Page 4 of 13 ... 23456 ...
    05-15-2009, 12:47 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by terrymr View Post
    There's no harm in suggesting that people buy stuff from the companies that advertise on your site. Asking people to click on Ads is a no-no.
    I would imagine it's in how it's said too. "Check out our advertisers"
    rather than click on our advertisers, would be acceptable?

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 12:48 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by terrymr View Post
    There's no harm in suggesting that people buy stuff from the companies that advertise on your site. Asking people to click on Ads is a no-no.
    I warned him not to do that. They stopped after that. They no longer mention it.

Enthusiast
    05-15-2009, 12:55 PM #33

ugh !

this is the only stock that bothers me. i have four others i need not worry about. although i have the least amount invested in SIRI , i would still like to invest in the company for 5 more years , but now, i'm beginning to think Mel is " suspect. "
    too many crowbars in my head. have a good day everybody.

pessimist< > optimists

Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 01:12 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    I would imagine it's in how it's said too. "Check out our advertisers"
    rather than click on our advertisers, would be acceptable?
    Exactly. It might be ok to say "go ahead and visit our advertisers IF they interest you" but even that is not ok by Google's standards. The issue is inhouse ad sales vs an ad agency representing you. We can say "visit and click on the tss-radio ad" all day (and you should!) because they privately advertise with us directly but, we can not say "click on our other advertisers" because that would be directly lining our pockets at the expense of others would would not be getting a return on that investment if you were blindly clicking an ad and then leaving the site.

If you are visiting a site you like and see an ad that interests you, don't be afraid to visit... that is exactly why they are there. Give credit when and where credit is due if something genuinely interests you.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 01:19 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I warned him not to do that. They stopped after that. They no longer mention it.

Now why in the hell would you do that?It's been my main problem with posting there,turning into Advice site from opinion site IMHO...
    Very slippery slope they are walking on..

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 01:20 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    you need to look at the differences in site/blog content. for example, if its say a video game blog that offers cheat codes or another site that offers "absolutes", then yes i agree the site/blog can stress on donations.

BUT, if it's a site, that deals with investments, such as this. i believe recommending or stressing donations can be dangerous and litigious. on the waves site for ex., brandon was asking for donations and made a note of how users were not clicking the ads. he is giving strategy to his followers and also saying i want them to make money. one of his more recent strategies was to sell @.38 and rebuy @.31....NOW , what if most his followers heeded his advice and sold @.38, they are waiting for the .31 but if doesnt get there or has a sick spike up, the followers are are out some money. they gave money in the form of donations, they clicked on ads as requested by the site owner and are down profits. i might go to court and try to get my money back on that one if i was them. its dangerous to have a site like this and ask for money. the only thing IMO is a site owner offers good info, the users make money, then donate when they are don trading or investing and have profitted off the site.. i know i wrote alot of rubbish, but hopefully some of it makes sense?
    Excellent post and point!! was my problem from beginning with posting there.

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 01:30 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Now why in the hell would you do that?It's been my main problem with posting there,turning into Advice site from opinion site IMHO...
    Very slippery slope they are walking on..
    advice? opinion? difference? why would i not warn them, knowing how google would view it? should i just let him get in trouble?

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 02:04 PM #38
    advice? opinion? difference? why would i not warn them, knowing how google would view it? should i just let him get in trouble?
    opinion is a view/judgement in the mind of an individual. advice is telling someone what to do in regards to that opinion. ex. and NOT REAL, my opinion is the stock market will be going down this year. my advice is to short the market.

i dont blame you for warning him rel, you're part of a site where you are a contributing writer and have the popularity of a rock star. good for you. but IMO IF , and BIG IF, brandon keeps going the way he is , he will eventually have litigation issues. its tuff daytrading, nevermind TELLING people what to do. I WILL PUT OUT A BET FOR 50K (dollars not siriusxm shares) that if he doesnt change the way he posts his opinions and advice he will catch a lawsuit or get into trouble of some kind. any takers?
    Last edited by bassmaster; 05-15-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 02:07 PM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    FROM DEMIAN...

Apple's 3.0 Update is a Game Changer for Sirius XM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 at 12:00PM Demian Russian
    The combined strengths of an Apple (AAPL) and Sirius XM (SIRI) partnership are now becoming even more clear. In my last article I explored the possible synergies between the two companies -- the potential of the satellite radio provider breaking into the iTunes dashboard and how the looming Q2 release of the Sirius XM app could turn the over 37 million iPhones and iPod Touches out on the street into the new transistor radios of this generation. This time I will delve deeper into what Apple's coming iPhone/iPod Touch OS 3.0 update will mean for Sirius XM and its soon to be released iPhone/iPod Touch app.

http://www.satwaves.com/satwaves/200...sirius-xm.html

Position: Long SIRI
    SiriusHope......

Enjoy the article, and it is fine to bring it here, but I am going to trim the article down to a paragraph and supply a link to the enire piece. This way the site of the author gets the benefit of a visit to his site. I hope this makes sense. I am not censoring you, but rather giving the author and his site the benefit of having a reader visit that site.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 02:13 PM #40
    another point, isnt this similiar to what tyler/charles tried to do regarding that hartlieb issue? brandon claimed censorship , paratrooper rick CRIED LIKE A BABY: i cant be part of this censorship either, and all the other sheep/or brandons multiple accounts followed with the same WHINES. so apparently on HIS OWN SITE he doesnt have complete freedom to say what he wants without getting into some kind of trouble huh?

Page 4 of 13 ... 23456 ...