Page 1 of 2 12
    05-20-2009, 03:52 PM #1

No improvement on Boneyard

I've been waiting patiently but I still haven't noticed any improvement to the Boneyard programming. My recent emails to the programmers have gone un-answered. By my estimate, through listening and using Dogstar, the same 300-350 or so songs are being rotated recently on Boneyard. That is why the same songs are on everyday!

05-21-2009, 01:26 PM #2
    Let's create a list of songs you want to hear on the Boneyard. Then e-mail it to him.

Use dogstarradio or xmfan to see what's being played and what's not being played.

05-26-2009, 07:47 AM #3
    I too have not seen any change that is great when it comes to their song lists. Its the same old groups almost in the same order with the same old crap songs. When they are going to take Autograph and Billy Squire as well as Cheap Trick off The Bonehead is the question of the year. I have come to the conclusion that simple song list are made by simple minded people.
    Once again I will say BRING BACK BUZZSAW and get the variety of great kick ass Rock-n-Roll on the airwaves.

05-26-2009, 08:47 AM #4

Sent To Bodhi@xmradio.com

Good Morning,

Let me start out by saying that I have been a subscriber to Sirius for several years and overall have been satisfied. Since the merger which resulted in Buzzsaw being removed I have become frustrated with the song selections on Classic Vinyl, Classic Rewind, Deep Track, and the Boneyard. The groups that were played on these stations before the merger have become a thing of the past. No more mix of Classic, Southern, Blues, Heavy Metal music. Now The Boneyard has become a steady rotation of the same groups that as a whole are great but some groups just don’t belong in that genre. Cheap Trick as well as Billy Squire and Autograph are 3 of the groups that are hardly Hard and Heavy.

When the playlists were made before the merger, the variety that was The Buzzsaw kicked ass and that’s the truth. I rarely changed the station unless one of the Artists or songs I had saved came up. Now there is no more Gator Country, Dreams, Stone Blue, Green Grass, You Could Be Mine, Tightrope, Back On The Road Again, just to name a few of my saved songs.

The Vinyl, Rewind, and Deep Tracks have just gone straight down the tubes since the merger as well. If the program managers would take a listen to the people that are listening maybe things would be different. Priest on Classic Rewind? No I don’t think so. Deep Tracks is the GREATEST disappointment of them all. When it was the vault at least they played songs that rocked. Now its just 25 minute long songs that could put a 3 year old to sleep in a matter of minutes.

Now I know that no playlist is going to make all listeners happy but The Boneyard is the first station you need to start with. Then work on the Vinyl and Rewind.

In closing I would like to say that as a whole I am not happy with Sirius/XM at all and find myself listening to more of Howard Stern and the comedy channels than the music stations. I only wish that I could spend a week with the music directors and discuss their selections. I look forward to hearing from you as well as anyone that welcomes my input.

Have a great day

05-26-2009, 03:56 PM #5
    Van Zant,

Do you want to hear Gator Country, Dreams, Stone Blue, Green Grass, You Could Be Mine, Tightrope, Back On The Road Again?

Listen to FM Classic Rock Radio! They've been playing the same songs for well over 20 years.

I thought Buzzsaw sucked and I like Hard Rock music! It was programmed like a FM Classic Rock station.

The old XM Boneyard played Classic 70's Metal & Hard, 80's Hard Rock & Metal, Pre-NWOBHM & NWOBHM, Thrash Metal, Power/Prog Metal, and NEW MUSIC!!!!! Now look what the Sirius people turned the Boneyard into. It's really sad.

It seems like you Sirius guys are pissed, well so are a lot of XM guys. We were the majority and we got screwed over! We had some pretty good stations and Sirius watered them down to try and please you guys.

XM was all about deep playlists and now we get the Sirius tiny playlist treatment. WTF?

05-26-2009, 04:33 PM #6
    I came to Sirius to get a taste of great Rock-n-Roll with no comercials and thats what I had before the merger. You remember the merger don't you? The merger that brought the programming directors and DJ's from XM and as we watched them screw things up, the playlists went straight down the drain. Crappy DJ's are on The Boneyard and the better ones were on Buzzsaw. Once again everyone has their own opinion and this is mine.
    BONEYARD SUCKS & BUZZSAW ROCKED
    Last edited by vanzant77; 05-26-2009 at 04:35 PM.

05-26-2009, 06:22 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzant77 View Post
    I came to Sirius to get a taste of great Rock-n-Roll with no comercials and thats what I had before the merger. You remember the merger don't you? The merger that brought the programming directors and DJ's from XM and as we watched them screw things up, the playlists went straight down the drain. Crappy DJ's are on The Boneyard and the better ones were on Buzzsaw. Once again everyone has their own opinion and this is mine.
    BONEYARD SUCKS & BUZZSAW ROCKED

Boneyard now is still better than Buzzsaw ever was and that's not saying much.

Sirius took over XM not the other way around. It's the Sirius programming philosphy that has screwed things up. You know it right? Tight playlists, lots of song repetition, and zero creative programming. That's Sirius for you!

DJ's? Who gives a shit about DJ's? I'm pissed about the conservative playlist.

I want more variety of artists in the Hard Rock and Metal genres. I'm not sure what you want, but based on the songs that mentioned the Boneyard is a little to heavy for you. The station was designed to be a Hard Rock/Metal station for day #1. Buzzsaw was a FM Classic Rock hits channel.

05-27-2009, 06:03 AM #8
    When BUZZSAW was on Sirius I didn't hear to many people complaining. The Sirius company took over the company but the management such as Program directors came from XM.

05-27-2009, 10:59 AM #9
    Boneyard is advertised as "The Home for Classic Hard Rock". Well then it should stick to classic hard rock. I enjoyed Buzzsaw much more than the current Boneyard. I realize that the "old" Boneyard fans got screwed too. But I want a real classic hard rock channel without the cheesy pop rock! Let the cheese slide over to Hair Nation. In my opinion the new Boneyard cut out a great deal of classic hard rock artists from the Buzzsaw playlist and added a bunch of crap artists! In fact the suits probably should have mergered the old Boneyard with Hair Nation and called it Limberger, The home of stinky cheese rock!

05-27-2009, 11:23 AM #10
    vanzant77 wrote:
    "The groups that were played on these stations before the merger have become a thing of the past. No more mix of Classic, Southern, Blues, Heavy Metal music."

Hey vanzant77 I just heard Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers by ZZ Top on Boneyard! And I saw on DogStar that a Skynyrd tune was played early in the AM. I'm shocked. Let's hope things are changing for the better.

Page 1 of 2 12