Page 1 of 2 12
    05-19-2009, 09:43 PM #1

Purchased a Merge Radio but......

I just received my Merge Radio today 5/19/09 I have tried contacting Xm regarding the boombox that was pictured with the unit 1 week ago, to my dismay I have been told that there is NO BOOMBOX for this radio despite what was pictured with the unit, I know am faced with the dilema of returning this unit, can anyone shed any light on this?

Addict
    05-19-2009, 10:10 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Surging High View Post
    I just received my Merge Radio today 5/19/09 I have tried contacting Xm regarding the boombox that was pictured with the unit 1 week ago, to my dismay I have been told that there is NO BOOMBOX for this radio despite what was pictured with the unit, I know am faced with the dilema of returning this unit, can anyone shed any light on this?
    The boombox will come at some point, so just enjoy the radio with the home and/or car kits in the mean time.

Head Honcho
    05-19-2009, 10:42 PM #3
    Upon further review... I can see the dock under accessories for that unit. See attached.

Clicking that link takes me no where... like the product does not exist. Maybe they are out of stock? Did they drop the product totally? I am guessing that it has not been released yet since it has been mentioned in their press releases.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-19-2009, 11:07 PM #4
    We get calls for the Mirge which is weird because it's an exclusive to Sirius.com and XMRadio.com and we can't carry it

But that sound system pictured is the XM Compact Sound System. It comes with a set of plastic guides or connectors with it, and I doubt the Mirge piece is included, but if you don't mind the look of it without the black plastic guide I'm sure it will work fine on the connector without one. But usually how this stuff works it they start to include the guide pieces for the new radio in the more recent shipments of it. That or they will sell the guide pieces separate.

The XM Boomboxes have always been a bit more flexible in terms of designing their Boomboxes to work with multiple lines of radios, unlike the SIRIUS ones where they pigeon hole them into only working with one of a few radios. IE the SUBX2 won't fit a Sportster 3 or Sportster 4 on it.

Head Honcho
    05-19-2009, 11:26 PM #5
    Taylor....

Thank You so much for stopping by.

Readers, this is Taylor from TSS Radio. They are a site sponsor, and have the best customer service out there. The fact that he stops in here from time to time shows his dedication. He is even answering questions about a radio he does not carry!

Thank you TSS
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    05-20-2009, 12:32 AM #6
    Tyler

Agree 100%. TSS outstanding customer service. come to think of it...Taylor...are you available to train the CSR of SiriusXM...they need some help.

taylor...thanks for the quick turnaround on my XMP3 purchase. Received it in 4 days!!!!

05-20-2009, 11:25 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Tyler

Agree 100%. TSS outstanding customer service. come to think of it...Taylor...are you available to train the CSR of SiriusXM...they need some help.

taylor...thanks for the quick turnaround on my XMP3 purchase. Received it in 4 days!!!!
    Thanks. And speaking of needing help, we are getting some XMp3 cases made since Pioneer hasn't and this product has been out since Nov.

BTW, I might have to just buy a Mirge just to answer questions about it that lead nowhere in sales cuz we can't sell it

Mentor
    05-20-2009, 11:59 PM #8
    Tom

What kind of case are you talking about for the XMP3?

05-21-2009, 06:32 PM #9
    A case similar to the armband cases for the Stilettos.

I ordered a Mirge Radio to play around with. I think the sound system is supposed to be specific to the Mirge which isn't what I thought, but I will know soon.

Mentor
    05-21-2009, 06:57 PM #10
    Tom

How long before you have the cases available?

Page 1 of 2 12