Page 7 of 7 ... 567
    Guru
    05-21-2009, 10:43 PM #61

Pandora's Blues Stations

Pandora's Blues stations kick ass. You couldn't ask for more and it is free. I listen to them a lot while I trade stocks during the day. There are no interruptions for an hour or two at a time then you have to move your mouse and it kicks in again. There isn't any talk, so it is easy to think while working.

Pandora has a lot of great things going on with it.

Don't cast it aside like junk just because you own SIRI.

Of course it doesn't have live broadcasts, but to a lot of people that just isn't important. There are people that just love listening to straight uninterrupted music.

My wife loves the SIRI Pure Jazz station (If that is what it is still called), because she loves the jocks on there that explain the backgrounds of the musicians and other trivia.

I have eleven sources for SIRI at my household. I listen to SIRI all of the time in my car.

Everybody is different.
    Last edited by billhart22; 05-21-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Addict
    05-22-2009, 08:32 AM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Pandora's Blues stations kick ass. You couldn't ask for more and it is free. I listen to them a lot while I trade stocks during the day. There are no interruptions for an hour or two at a time then you have to move your mouse and it kicks in again. There isn't any talk, so it is easy to think while working.

Pandora has a lot of great things going on with it.

Don't cast it aside like junk just because you own SIRI.

Of course it doesn't have live broadcasts, but to a lot of people that just isn't important. There are people that just love listening to straight uninterrupted music.

My wife loves the SIRI Pure Jazz station (If that is what it is still called), because she loves the jocks on there that explain the backgrounds of the musicians and other trivia.

I have eleven sources for SIRI at my household. I listen to SIRI all of the time in my car.

Everybody is different.
    Exactly! Everyone is different.....and thus the market is different. I don't think anyone is saying Pandora or Slacker suck. They are different than S-XM with respect to content and the way the content is delivered, especially to autos. I've said this before.....sports fans, Howard fans, and those who love talk radio and stuff like that, can't get that programming on Pandora, etc. Only S-XM has it. It's all about the content and ease of use in a car. iPhone is new territory for S-XM and should be a plus.

Page 7 of 7 ... 567