Page 10 of 13 ... 89101112 ...
    Enthusiast
    05-15-2009, 07:07 PM #91
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    yes ben i sold a little under .40 once i saw .40 break i knew it was going further, stupid but it is what it is. you were right, sucks that u were right. unfortunately .20's look like a reality, which is utterly ridiculous. hopefully for everybody's sake who is still holding this thing can hold the .30's before its next move up but they are going to bash it with more bad news like usual im sure.
    trip, good on you. I've been trying like mad to average down and have been loathe to trade the shares. Got burned once and ended up losing shares. Of course hind site being 20/20 I should have sold on two recent occasions. Of course hind site being 20/20, I should have sold everything and dumped it into F when it was 1.70ish. Woulda Coulda Shoulda.

I've finally got my average down to a point where I am comfortable, so from here on out I'm going to keep adding on lows, selling on highs and rebuying on lows. From where we are now to anything lower, I'm buying, especially anything in the .20s.

Gotta think good things are on the horizon. Mel has been cutting costs like mad. I know John has been critical of his decision to not delay the upcoming satellite launch, so if there was significant money to be saved there with the risk of there not being much benefit, you would think that would be an easy choice to delay (Maybe the Sat's that are up there are just about on their last leg, so this launch is absolutely necessary). Heck, they are speaking confidently of being around as far out as 2015 (They brought up during the last CC that they wouldn't need to replace satellites until 2015 once this next round of launches are finished)... I'm as anxious as any long term investor regarding release of new marketing, new apps, a new and fresh web site, etc.. If you believe in the company, you know it is coming. I can't help but think they are waiting until they have people's attention and right now, everyone's (consumers) attention is on all the general gloom and doom. How can they increase their prediction of FCF to 350 million??? Total BS??? If this company pulls through and when all the gloom and doom subsides, all the critics will be piling on this company as a total success story that weathered one of the worst economic downturns in history without any government help.

We'll all see soon enough. Key is to have a plan. I've got both a long term and short term plan. Good luck to all.

Guru
    05-15-2009, 07:07 PM #92
    http://www.thedeal.com/newsweekly/fe...-continues.php

look at the picture they use for malone, compare that to the pictures they use for mel, lol its funny, the media is funny :sarcasm:

05-15-2009, 07:14 PM #93
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    its gonna be hard to predict a bottom julie, this could very well be the bottom right now for all we know.
    Then why are there several posts with the ugly number .20 in it? Is it
    just a number thrown out there or is there a real possibility of seeing
    the .20's again? What is causing this to drop, there hasn't been any
    negative news, has there?
    Julie

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 07:26 PM #94
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Then why are there several posts with the ugly number .20 in it? Is it
    just a number thrown out there or is there a real possibility of seeing
    the .20's again? What is causing this to drop, there hasn't been any
    negative news, has there?
    Julie
    If you have powder, pray for the .20s. If you dont i wouldnt worry about it till later this month. probably get a chance to unload at .40 again or .38 before that....

05-15-2009, 08:16 PM #95
    [QUOTE=TSavery;32872]
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post

There was a point when I had satellite standard that I had a "support this site" button. The response was less than overwhelming.

T-shirts, mugs, etc. are all considerations I have had in the past, but my experience is that I wind up with a bunch of T-shirts and Mugs that cost money to produce that I have to give away.

There are a few things we are working on, but as yet not implemented.

Be honest, how many of you would actually want a SsiriusBuzz t-shirt?
    What an upside down world we live in.... The T-shirts and Mugs you gave out was YOUR COST of advertising to people in an attempt to get them to come to YOUR Site.... The per click revenue you get once they are here, and whatever other add deals or Donate buttons you implement is your way to drive revenue from your efforts.... The overall site experience will determine whether or not posters Return To Your Site.... Jeeze... what a bunch of nonsense... do it or don't.. your choice.....

05-15-2009, 08:24 PM #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Hey Trip how you feeling over there? Taking a beating eh? Have you read all these posts? What a bunch of mumbo jumbo...blah blah blah...what junk. When I read garbage I feel as if I just wasted my time. Trip our little talk we had the other day was way funnier than anything I read on hear in days.

So lets talk turkey....did you sell any shares on the way down?

