Page 2 of 2 12
    05-27-2009, 01:16 PM #11
    HOT DAMN...Things are looking up

05-28-2009, 08:23 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by wblongliverock View Post
    vanzant77 wrote:
    "The groups that were played on these stations before the merger have become a thing of the past. No more mix of Classic, Southern, Blues, Heavy Metal music."

Hey vanzant77 I just heard Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers by ZZ Top on Boneyard! And I saw on DogStar that a Skynyrd tune was played early in the AM. I'm shocked. Let's hope things are changing for the better.
    That's a horrible sign! What's next Molly Hatchet?

Southern Rock? Good GOD! Leave that stuff for Outlaw Country or Classic Vinyl.

Don't get me wrong I like ZZ Top and Skynyrd, but not on the Boneyard.

05-29-2009, 08:31 AM #13

Thumbs up

Markgiv: "That's a horrible sign! What's next Molly Hatchet?

Southern Rock? Good GOD! Leave that stuff for Outlaw Country or Classic Vinyl.

Don't get me wrong I like ZZ Top and Skynyrd, but not on the Boneyard"

It's a great sign for all Buzzsaw and classic hard rock fans. ZZ Top is an awesome heavy blues band not a southern rock band and I think they fit the new Boneyard format just fine. I do want to hear Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, SRV, etc., in the mix too. I've noticed less Billy Squier and Cheap Trick the last few days too and that's agood thing. Things are looking up!

I do sympathize with the xm Boneyard fans. But maybe there is hope. If Buzzsaw can be reincarnated than so can the old xm Boneyard format. Maybe Octane can be tweaked in something like the old Boneyard. Keep sending those emails.
    Last edited by wblongliverock; 05-29-2009 at 08:41 AM.

05-29-2009, 11:54 AM #14
    When the Boneyard first started it did play Southern Rock bands. Then there was a backlash against anything that was FM Classic Rock. Those bands were all moved to Deep Tracks and Classic Rock hits channels.

I love ZZ Top and Blackfoot, but it seems weird hearing them side by side with the Metal bands.

Nothing wrong with Cheap Trick and Billy Squier either.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Page 2 of 2 12