Page 1 of 6 123 ...
    Guru
    05-17-2009, 10:41 PM #1

SIRI Intraday Thread: Monday May 18

Can the downtrend end plz.

bashers galore.

http://thiscommercialsucks.blogspot....64097072093532

im trying to do my best to defend the siri name but i need some help heh. this guy is a clear basher with his facts all turned about. plz some1 help me give him an ass kicking heh.

05-18-2009, 12:48 AM #2
    Next Generation iPhone May Have FM Transmission Capabilities.
    Apple WWDC 2009 Dates Set: June 8-12

http://gizmodo.com/tag/new-iphone/

Release of SXM iPhone application scheduled around June 8th.. Any guess??
    Last edited by Far Away; 05-18-2009 at 01:10 AM.

Addict
    05-18-2009, 08:33 AM #3

Trouble brewing for 'free' internet radio?

This article from WSJ supports some of what I've been saying about internet advertising, and does NOT bode well for the "free" internet radio model. And, notice the last paragraph about 'subscription based' biz models.

"Not Enough Slices In Web Ad-Dollar Pie

The Internet-ad business is a little like a Mini Cooper. There is a limit to the number of people who can squeeze inside.

Anyone looking to start an ad-supported Web site should remember that. While the amount of potential ad inventory that can be created in new Web pages is virtually limitless, that isn't true for the amount of ad dollars available.

Yet newspapers, magazines and TV outlets are each vying with Web-only concerns for a piece of the action. There are even some media companies that historically didn't sell ads. Vivendi's Universal Music Group, for instance, is ramping up its recent online-ad effort with a new music Web site. Oversupply of inventory could be particularly brutal for pricing.

Rising competition for ad dollars isn't an Internet-only phenomenon, of course. Phone companies, for instance, have their eyes on advertising both online and off. But the Web has only a small piece of the overall ad pie.

Consider: Between 2006 and 2008, ad spending on traditional media dropped 4.8%, or $6.7 billion, to $132.2 billion, according to TNS Media Intelligence. Ad spending on the Internet rose by almost exactly the same amount, $6.6 billion, to $23.5 billion, estimates PricewaterhouseCoopers.

The losers were newspapers and radio companies, which suffered almost all the erosion. The winners? Google and Yahoo, which took 47% of online-ad revenue in 2008, estimates eMarketer.

There are signs that traditional media are sensibly starting to put more emphasis on subscription-based business models. That, more than simply scrapping over a limited pool of ad dollars, increasingly looks like the future.

Write to Martin Peers at martin.peers@wsj.com "

05-18-2009, 08:36 AM #4
    Just read an interesting article concerning i phone app.This will sell phones....and maybe a few Subs. as well. I was thinking that Siri had more content than just Howard Stern,seems as though I was wrong. HE really is running Siri NOT Mel K.They better be REAL nice to him. He doesn't need them they NEED HIM. I am not a real big fan of his,but he is an awfully big part of this company,whether people like it or not. Good thing he has 2 years left on his contract.(Hopefully I will recoup my money by then.) When he retires,and he probably will,it is going to have a very big impact on this company. Siri will probably be up 2 cents today.

05-18-2009, 08:40 AM #5
    Whats up Trip? The bashing is everywhere. I am looking for a bottom around .29, although I will look to enter around .30-.32, thats low enough for me. If we start up this week I would pick some shares off at .365. I am moving into a full position this week just because of all the overall sentiment on SIRI. The CC was a disaster. The smoke has cleared and SIRI looks pretty bad, once again. Just like the day before the CC, all optimism coupled with a two day 25% return, to me it looked obvious we were about to get slaughtered. Now things look the other way...were dropping everyday...Mel still sucks...the economy still sucks..MB Bike week was the worst in forty years..no joke....forclosures are still rising...things are bad. All signs point to a massive market pull back, it might be viscous. MSM is doing an amazing job on spinning all the bad news, its the best I have ever seen. The only reason I can find to buy this stock is the lack of a reason. IMVHO, market pulls back and we don't participate or we are one of the lone green stocks on the board. SIRI is the most unpredictable stock I have ever watched in 13yrs. Good luck all.
    I still have to go to work Trip, I wish your theory would have come true...dollar land. LOL. MB article..sorry about the long post.

By Aisha Khan
    WBTW Reporter
    Published: May 17, 2009

If you live along the Grand Strand, you’ve no doubt, noticed a significant decrease in bikers riding around; specifically in the City of Myrtle Beach.

For some local business owners like Victor Shamah that was bad news. Shamah owns the Bowery on 9th Avenue and said that his business is taking a major hit from not having enough bikers come into town this week that’s a loss he said that he just cannot afford to take in this tough economy.

“I’ve been on this street for over forty years I haven’t seen it like this in May in years and years and years and there’s nobody down, the traffic is not here, we just don’t know what to do,“ said Shamah.

Shamah went on to explain that his opinion as to what caused fewer bikers to come is split as to whether the new ordinances turned them off or whether it was the shaky economy.