I hate to say I told you so but I did. Reminds of Ray Ramno...alone in rightsville. The question we all need to be asking is where is the bottom and are there any real catalyst that could actually move this stock higher?

I don't believe there are and I think we shot our lsjf at the CC.
    I have cash and I am waiting for any signs of green to get back in.
    Hey Big Guy it's been a while... I sold at .595 on CC, again at .53 on the way down, bought some at .48 (ouch), sold some more at .415, bought some at .385, sold a bunch again at .378 and .374. Bought half back at .3503 and now I wait.... Like you I am not buying until I see a clear catalyst for upward momentum and this iPhone nonsense just doesn't do it for me... I will sell into news on the iPhone App and buy more on the dip.... I have tripled my shares in the last three months.... Sell when their hyped and by when its ripe....

Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 08:29 PM #97
    [QUOTE=cos1000;32975]
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post

What an upside down world we live in.... The T-shirts and Mugs you gave out was YOUR COST of advertising to people in an attempt to get them to come to YOUR Site.... The per click revenue you get once they are here, and whatever other add deals or Donate buttons you implement is your way to drive revenue from your efforts.... The overall site experience will determine whether or not posters Return To Your Site.... Jeeze... what a bunch of nonsense... do it or don't.. your choice.....
    Cos..... I never made the t-shirts and mugs, i was speaking hypothetically. How many people do you think want a siriusbuzz t-shirt? The demand would not be that great. I simply do not see the advertising value in t-shirts, and the cost to print decent ones is quite expensive.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Guru
    05-15-2009, 08:41 PM #98
    SXM - Its made from real panther bits.
    Last edited by imromo24; 05-15-2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: :nosaeR .MP 30:90 ta yadoT

Guru
    05-15-2009, 08:57 PM #99

say hello

Anybody listening to the 3 hour interview with eminem on shade 45 right now on their slacker G2?

No?

thought not, but i am its raucous.

boo

and

ya
    Last edited by imromo24; 05-15-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: added a boo ya for a nice finish.

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 09:14 PM #100
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    trip, good on you. I've been trying like mad to average down and have been loathe to trade the shares. Got burned once and ended up losing shares. Of course hind site being 20/20 I should have sold on two recent occasions. Of course hind site being 20/20, I should have sold everything and dumped it into F when it was 1.70ish. Woulda Coulda Shoulda.

I've finally got my average down to a point where I am comfortable, so from here on out I'm going to keep adding on lows, selling on highs and rebuying on lows. From where we are now to anything lower, I'm buying, especially anything in the .20s.

Gotta think good things are on the horizon. Mel has been cutting costs like mad. I know John has been critical of his decision to not delay the upcoming satellite launch, so if there was significant money to be saved there with the risk of there not being much benefit, you would think that would be an easy choice to delay (Maybe the Sat's that are up there are just about on their last leg, so this launch is absolutely necessary). Heck, they are speaking confidently of being around as far out as 2015 (They brought up during the last CC that they wouldn't need to replace satellites until 2015 once this next round of launches are finished)... I'm as anxious as any long term investor regarding release of new marketing, new apps, a new and fresh web site, etc.. If you believe in the company, you know it is coming. I can't help but think they are waiting until they have people's attention and right now, everyone's (consumers) attention is on all the general gloom and doom. How can they increase their prediction of FCF to 350 million??? Total BS??? If this company pulls through and when all the gloom and doom subsides, all the critics will be piling on this company as a total success story that weathered one of the worst economic downturns in history without any government help.

We'll all see soon enough. Key is to have a plan. I've got both a long term and short term plan. Good luck to all.
    Otone,a question was asked in the CC about Sats and CAPEX and they said they don't have to spend anything until 2015..John questioned me and Tyler cleared up for us that This sat launch is already paid for and Sat itself is mostly paid for already with $15 mil tied up in an arbitration dispute with laural about delays cost..also they renegotiated that they can put off the XM-6 sat launch until 2015 when needed without penalty,it isain the report.

The $350 mil FCF was EBITDA also,which is different,Mel said he would be FCF for 09 positive,didn't say how much...

Do i think we will hit the 20's again,no way,but not guaranteeing it either.
    I guaranteed no 30;s again when we hit .50 last month,WRONG..

It is just big money getting in cheap and when the market is ready it will go back up..

Page 10 of 13 ... 89101112 ...