Page 1 of 3 123
    05-11-2009, 11:51 PM #1

Leo G no longer with Sirius XM!!

This was posted on Leo's twitter. http://www.twitter.com/thegeneralleog

To those loyal, die hard, fans....it's with a heavy heart that I must inform you today was my last day at Sirius XM Radio.
    Thank you all for your continued support throughout my years there with 66 RAW & Hip Hop Nation/ It's not the end, just a new beginning!

Sad sad day for HHN! Do you think their will be more programming changes now that Leo is gone? I hope not it has been so good lately.

Guru
    05-12-2009, 08:51 AM #2
    PT, this better be a fake post!

He just became the program director.

Wow.

Maybe DJ Celo will take over.

05-12-2009, 12:10 PM #3

Thumbs down

I wish I was Romo. This upsets me more than I can explain! He said it was 'more budget cuts' and that it was 'unfortunate'. Unreal im still shocked! Having Celo replace him is the best move they could make but who knows if thats will happen. If I anything new I will post it.

05-12-2009, 05:14 PM #4
    It's 5PM eastern, the normal slot for G Mixx and it is Celo's Definition. This is the best they could do for replacing Leo, it still hard knowing their is no more G Mixx though.

Guru
    05-12-2009, 08:55 PM #5
    This is disturbing...how do you cut the program director in a budget cut? things were getting better, now this?? wtf

05-13-2009, 10:21 AM #6
    It is disturbing. I wonder how much he was making to 'warrant' being apart of the budget cuts? Or was it even a budget cut? Maybe Leo is deciding to take the high road? I haven't heard of anyone else being let go from any stations..but im not sure.

Guru
    05-13-2009, 12:10 PM #7
    keep me updated, i emailed sirius right away. ill let you know what i hear.

his twitter didn't sound like he was upset so maybe it was partly he asked for too much money or maybe he didn't like the progress....i kind of doubt he didn't like the progress though because he mentioned being proud of being part of the foundation of satellite media.

Interestingly too, the day you posted this there was another new post here that new DJ's are starting on boneyard or something...

05-14-2009, 05:54 PM #8
    So I took my new survey today and I thought it was November of 2008! Songs like Pop Champagne, Here I Am, Heartless, Got Money, Go Hard and many more were back in the survey! The new Eminem songs, new UGK songs and many more were taken out! This is very disturbing, it seems they are going backwards...what happend to the progress? I guess it left with Leo G! I already shot an e-mail to Dion Summers the Senior Programmer, hopefully you will do the same. dion.summers@xmradio.com if you lost it. This is getting scary.

Guru
    05-14-2009, 08:15 PM #9
    i noticed the same almost immediately that day the same songs that we got rid of were being rotated the same way again.

05-14-2009, 11:49 PM #10
    I sent Dion, the Senior Director of Programming an e-mail about the survey. He replyed pretty quick here's what he said.

Periodically, it is necessary to test our Power Recurrents (Pop Champagne, Heartless, etc.) to gauge potential burn, audience fatigue, etc. Most weeks – to your point – we will place all our Current music under review. However, this week, we chose to dedicate the test to our most popular current-based records – and to those Power Recurrents I just mentioned. It is from testing these records that we’re better able to affect rotations on them. Subsequent tests will involve more current titles, but we’ll still test these Power Rec’s to make sure we’re on track with our audience’s expectations.

I then shot an e-mail right back to him asking what would happen to the 5pm slot now that their was no G Mixx and he said "more than likely, back to rotation."

Page 1 of 3 123