Page 3 of 12 12345 ...
    05-18-2009, 04:38 PM #21
    Hey Bill, sorry I havent been around much lately been a really busy couple weeks for me and I havent seen anything I was crazy about lately...

I'd be careful with OCNF its been climbing the past 3 days and I'm guessing will be up early tomorrow but many of the stocks I have been watching have been rallying into the quarterly results and then taking a nose dive so be prepared to take profits tomorrow, since the results come out after the bell tomorrow and cc on wed. morning. I dont know the fundementals on the stock so it may still be a great buy tomorrow but judging by the other stocks recently I'm predicting a pullback late tomorrow/early wed.

Enthusiast
    05-18-2009, 04:40 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock Magician View Post
    Xitvp,
    I think you made a good move with HIMX they are already up .10 today. Yeah!

Looks like Bill's prediction of SSCCQ going a little lower is coming true. Interesting.

BEHL also taking a drop today. Darn it. The market is up 150+ but these two are down . . .hmmmm. Of course with BEHL its hard to take serious when there is only 3.2M in volume. What is that . . . 3 orders.

Looks like SIRI is resisting .30 and OCNF is on fire.... wish I would have bought at 1.45 now.

I sure wish I could find a crystal ball. I'll go look on EBAY. Be back in a few.

Happy Hunting

HIMX up to $3.00 AH.....

Guru
    05-18-2009, 04:48 PM #23

Hey Matt

We are glad to have you around whenever you can be, and of course you can always email me. I have made a few half-assed hearted attempts at buying some issues, but nothing has grabbed me for quite a while.

I would like to get EGT.

OCNF is not acting normal, and neither is FREE, so there is something in the water.

I have been preaching pullback for quite a while now, but with your information, it may add proof to the pudding.

Nothing right now has me excited, so I am am being really really cheap and just waiting. The pullback will happen and I want to be in cash when it does.

If you run across anything exciting, give me a yell. Great to hear from you!

Bill

Guru
    05-18-2009, 04:50 PM #24

Himx

Quote Originally Posted by xitvp View Post
    HIMX up to $3.00 AH.....
    Rock on!!

Enthusiast
    Joined: May 2009 Location: In the nether regions of the ethernet Posts: 147
    05-18-2009, 08:40 PM #25
    Xitvp,

Looks like HIMX is on fire. I am thinking we should take our profits tomorrow. It is a great jump, but I have a feeling like Bill and the others, we are going to have a pull back this week. Especially after a +235 jump in the market. Maybe not tomorrow but sometime this week.

Bill,
    Every time you say Dry bulk carriers I get a little excited. Keeping my eye on OCNF and FREE.

I hope everyone had a good day... I am looking forward to Tuesday.

Happy Hunting everyone

Enthusiast
    05-18-2009, 09:26 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock Magician View Post
    Xitvp,

Looks like HIMX is on fire. I am thinking we should take our profits tomorrow. It is a great jump, but I have a feeling like Bill and the others, we are going to have a pull back this week. Especially after a +235 jump in the market. Maybe not tomorrow but sometime this week.

Bill,
    Every time you say Dry bulk carriers I get a little excited. Keeping my eye on OCNF and FREE.

I hope everyone had a good day... I am looking forward to Tuesday.

Happy Hunting everyone
    Stock Mag,

Ya know, I was going to ask you whether you thought we should take the profits tomorrow or if there may be a bit more gas left in the run....

I may take the profits early and wait for the pullback like Bill is suggesting may happen. I agree with him.

I still have one eye on Siri...This terrible run has to end and I would think it would start up at least a bit. There was no news that was so bad to have caused this drop in Siri. Whether it will effect the bottom line or not is certainly debateable, but the anticipation of an announcement of the Iphone App I feel will cause a quick pop in the SP....It may not be a bad idea to buy down here and sell on the Iphone news.....

I'm also still keeping an eye on OCNF and CLWR....

Thanks again for turning me on to HIMX!!

Goes to show how powerful forums like these can be if people get together and discuss oppinions.....

Kudo's to Bill for keeping this thing going!

Guru
    05-18-2009, 09:50 PM #27

Pullback

Matt (Stang302) feels the same thing (look on previous page). I don't know for certain, but stocks are just not acting right at the moment.

I have never seen the drys in such a weird pattern. They go horseshoe shaped and up and then turn down. Everything is hitting a resistance in my opinion. The stocks just can't knife through so far. It has been like this for a week or more. I think the market is just trying to put off the inevitable. That is just my opinion though. In addition, volume is really really low in all of the markets.

As you all ready know, summer-time is traditionally slow, but I can't see it being traditional like other years, because everybody is so geared up into what is going to happen with the markets. If this were a true bull market, like previous years, people would go on vacation and forget it for a while and collect dividends.

If you look at the DOW and the Nasdaq, you will see the MACD on the NASDAQ is bearish right now and the DOW has just bearly broken bearish in the last day or two. That explains a lot of it, but with all the CC's this week, like Matt said, it could be time for a dip. Look at them both on www.stockcharts.com if you want.

So glean and estrapolate from there and form your own opinion. I am taking this all in low gear at the present time....Getting ready to "Sting like a bee!", lol.

If anybody has any good stocks, please post them.

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 05-18-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Guru
    05-18-2009, 11:14 PM #28

CC's and such

Here is the scoop for tomorrow 5/19/2009. It should be a whip-saw day.

From the URL: http://www.stockstobuy.org/profiles/...et-may-19-2009

Economic Data

Building Permits - 8:30am EST
    Housing Starts - 8:30am EST

Regarding the housing starts, Wall Street expectes 527K vs the March reading of 510K.

Earnings

Home Depot Inc HD 0.29 - 8am
    JA Solar Holdings JASO -0.05 - 8am
    Solarfun Power SOLF -0.17 - 8am
    Hewlett-Packard HPQ 0.86 - 4pm
    OCEANFREIGHT OCNF 0.01 - 4pm

OCNF is right in the middle of them!

And more throughout the week! I will be keeping my eyes wide open!

Since I am pimpin this guy's site, I am sure he won't want to kill me for posting the above. I have followed him for a long long time.

You can sign up for his daily newsletter on the market @ http://daytradingstockblog.blogspot.com/

It is the finest and most informative newsletter/blog that I have ever found on the net. He will send it every day. What a service he does!

Bill

Guru
    05-18-2009, 11:46 PM #29

Here is something that makes sense - long

Read the news stories if you have a chance. Here is a real opportunity from what I can see so far. Let me know what your opinions on this are, please.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=B...urce=undefined

Have a great night....time for a shot and bed

Bill

Enthusiast
    Joined: May 2009 Location: In the nether regions of the ethernet Posts: 147
    05-19-2009, 09:54 AM #30
    Hello Everyone,

It is another morning of great trading. Hope every one is ready to seize the day. HIMX was so promising in AH and now they are sliding back down. Did not get a chance to sell yet. <sigh>

Keeping an eye on those Dry Bulk Carriers . . . . .

Hope everyone has a profitable day.

Page 3 of 12 12345 ...