Page 6 of 13 ... 45678 ...
    Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 02:43 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    My opinion on the piece is insignificant...all i can say is that's a longggggggg stretch of what will happen. IMO...the iphone app will be big disappointment in PPS increase.
    So many investors are grabbing for straws on this one. The only way we see PPS increase where it should be is after few quarters of pure profit. END of story.
    I think there is a glimmer of potential with something in the piece that got me curious.

At one point XM inrduced an antenna that had the chipset embedded in it. This enabled the end user to use the antenna on XM enabled devices.

If Sirius XM were to market a docking station that housed the satellite chipset and included a SDARS antenna, then the iPhone could literlly become a defacto satellite receiver and decoder of sorts. This means that the cost to the company to deliver the service is substantially less because of rayalties. For the consumer, they are not eating up minutes on their data plan unless they undock.

IMO, the pain here is the coordination between the iPhone and the dock. A consumer would not want to buy two subscriptions (one for the dock, and another for the iPhone). If through software they can marry an iPhone to a dock, then we can see the consumer only needing to pay the $16 per month, and get the best of both worlds. Full satellite feed in the dock, and great internet feed out of the dock.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 02:46 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Great, interesting discussion. I forgot about watching the stock
    today. Saved me from moaning and groaning, at least for a few hours.
    Funny line Julie,even tho i know you didn't mean to make it sound like that,

Breaking news:Sirius Buzz forum discussion on lawsuits and ADVICE and OPINION difference in meaning interupts Julietoo's S*X life....
    Being harmless here hope you take it in the spirit meant..

P.S. just saw what i typed looked like,,geez,changed it to what i meant...S*X
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 05-15-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Enthusiast
    05-15-2009, 02:51 PM #53

lol !! ha ha hahahahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    PROFIT,YOUR TALKING ABOUT PROFIT????PROFIT...A.I. see if anyone gets it.

Agreed Sirius,it is always about profit and how we get it...I-Phone is just 5%of bottom line at best MHO,definitely should get into it for younger hip audience,but PROFIT is KING for stock buyers..
    And we are not profitable YET!!!! real close tho...
    nice. maybe A.I. would have a ring by now if he did practice.

makes sense when you look at both words , " no practice , no profit. "

pessimists<>optimists

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 02:52 PM #54
    they vare still chipping away at that .35 wall and a little capitulation by sellers is begining to happen,we make break below .35 or go up. to green for the day..

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 02:57 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenland View Post
    nice. maybe A.I. would have a ring by now if he did practice.

makes sense when you look at both words , " no practice , no profit. "

pessimists<>optimists
    Greenland you get the gold Star,shame what happened to his career,if only he practiced more and wasn't selfish..

Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 03:04 PM #56
    Greenland you get the gold Star,shame what happened to his career,if only he practiced more and wasn't selfish..
    He had an ego that was much bigger than it should have been, and people grew tired of it. His opinion of himself was so great that he felt he did not need to practice. The lack of practice showed up in his game. In the end, he faded away from relevance.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

05-15-2009, 03:11 PM #57
    Alright, with over 2 mill wanting to buy in @ .3500, shouldn't the price be going up?

Guru
    05-15-2009, 03:16 PM #58
    Do i have to tell you the difference of the two?
    You know what i mean,a loose cannon is dangerous,alot of people in our human history have been lynched, burned at stake,fed to the lions,persecuted and outed for false rumors reported as fact to the sheep and
    turned into fact....Speaking from the heart is one thing,reporting as fact is deadly,EX:what if someone takes advice and kills self because his wife found out he lost the college fund investing,it has already happened and will again..
    That's not even taking into account the litigation issue..
    And don't think for 1 second if someone sues they won't subpeona the post's,
    and drag certain people into testifying..HINT....Not happening i agree,but there are nuts who sue for any reason out there..

I dont think I have to tell you I agree with most of that. I know you read some of the things I wrote at SW on this subject. To be honest I dont care what your heart says, I want to know what the facts say.

Guru
    05-15-2009, 03:21 PM #59
    Tyler also, I have to ask did Demian ever get his radio or did anyone get the radio offered in that contest. I have to say that if not it really should have been.

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 03:22 PM #60
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I dont think I have to tell you I agree with most of that. I know you read some of the things I wrote at SW on this subject. To be honest I dont care what your heart says, I want to know what the facts say.
    Yeah,it's funny i wondered where you went that day and then the next day i saw a post by someone to go defend the article against john,went and looked and had this vision of steam coming out of your ears as you were driving over there...Can't believe Homer didn't know either..
    then i see you guys with Tyler discussing it on the wed ,thread.....

Page 6 of 13 ... 45678 ...