Page 6 of 7 ... 4567
    Mentor
    05-21-2009, 05:02 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Sure you can. That is lost market share. I am not suggesting that Sirius XM should be growing that fast, I am saying that they are losing potential subscribers at that rate. That is concerning. It is going to be FAR MORE DIFFICULT to take people who use Pandora and slacker and convert them to paid subscribers. If they had the first music application to market they could have more easily won new subscribers. If they had a sexier web interface with additional capabilities the could be more easily be winning new subscribers. The list goes on. It should NOT be hard to convince people who are utilizing something free to pay a tiny bit more for something much better. Those people are their target demo, I guess thats were some of us will have to agree to disagree.
    isnt it more an argument of why you listen to music, how you listen to music, and if your not a "music only guy", your a radio guy, meaning you like music, talk, comedy, and live sports, CNN channel, etc...
    These are not necessarily the same markets.
    Like buying a Lexus, vs. buying a Camary. Sure, its the "car market", but really not the same market one bit. Different income levels, different needs, etc...

Head Honcho
    05-21-2009, 05:09 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Im assuming internet and iphone only... as i dont see how that kind of interaction from the sat signal would be possible.
    or am i dreaming?
    I concur. Unless technology changes.

Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    isnt it more an argument of why you listen to music, how you listen to music, and if your not a "music only guy", your a radio guy, meaning you like music, talk, comedy, and live sports, CNN channel, etc...
    These are not necessarily the same markets.
    Like buying a Lexus, vs. buying a Camary. Sure, its the "car market", but really not the same market one bit. Different income levels, different needs, etc...
    There is still a big diff between a lexus and a camry. We are talking about a few bucks per month. Is Sirius XM worth $12 per month more then Pandora to you? What I am saying is, you should be able to convince everyone! For you its content that makes it better, for someone else it could be the interface, for another it could be the delivery capabilities.

People arent just using Slacker because its free, they are using it because its better in SOME senses whether that is superior sound quality, customizability, or iphone delivery. What I am saying is DONT LET SLACKER BE BETTER IN ANY SENSE! That should NOT be hard for Sirius XM to do and as a tech guy, you cant convince me of anything different.

Sirius XM should be dominating so hard that slacker and pandoa should not even exist but they do, and they are growing at an alarming rate.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    05-21-2009, 05:23 PM #53
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    UGH... you are still missing my point. There is a HUGE overlap between Sirius XM and the free internet radio (and portable) music companies. I am not making your point. What I said was that your analogy was a point taken but weak in the sense that there is next to zero overlap. More people in my office listen to services other then Sirius XM rather then Sirius XM. No one in my office is going to Ruth today.

I understand the point you are trying to make but for the love of GOD, there is a huge difference. The difference is a $3 meal vs a $50+ meal. With Sirius vs Slacker you are talking about $3 vs $12. If Sirius can't cut into that market then they fail in my book. I am NOT SAYING that the company will fail, I am saying that they are grosly ignoring something that they should be able to score with ease.

If it is such an overlap that there is little distinguishing value, then that is a problem. But remember hamburger is just ground up steak! It all depends on the quality of the steak and the presentation.

I think we are saying the same thing two different ways.

05-21-2009, 06:01 PM #54

Angry

I think the reason pandora is doing so well is because they pay no royaltys to artist like Sirius-XM.This must change. I'm sure in some way the NAB is behind them getting away with this long.

Head Honcho
    05-21-2009, 06:08 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat View Post
    I think the reason pandora is doing so well is because they pay no royaltys to artist like Sirius-XM.This must change. I'm sure in some way the NAB is behind them getting away with this long.
    That is a total misconception. They do in fact pay royalties.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-21-2009, 06:17 PM #56

Insiders bought 10 million shares of SIRI on 5/19/09?

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/holdings.a...FormType=form4

This could explain why we had one up day in 10 on 5.19.09. That's over 20% of the days trading volume.

05-21-2009, 06:41 PM #57

nevermind, they were free stock options

=( ............

Mentor
    05-21-2009, 07:51 PM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesey View Post
    http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/holdings.a...FormType=form4

This could explain why we had one up day in 10 on 5.19.09. That's over 20% of the days trading volume.
    No no no no no no no.
    Is that enough no's?
    Insiders were awarded that many shares. Issued from shares that Mel turned down. Went back into the pool to be awarded to other people. They will begin selling these added shares at zero enter value, 2 weeks apart for the next year. So not to hurt the stock price, or make people feel is because of bad news. Not true at all. They are not selling one other share already held.
    This is pure earned bonus money, and only issuing shares to avoid hurting their cash position. It is dilution, but it was factored in dilution(not much dilution at all, and the way they are selling the shares is very beneficial to stockholders.
    Good move overall. We saw this coming.....
    Non event..
    Did this information leak, and be why we went down a bit more than we should have....
    I still say, even if it was known about...
    Already priced in....
    This plan has been on their filings for a while now.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 05-21-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Addict
    05-21-2009, 09:42 PM #59
    I reloaded today, expect a run back to .60 cents in coming weeks.

Enthusiast
    05-21-2009, 09:45 PM #60
    No matter how you slice it, Automotive sales are linked to the Sirius for the time being. Come June 1 we will in all likelihood have two Automotive companies in BK. Chrysler still has three key dates before a "NEW" company is formed.
    1) May 27 - Sale Hearing
    2) June 4 - Designated agreements are established
    3) June 12 - Purchaser Confirmation Notice is issued

These items are all significant to GM for the purpose of legal precedent. The dollar amounts that both companies are dealing with are not significant in the resolution process. Believe that a positive outcome of the Sale Hearing on the 27th will have a positive impact on SP!

Page 6 of 7 ... 4567