Addict
    05-14-2009, 01:59 AM #1

Leading up to the shareholder meeting 5/27

It may shape up to being a very interesting in the coming days, with the anticipation of a possible deal with MLB, the Howard Stern free week to XM subs, the likely Apple Iphone/Pod application launch.

We may get some more insight into the Liberty deal, maybe an announcement of a joint marketing effort with Direct TV or even with Dish and Ergen - John Malone left the door open for this.

The stock should start to anticipate some of these things very soon.

Guru
    05-14-2009, 09:45 AM #2
    i was listening to stern and he said "i told them, why don't you just offer my show free to XM subscribers?"

of course that wouldn't work unless they gave me my money back for buying the best of...but its an idea, why not just give up on the best of pricing now and make it a happy merger...

Addict
    05-14-2009, 11:06 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    i was listening to stern and he said "i told them, why don't you just offer my show free to XM subscribers?"

of course that wouldn't work unless they gave me my money back for buying the best of...but its an idea, why not just give up on the best of pricing now and make it a happy merger...
    As crazy as this may sound, is it possible that part of what is holding this equity down now is that Stern's contract is up at the end of next year. Even though they would lose 80 -100M in cost, they would also lose alot of subs that are on just for him.

I think it is important that he signs on for at least another 3 years and how great would it be that this gets announced during the free listening week for XM'ers.