Page 1 of 7 123 ...
    Guru
    05-21-2009, 08:52 AM #1

SIRI intraday Thursday 05-21-09

I created this thread in likeness of previous daily threads...now go forth and rejoice....

Enthusiast
    05-21-2009, 09:08 AM #2

Sirius flat or down which is it

now go forth and rejoice....

about what?

Addict
    05-21-2009, 09:10 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post

about what?
    that we're not at 7 cents.

Guru
    05-21-2009, 09:15 AM #4
    i thought this was rejoicable, tim w. posted it in yesterdays thread

Sirius XM boss Mel Karmazin says “We’re #1.”
    #1 radio company, by virtue of topping Clear Channel’s radio division in first-quarter revenues ($605 million to $603.5 million). And #1 in the world, since America’s largest radio company is almost by definition the world’s largest radio company. Of course Sirius XM and Clear Channel create their revenues in very different ways. Almost all the satcaster's $605 million is from subscription fees. Very little of it’s from advertising – the lifeblood of a traditional

05-21-2009, 09:17 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post

about what?
    I agree. There is nothing to rejoice about. SIRI has honestly been a disappointment lately. There doesn't seem to be any news drawing investors in. We are at a standstill or continue to pull back day after day. The other day's 10% gain was smoke in mirrors.

Will the iPhone app be a game changer, or has it already factored itself into the stock price? This is pretty much all we have going right now, and its NOT GOING TO BE RELEASED UNTIL OS 3.0 IS OUT. SO EVERYONE STOP ASKING WHEN.

OS 3.0 will allow apps to create subscription processes after being downloaded. SIRI has no reason to launch the app now with 2.0 lacking that ability. Although it WILL be FREE, they are going to want a commitment or revenue to be driven from it. So therefore the WWDC starts I believe June 9th or so. At that point as they discuss the power of subscriptions, I'm sure they will mention SIRIXM app IF ITS OUT.

To be honest this would be their best method of advertising this bad boy. Let's face it, the Iphone is not a cheap device to both buy and maintain through AT&Ts phone service. Users who have one aren't CHEAP. They understand that quality is everything. I have no fear that current SIRIXM subs and non subs will sign up at a low monthly cost of $3.99.

NO ONE CURRENTLY READING THIS HAS A SUBSCRIPTION TO ANYTHING THAT IS UNDER $8.99/month. SO WHY NOT PAY $47.88/year to get the best radio around. We spend more than that sitting at the bar on a friday night drinking away the shitty week we just had watching SIRI bounce up and down. HAHA
    Last edited by debber1212; 05-21-2009 at 02:43 PM.

Enthusiast
    05-21-2009, 09:20 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    i thought this was rejoicable, tim w. posted it in yesterdays thread
    did you use the link above it....mels trying to rally his forces,tom went on to say sirius also is still advertising its own stations unlike many others within the industry, which is true

Guru
    05-21-2009, 09:22 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by debber1212 View Post
    I agree. There is nothing to rejoice about. SIRI has honestly been a disappointment lately. There doesn't seem to be any news drawing investors in. We are at a standstill or continue to pull back day after day. The other day's 10% gain was smoke in mirrors.

Will the iPhone app be a game changer, or has it already factored itself into the stock price? This is pretty much all we have going right now, and its NOT GOING TO BE RELEASED UNTIL OS 3.0 IS OUT. SO EVERYONE STOP ASKING WHEN.

OS 3.0 will allow apps to create subscription processes after being downloaded. SIRI has no reason to launch the app now with 2.0 lacking that ability. Although it WILL be FREE, they are going to want a commitment or revenue to be driven from it. So therefore the WWDC starts I believe June 9th or so. At that point as they discuss the power of subscriptions, I'm sure they will mention SIRIXM app IF ITS OUT.

To be honest this would be their best method of advertising this bad boy. Let's face it, the Iphone is not a cheap device to both buy and maintain through AT&Ts phone service. Users who have one aren't CHEAP. They understand that quality is everything. I have no fear that current SIRIXM subs and non subs will sign up at a low monthly cost of $3.99.

NO ONE CURRENTLY READING THIS HAS A SUBSCRIPTION TO ANYTHING THAT IS UNDER $10/month. SO WHY NOT PAY $47.88/year to get the best radio around. We spend more than that sitting at the bar on a friday night drinking away the shitty week we just had watching SIRI bounce up and down. HAHA
    Great Post! You have me rolling!

Enthusiast
    05-21-2009, 09:28 AM #8

from inside media jerry has point

heres the link trouble ahead for car radio

its worth reading imho and think with telematics it becomes a bigger issue based on quality of content and which cell services get bundled into the dashboard device.

Enthusiast
    05-21-2009, 09:42 AM #9
    debber1212 and underway...

...too funny! The sad part it is also true. I might be at the bar Friday night drinking away the shitty week we just had watching SIRI bounce up and down...if I hadn't invested all my drinkin' money into SIRI when it was .45.

Yes, it appears as though no matter what positive spin is put on any news coming out about SXM it draws no interest. It can't get a break.

To use SIRI: Open and lather ever so slightly then rinse quickly. Repeat as neccesary.
    Last edited by mrmertz; 05-21-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: added info

05-21-2009, 09:52 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    debber1212 and underway...

...too funny! The sad part it is also true. I might be at the bar Friday night drinking away the shitty week we just had watching SIRI bounce up and down...if I hadn't invested all my drinkin' money into SIRI when it was .45...
    Listen, don't worry about buying at .45. Not a big deal. I truly believe that it will break a $1 before year end. I know I know, so what you double your money big deal. However once it breaks a buck then hopefully these crazy swings will come to an end.

Whatever you do, DON'T SELL and try to wait for a drop then get in lower. This is what's killing us all. Relax sit back and let history prove it repeats itself.

Page 1 of 7 123 ...