Page 2 of 2 12
    05-19-2009, 09:56 AM #11
    I just picked up 10k @ .342 and I need to add 5k more in the next few days. I will be at a full position then and will wait for good news if it exists. We are climbing out of this hole today! Pre-market 4%, we are taking it back by days end. Good Luck all.

Mentor
    05-19-2009, 09:59 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I just picked up 10k @ .342 and I need to add 5k more in the next few days. I will be at a full position then and will wait for good news if it exists. We are climbing out of this hole today! Pre-market 4%, we are taking it back by days end. Good Luck all.
    ahh, good info from the mind of a patient investor. Good job ben. Tripps..... Come on... you two have been silent for days.... someone start some crap...!!!

Enthusiast
    05-19-2009, 11:07 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    pandora is like Jack in the Box....
    SiriusXM is like a fine steak house.
    Mentioning pandora as a "competitor" to siriusxm is like mentioning listening to the wind blow instead of satrd is competition.
    This is probably a fair comparison, but which do you think brings in more revenue? You got it. Jack - about 7 to 1.

You can have the best product, but unless you market it correctly you will get supplanted by an inferior more aggressive provider of the basic demand.
    Usually by figuring out how to deliver the core needs in a much broader and simpler manner. I am of course not suggesting that Jack would replace Ruth when it comes to steak, but both customers walk out with full stomachs. Jack just markets to fill more stomachs.

IMHO, SXM is sitting on their thumbs regarding marketing. Since competitors cannot compete with the installed Satrad contracts, they ar finding other ways to get into the vehicles through the customers personal devices. SIRI better get off their ass and start thinking like "Jack", but deliver a product like "Ruth".

Mentor
    05-19-2009, 11:13 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    This is probably a fair comparison, but which do you think brings in more revenue? You got it. Jack - about 7 to 1.

You can have the best product, but unless you market it correctly you will get supplanted by an inferior more aggressive provider of the basic demand.
    Usually by figuring out how to deliver the core needs in a much broader and simpler manner. I am of course not suggesting that Jack would replace Ruth when it comes to steak, but both customers walk out with full stomachs. Jack just markets to fill more stomachs.

IMHO, SXM is sitting on their thumbs regarding marketing. Since competitors cannot compete with the installed Satrad contracts, they ar finding other ways to get into the vehicles through the customers personal devices. SIRI better get off their ass and start thinking like "Jack", but deliver a product like "Ruth".
    i agree. heres my thinking on this as well...frito lay example is my point in agreement. Being the best is IRRELEVANT. But it HELPS.
    Marketing... marketing.. marketing... but beyond that.... I would demand a better contract from Ford for simply offering an alternative in their vehicle. or give them a better deal to not allow that kind of technology in the car in the first place. nip it in the bud... Pandora cant compete money wise... Siriusxm needs to use that leverage to their advantage, like they used the money they made of Doritos, to kill their competition in other chip markets. once again, a bad product too....

Page 2 of 2 12