“I have to blame partly the council, partly the way it was handled, the economy, I’m not to sure exactly what to blame and how they effected this,“ explained Shamah.

Shamah added that he still has a lot of local and out of town loyal customers, like Gary Cogswell of North Carolina who help keep his restaurant running.

Cogswell said that he and his wife have been coming to he beach as part of bike week for over 20 years but never has seen anything this bad.

“It’s almost like a ghost town, we come here just to have fun and it’s really almost sad,“ said Cogswell.

As News 13 reported last week, business has picked up further south on the Strand where restrictions aren’t as tight, but what’s been good for merchants there has put owners like Shamah in a tight spot.

“We want them to come we hope they come back and we think that we can resolve this issue hopefully for the next few years,” said Shamah.

Mentor
    05-18-2009, 08:56 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Whats up Trip? The bashing is everywhere. I am looking for a bottom around .29, although I will look to enter around .30-.32, thats low enough for me. If we start up this week I would pick some shares off at .365. I am moving into a full position this week just because of all the overall sentiment on SIRI. The CC was a disaster. The smoke has cleared and SIRI looks pretty bad, once again. Just like the day before the CC, all optimism coupled with a two day 25% return, to me it looked obvious we were about to get slaughtered. Now things look the other way...were dropping everyday...Mel still sucks...the economy still sucks..MB Bike week was the worst in forty years..no joke....forclosures are still rising...things are bad. All signs point to a massive market pull back, it might be viscous. MSM is doing an amazing job on spinning all the bad news, its the best I have ever seen. The only reason I can find to buy this stock is the lack of a reason. IMVHO, market pulls back and we don't participate or we are one of the lone green stocks on the board. SIRI is the most unpredictable stock I have ever watched in 13yrs. Good luck all.
    I still have to go to work Trip, I wish your theory would have come true...dollar land. LOL. MB article..sorry about the long post.

By Aisha Khan
    WBTW Reporter
    Published: May 17, 2009

If you live along the Grand Strand, you’ve no doubt, noticed a significant decrease in bikers riding around; specifically in the City of Myrtle Beach.

For some local business owners like Victor Shamah that was bad news. Shamah owns the Bowery on 9th Avenue and said that his business is taking a major hit from not having enough bikers come into town this week that’s a loss he said that he just cannot afford to take in this tough economy.

“I’ve been on this street for over forty years I haven’t seen it like this in May in years and years and years and there’s nobody down, the traffic is not here, we just don’t know what to do,“ said Shamah.

Shamah went on to explain that his opinion as to what caused fewer bikers to come is split as to whether the new ordinances turned them off or whether it was the shaky economy.

“I have to blame partly the council, partly the way it was handled, the economy, I’m not to sure exactly what to blame and how they effected this,“ explained Shamah.

Shamah added that he still has a lot of local and out of town loyal customers, like Gary Cogswell of North Carolina who help keep his restaurant running.

Cogswell said that he and his wife have been coming to he beach as part of bike week for over 20 years but never has seen anything this bad.

“It’s almost like a ghost town, we come here just to have fun and it’s really almost sad,“ said Cogswell.

As News 13 reported last week, business has picked up further south on the Strand where restrictions aren’t as tight, but what’s been good for merchants there has put owners like Shamah in a tight spot.

“We want them to come we hope they come back and we think that we can resolve this issue hopefully for the next few years,” said Shamah.
    Stock market, ironically enough, to smart money, is the real inflation hedge. But they buy undervalued companies during huge bear markets like this to make their buys. They get the undervalued aspect, and the inflation aspect. Much better than bonds right now. This is a huge fundamental affecting the stock markets right now. Always doesnt matter soon what companies are doing. If they are making it, and appear at least capable of coming out the other side, their stocks will make large and dramatic recovers, still to come. If your a struggling company, you will be last to get new money. SiriusXM is in line, just not getting enough of that cash. Upgrades thank god, have not come yet. Who the hell wants to own a buy rated stock at .35 cents? Not me...

Mentor
    05-18-2009, 09:37 AM #7
    up 100 points so far Big ben....
    Come on, you dont have to bash the main markets too, just Siriusxm...
    I know you really want .30 cents.... Too bad..

05-18-2009, 09:44 AM #8
    After day trading my core last week I got all back in @ .36 this morning (I dumped everything @ .3709 last week) Now that I've gotten that out of my system I'll check back 2Q to see what my gamble has offered me.

Guru
    05-18-2009, 11:02 AM #9
    back in at .3529, feeling good about it. hopefully i dont have to hold as long as i did last time to make a profit

05-18-2009, 11:06 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    MB Bike week was the worst in forty years..no joke....
    What does this have to do with anything, especially SIRI stock?

The MB bike rallies were done in by an idiotic mayor and equally idiotic city council. Everybody knows that. They shot themselves in the collective feet.

Page 1 of 6 123 ...