Page 1 of 13 12311 ...
    Mentor
    05-15-2009, 08:04 AM #1

SIRI INTRADAY THREAD FRIDAY-WEEKEND May 15th-17th 2009

Good Morning everyone hope all is well and the stock will go up today,it has to...no facts to back it up except it is down 5 days in a row...

We hit .38 in Pre-Markey as i type but back to .36 now,if we open higher than .37 we should be ok today..

05-15-2009, 08:37 AM #2
    Good Morning Johnny and All,
    This is getting too painfull to watch. It's been a bad week and
    hopefully we will end on a high note. It's amazing what 2 or 3 cents
    can do to my emotions.
    Julie

05-15-2009, 08:52 AM #3
    Julie(GO BLUE!!),

I agree 2 or 3 cents does a lot for the emotions which is why I think the MM's took us to the 50 day MA and investors in this stock love to buy on the way up so lets hope for a nice move today. Long 400K share with 3,800 short calls (covercalls).

Tyler,

AUDIO ADDS MUST GO

Check out www.alexa.com if you want to see your slacker taken to school by pandora. I HATE both not cause they suck because they are killing my company SIRIXM!!!!!

At some point they will charge then say BYE BYE to 75% of your listeners!!!!!!

HOW THE HELL IS PANDORA suporting the trillions of listeners and songs they play????????

As I told Newman & Damien when we went out for drinks 6 months ago, lets open a bar and give away drinks we would be the most popular bar in the city and put everyone out of business then I thought hmmm wont we eventually run out of $$$$$$$$$$!!!! DEATH TO FREE MUSIC!!!!!

Enthusiast
    05-15-2009, 08:53 AM #4
    Agreed Julie TOO,

It is truly a roller coaster ride. At this point it seems to be about making the quick gain and selling off to retrench for another few penney ride. The good news is that the money keeps coming back because they see value. The bad news is we longs have to endure the trauma and the drama. But it is exciting hey?

Addict
    05-15-2009, 09:02 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LIBOR/TED SPREAD View Post
    Julie(GO BLUE!!),

Tyler,

AUDIO ADDS MUST GO
    Forgive my continued posts on internet ads, but I think it goes to the core of some of the discussion around pandora and slacker (ads supporting their free music website). But, I think the expanding use of AUDIO ads is actually supporting what I'm saying. I've noticed more of these annoying ads lately, and it may be spreading because people IGNORE the sh$t out of internet ads. Throw in audio to get one's attention is the obvious reason to run audio with the ad. First it was dancing cartoon images, then floating ads across the screen, now audio! Perhaps there are cracks developing in the internet ad model. I think companies may be pulling back internet ad spending based partially on lower budgets due to lousy economy, but also because they're starting to realize the emperor is wearing no clothes! just say'n, IMHO.

05-15-2009, 09:13 AM #6
    WOW!!! UNDERWAY you are my hero, best post I have EVER read!!!!!!!!

Tyler & Charles should have the "inside info" on this but I completly understand if they do not share. I love these 2 guys but am starting to see a "conflict of intrest" I made my first post on the "other" site today as much as I am against the "hope" stgy they have I can't control my emotions enough to stay away.

05-15-2009, 09:18 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LIBOR/TED SPREAD View Post
    Julie(GO BLUE!!)

Tyler,

AUDIO ADDS MUST GO

Check out www.alexa.com if you want to see your slacker taken to school by pandora. I HATE both not cause they suck because they are killing my company SIRIXM!!!!!

At some point they will charge then say BYE BYE to 75% of your listeners!!!!!!

HOW THE HELL IS PANDORA suporting the trillions of listeners and songs they play????????

As I told Newman & Damien when we went out for drinks 6 months ago, lets open a bar and give away drinks we would be the most popular bar in the city and put everyone out of business then I thought hmmm wont we eventually run out of $$$$$$$$$$!!!! DEATH TO FREE MUSIC!!!!!
    Internet ads= ANNOYING!!

Enthusiast
    05-15-2009, 09:20 AM #8
    Friday! Hey, wasn't it mentioned on here that today or Monday was the day we were to hit the .50 range?

I can't wait! Woohoo!

Enthusiast
    05-15-2009, 09:34 AM #9
    .37 open? Didn't make it. I'm goin' back to bed.

Addict
    05-15-2009, 09:39 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Internet ads= ANNOYING!!
    RIGHT! Do you ever look/read them? Do you click on them?

That's my question.......who the hell does?

We all hate most TV commercials. Some are clever and funny, but the majority suck. But....we actually watch thousands of them. Why? Because you're looking at the TV, it's a habit that's hard to break. So, we watch a lot of the ads. But, the computer screen is a different animal. We are working or surfing or whatever and our eyes are on the content. The ads are superfluous, and I, and hazard to guess, most, don't look at them. It also explains why a lot of sites run 'intro ads' before you get to the content. It's not working! I always hit 'skip intro', how about you? And, if they didn't have the skip button, I'd just X out the site and move on. I believe there will be a big shift in the internet ad model. Not sure when or to what, but this one can't be working for the companies that are spending the $ on internet ads. It just doesn't make any sense!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ...