Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    Enthusiast
    05-19-2009, 03:31 PM #31
    "Sat itself is mostly paid for with 15 mil owed tied up in Arbitration for delayed cost penalty by laural..."

sat is paid for! sirius wants fifteen million back.......

Mentor
    05-19-2009, 03:34 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post
    "Sat itself is mostly paid for with 15 mil owed tied up in Arbitration for delayed cost penalty by laural..."

sat is paid for! sirius wants fifteen million back.......

Thanks Tim,that is what i meant to say,typed it wrong...

Guru
    05-19-2009, 03:57 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Actually it is smart bussiness practice,take all the bad news at once if losing money anyway...
    I agree.

I can't wait until the news is only good, its coming...

Head Honcho
    05-19-2009, 03:58 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    Hello , just thought I would throw this out there for what it's worth.

I have and do read through all the available forums to get the best info I can on this stock. I do not post much and spend most of my time reading what the smarter folks have to say. I do have to say though , just from the outside looking in , it seems that this sight has become a place to argue and bash each other and the " other sight " rather than communicate about the stock like it use to be. Sometimes when you come here now you just wonder " who will be bashing who today ". It is apparant that some here definately have a chip on their shoulder about the " other sight " and seem to have issues with people who post there . It is just sad to see a sight that was once filled with good people and good intentions fall to the wayside because of all bickering and personal attacks on each other.
    Amen......

Let me say that there were some things that needed to be aired out. At one point there was a series of "underground" movements that were calling this sites credibilty into question. I did nothing and said nothing for 3 weeks with regard to these activities. If finally got to a point where something had to be said.

I apologize that these activites cluttered the forums here, and know that these happenings will soon die down. I look forward to the day where discussion about the stock is a normal event. IMO that day will soon be back
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Guru
    05-19-2009, 04:03 PM #35
    well we got the close we wanted, we will head back up ah, dont let that little dip scare you was no big deal. should be back into the .40's soon hopefully .50's

Addict
    05-19-2009, 04:15 PM #36

Very confusing! Anyone care to translate?

Will Best Buy Kill Apple, Microsoft, and Sirius XM?
    By Rick Aristotle Munarriz
    May 19, 2009 | Comments (5)

Poor Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT). Just days after positioning its fledgling Zune Pass as a superior value to Apple's (Nasdaq: AAPL) iTunes Music Store, Best Buy's (NYSE: BBY) Napster is introducing new math.

"One costs a lot, and one costs a little," celebrity financial advisor Wes Moss proclaims in the new Zune Pass ads. He points out how Zune's $14.99 monthly music subscription plan offers unlimited music access. He then compares it with a 120-gigabye iPod that would require $30,000 in piecemeal purchases from iTunes to load it up with 30,000 songs.

The comparison was flawed on many levels, but now even Microsoft's math has blown up in its face. Napster is rolling out a new service this week for unlimited PC-based streams for just $5 a month. It also comes with five free MP3 downloads every month. Sure, the Zune Pass offers 10 free song downloads, but Napster's tracks are free of digital rights management.

Yes, Napster's service is limited to online streaming. You'll have to pay $14.99 a month if you want to make it truly portable through a wide range of media players. Then again, Zune Pass is really only portable through Zune players. Have one? Probably not. The device is a distant third in sales behind Apple's iPod and SanDisk's (Nasdaq: SNDK) Sansa.

In short, we can bring Moss back to compare Zune Pass with the new $5 Napster plan.

"One costs a lot, and one costs a little."

An Apple a day
    Microsoft isn't the only one that should worry. Look over that value proposition again. Five songs for five bucks is what you would probably wind up paying for downloads through Apple's iTunes. If you can get the same five songs, along with online streaming of Napster's 7 million-track catalog, why not just go with Napster?

Sure, the iTunes ecosystem is ironclad. It is convenient and ubiquitous. It rocks. However, if Microsoft is even somewhat effective in getting Apple-holics to consider its streaming plans, it would simply be setting up the volleyball for Napster's value-minded spike.

Because these are unrestricted MP3s that Napster is dispensing, they will play on that iPod you're cradling.

Time to get Sirius
    Napster's not just aiming at Apple and Microsoft. The $5 monthly plan includes access to 60 commercial-free music stations and 1,400 programmed playlists, for those moments when you want to discover new music instead of simply replaying your favorites.

Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) is charging $12.95 a month for Web-streamed programming, and it isn't including any downloads in the deal (not yet, anyway). Sirius XM offers plenty of proprietary content as a welcome differentiator, but here comes Napster, pricing its service as if it were a foot-long sandwich.

How did Napster do it? It bowled one ball but managed to land strikes in three lanes.

Your move, everyone else
    If there is anything surprising about this story it's that Best Buy is the one pulling the strings. It acquired Napster last year in a $121 million deal.

Best Buy sells quite a bit of Microsoft software and Windows-propelled computers. It's a leading retailer of Sirius and XM satellite receivers. It is also so important in Apple's eyes that it became the first third-party chain to sell iPhones, beyond Apple and AT&T (NYSE: T) shops.

The consumer electronics chain has played a weak hand in digital music until now. It has been nearly three years since it teamed up with SanDisk and Rhapsody parent RealNetworks (Nasdaq: RNWK) to launch the Best Buy Digital Music Store. You probably missed it, though it's still there.

Buying Napster for just a little more than the service's cash on hand seemed like a decent value, but now it's being repositioned into a decent opportunity.

Napster may not succeed in taking down the bigger giants, but you can almost predict what will happen.

Microsoft will have to roll out a more aggressively priced Zune Pass service.
    Apple will have to finally throw its hat into the music subscription services ring.
    Sirius XM will need to beef up its digital offering. It can either offer free downloads -- ideally of proprietary content to really stand out -- or team up with an existing subscription service to offer a more complete package.
    Napster is moving the cheese the way it did during the brand's renegade peer-to-peer days. The only difference now is that it's moving it legally and brilliantly.

05-19-2009, 04:52 PM #37
    Underway,

What I got from that was that Napster is trying to cut out Zune and iPod for obtaining the music. The music still has/gets to be played on said MS and Apple devices. Unless Napster is coming out w/ a MP3 device.... As far as SIRI is concerned, it really shouldn't be. There are two aspects that SIRI is offering that the lower cost Napster can't provide (not now at least). 1. is talk radio and broadcasted events such as sports. 2. SATRAD demo are kind of lazy when it comes to the listening experience so an easier medium of paid content justifies the cost along with current releases from latest artists. With Napster you still have to download, organize, and maintain play lists and what not with mp3's, (it's been mentioned before here). And when you download a song that's it, you have to actively look for updated products from that artist versus just listening to it when it comes out on SATRAD.

05-19-2009, 06:03 PM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    ewww look at that, looks like my timing was pretty good eh?
    Great timing Tripp!
    Welcome back in.
    Julie

Guru
    05-19-2009, 08:02 PM #39
    ah closed at .3768, looking good for tommorow hopefully we can kiss goodbye to the .30's

Addict
    05-19-2009, 10:05 PM #40
    Anybody know what caused the interest in the stock and pop up today ? It went from slow bleeding to increase in volume just when you least expected.

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345