itunes and make a couple of bucks?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 2 12