05-21-2009, 01:19 PM #1

Backspin is not pop2k

I know it's a small issue but when will channel 39 be labeled "backspin" instead of pop2k? Anybody else run into this?

05-21-2009, 06:30 PM #2
    I said this on DRC today but if Orbitcast and SIRIUSBuzz did a story on this issue, it would be fixed in a week.

Head Honcho
    05-21-2009, 07:56 PM #3
    Where is it labeled wrong? On the hardware tickers?

I don't know if it warrants a full blown story but, I will try and work in a jab in if the opportunity presents itself

BTW, you are giving us WAY too much credit. If they listen to us, they sure don't let us know it!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-23-2009, 07:13 PM #4
    It is wrong on the hardware. the radio itself.

Head Honcho
    05-23-2009, 08:22 PM #5
    I would suggest simply sending the request along with this url to point out that it is a public issue. Granted, not a ton of people are complaining but, it seems to be a valid point. I get updates all the time on my head unit, you would think that this is a simple fix.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-23-2009, 11:00 PM #6
    I e-mailed them about this a few months back. They told me it hadn't been done yet because it would cause 'signal interference' and they didn't have a timetable for when it was going to be fixed. I don't know why it would cause signal interference, but I guess their is a reason.

Head Honcho
    05-23-2009, 11:13 PM #7
    Signal interference? I wonder if that means they didn't want to force an update? Which is strange because I get hammered with those all the time! I swear I always see that damn channel updating right in the middle of a joke or a good song! I wish it would update when I am done or on startup like a computer would instead of randomly interrupting me!

Although, people say I see an inordinate number of updates because my hardware is old so, you guys probably dont get hit like I do.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-24-2009, 12:03 AM #8
    yeah, customer service has not been too helpful. I was told that this issue would be taken care of "very soon" due to a channel lineup change. I asked the respresentative when that would happen...."I'm not at liberty to say". It was an odd conversation. I thought this would be an easy fix as well. somewhere there has to be a text box that has to be changed.....that should be it.

05-24-2009, 12:45 AM #9
    Yeah, signal interference. It makes me wonder why they wouldn't just do it around 4 or 5AM eastern time when not as many people are listening. When they brought back Backspin they also brought back another channel, a jazz channel or something, I cant remember exactly. The last time I checked it also hadn't been updated. I always thought it was bad business, because if someone new signs up for Sirius XM they could have a hard time finding the channel if they were just scrolling through they would see "Pop2K" not "Backspin"

Guru
    05-24-2009, 09:49 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pit412 View Post
    I asked the respresentative when that would happen...."I'm not at liberty to say". It was an odd conversation.

thats funny, like its so secretive!

Like pit said it has to be the radio itself. My radio is fine. Oh, but are you guys on Sirius, im on XM maybe thats the issue.